[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CCW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: UTA-DB-9_copy_large.jpg (36 KB, 480x409) Image search: [Google]
UTA-DB-9_copy_large.jpg
36 KB, 480x409
Getting my pistol permit this weekend, and I'm looking for the best CCW Pistol in everyon'e opinion. Preferably 9mm and easily concealable.
>>
>>28418696
glock 43
>>
Whatever you are comfortable shooting first and then concealing.

You don't need a design that has "compact" written on it to conceal carry
>>
Glock 19
>>
walther ppks or glock 43 or glock 26
>>
I cc a glock 19. It's a bit big for my frame, but it works well enough at 4:30.
>>
>>
>>28418696
G19
/thread
>>
>>28418747
not unless anon is the size of andre the giant
>>
>>28418696
Glock 26 or at least that's what hickok42 told me
>>
File: 1911vsGlock005[1].jpg (44 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1911vsGlock005[1].jpg
44 KB, 1024x768
>>28418760
not really
1911s are pretty thin and come in several sizes depending on the barrel length

a 1911 officer with a 3.5" barrel is hard to beat on size
>>
>>28418696
I like my G26. Go to the range and see if they rent some or ask friends if they have any you can try. See what you shoot best and feels good but yet fit your CC needs.
>>
>>28418696

Get a gun suited for your body type, as well as trying dif ways to carry. I myself appendix carry a glock 19, even during the summer when I'm wearing just a slightly larger t shirt and shorts, I have zero printing that way. If you're on the chubbier side, you prob gonna have to try a dif position.

The 43 is nice, lacks in capacity.
The 26 is good, if you have larger hands like I, that might bug.
The 19 is amazing. 15+1, firs my hands well enough, has a rail for weapon light, unlike the 43 and 26.

In the end, get what feels best in your hands, what you think would be best for you.
>>
>>28418790

He has also said to get the 43 and 19...maybe it's his way of saying get all three.
>>
>>28418713
This
I CC a Beretta 92A1, and I'm not a walrus, so it sticks out a bit sometimes. But it's the gun I can shoot the quickest while maintaining consistent groupings, and I can do it at multiple ranges. Also I can carry a 30 rounder in my glovebox for a second mag if wanted to, and in a pinch, it could make a hell of a hammer.
>>
File: 1440779387809.png (424 KB, 960x948) Image search: [Google]
1440779387809.png
424 KB, 960x948
>>28418971
I think he just likes Glocks
>>
I alternate between a G19/G26/G43/LCP depending on the weather and how I'm dressed

You can carry whatever you want with the right holster. The important thing is that you have to practice carrying your gun. Most people don't do this, so they end up very rarely carrying.

Something like only 5% of people with permits actually carry on average
>>
>>28418696
Everyone who ages past 35 will end up moving towards firearms that are leaner. They start relying more on point-shooting for CCW too.

People will argue to try to carry a 30mm and people will argue to carry a .22 short. You need to decide on your lifestyle, body type, and your goal to carrying is. I would also recommend that you read up on first-hand accounts of self-defense shootings and take in what the person said how it went down.

You will notice none of them aimed down their sights and it was all reactionary. Also - a .380 6+1 will do everything you need a CCW to do. Instead of trying to carry a howitzer, take your .380 out and practice like a motherfucker at 20ft-25ft.
>>
>>28419080
I'm getting my CC soon. I just got a Glock, before I have a XD45. With my Glock to soon be my carry gun I've been going to the range every few weeks(broke student and working too much to go more) trying to get better . People think I'm nuts when they ask how much I shoot and tell them between 3-400 a trip. Is this a lot? I feel like they think I'm a gun nut because I didn't just buy the gun and throw it in a drawer "just in case".
>>
S&W Shield 9mm
This thread is too glock heavy.
Glock 43
Shield 9mm
LC9s
XDs 9mm

try all of these, pick your fav
>>
>>28418696

.380 if you want to pocket carry.

9mm if you want to waistband carry.

Kahr CW380, Ruger LCP, and SIG P238 are all excellent .380 pistols.

Ruger LC9, S&W Shield, and Glock 26 are all excellent 9mm pistols.

I recommend .380 if you really want to get small with what you are carrying without sacrificing too much stopping power.
>>
>>28419216
It also depends on the weather. If in a state that is warm or warm in the summer, I would suggest a smaller piece. Cooler states and cold weather, I'd suggest a bigger piece. I've carried for 7 years now and having to dress around my sub-compact fucking sucks. I plan to pick up a TCP or LCP for summer carry so I can go back to light t-shirts and shorts. Maybe even toss it in my coat pocket as a BUG.
>>
>>28419250
I would stay away from the Taurus. There's no need to take the chance when there's better options out there. such as the LCP like you stated.
>>
Carry a T/C contender in .30-06
Its the only viable option.
>>
>>28419250

Try appendix carry. Been CC my glock 19 for like 10 yrs, never had that short of problem.
>>
>>28418696
i conceal carry two desert eagles in .50 action express underneath my leather overcoat. mostly i just use kung fu though.
>>
File: y teh fuk u so gay bru.jpg (18 KB, 215x215) Image search: [Google]
y teh fuk u so gay bru.jpg
18 KB, 215x215
>>28419309

>carry piece pointed at your dick
>>
>>28419347

If you don't trust yourself or what you're carrying, maybe you should not be carrying in the first place. Plus if I ND into my dick, chances of me hitting a femoral aartery much lower than carrying it dif.

That or maybe you're a fat ass who can't carry appendix.
>>
>>28419309
I do appendix carry and I'm not fat, but that shit is not comfortable especially if you are in and out of a seated position often. Its part of the reason why I am going to a pocket gun for CCW.

>>28419292
I'm aware of Taurus being shitty and the quality being spotty, but the shit companies or ones that go to shit eventually get better. Like Remingshit and Marlin. The other reason is that the mag release is small enough not to hit it since I am a lefty, and there are no companies that make a pocket carry gun with an ambi-mag release
>>
>>28419431

Also to note, appendix carry doesn't mean it is directly above my dick, you can adjust it to the left or right, so it is aimed more at your leg if you wanted.

I know skinny fags Who can carry A G17 with no problems, that's in a tshirt and shorts. Again another reason why I prefer appendix carry.

Oh, you can also access the fire arm with either hand, don't have to worry your gun will show when bending over.
>>
>>28419435

I drive for a living, appendix is just fine. If you're having problems, then you're doing it wrong.

Pull your pants up higher before getting in the car.
>>
>>28419095
This
>>
File: u whine like a fag.jpg (34 KB, 468x654) Image search: [Google]
u whine like a fag.jpg
34 KB, 468x654
>>28419431
>>28419483

>defending dickcarry and glocknades
>>
Anyone have experience with the Sig P250 .40 compact? Interested in informed opinions.
>>
>>28419435
>and there are no companies that make a pocket carry gun with an ambi-mag release

Why is this? Why dont more companies make ambi or leftie options. They're throwing away a big chunk of their possible customers. Im a rightie so im not affected, but it still bothers me.
>>
LC9s Pro or Shield.
That is all.
>>
smith and wesson shield
>>
>>28418760
1911s are really slim

if you don't mind a bit of extra weight, they can be more comfy to carry than a double stack 9
>>
>>28419154
I also have a shield, i love the gun.

>>28418696
Check into bersa. I had a .380 thunder. It was a fun little thing.
>>
>>28419574
>250

No.
If you like unreliable, gritty, long double actions that have more felt recoil than a better pistol of the same caliber owing to the massive bore height, by all means, carry a 250 in a dead, meme caliber.

And while we're here;
>Ctrl+f "PPS"
>0 results
Ohohohoho. It's everything you could want AND it has that HK style release that's perfect for carry because sitting on it wrong won't engage it.
>4-6 carry masterrace
>>
>>28419574
>.40
No
It has the recoil of a NineEleven and the low kinetic power of lol9mm. You're better off choosing one or the other so that at least the marginal weaknesses are matched by the marginal advantage.

OP the Shield in 9mm is just a good a choice as any Glawks and much cheaper. Just make sure you buy new and don't have to replace the trigger.
CZ 75 is a good CC piece that isn't striker-fired if that's your thing

Another underrated option for CC is the Makarov, but if you're not comfortable with 8 rounds of 9x18 it's not for you
>>
>>28419584
I don't know what to tell you. Every lefty who CCWs will tell you that they would give a testicle for an ambi-mag release pocket carry piece.
>>
Anybody cc a cz75? Its my only handgun right now
>>
>>28419679
What about heel mag releases?
Anyone here pocket carry a P64 or something similar?
>>
>>28419763
Honestly I haven't really looked into that yet; I don't know if there are any pocket guns with a heel mag release. I do know Rohrberg has a pocket gun that has an ambi mag release though, and they are expensive pieces.
>>
>>28419871
>Rohrberg
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Rohrbaugh. And the PPK also
>>
>>28419972
Eh. The PPK has a terrible trigger. You can't even get a trigger job on it to fix the trigger.
>>
>>28420054
Never shot one, wouldnt know
>>
>>28419016
I've gotten that impression
>>
Who cares about trigger on your ccw. It won't make any difference when your adrenaline surges.

All factory triggers suck. But a kit for your range toys.

The point of the ccw is to stop Jamal and then buy another one after the cops seize it and never give it back
>>
>>28419216
>Ruger LC9

lc9s is good but the lc9 has a shit trigger
>>
>>28420267
The trigger is fine, even if OK. Its no 3 pound pull and around 6.7 pounds of pull to fire. To compare, thats the same pull as a GLock.
>>
>>28419292
Actually i hear the TCPs are decent problem solvers, despite beinng fuck awful to look at, and taurus.
>>
If you get a Shield, get the .40 and throw a 9mm barrel in it for cheaper practice/versatility. Can't go the other way around.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.