[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a person interested in guns, but living in /nogunz/, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: image_2.png (70 KB, 326x209) Image search: [Google]
image_2.png
70 KB, 326x209
As a person interested in guns, but living in /nogunz/, what does it feel like to have a gun? Does it feel good, does it make you feel safe knowing you can defend yourself when the need arises? Or another special feeling I don't know about? Just curious, that's all.
>>
>>28416750

Yeah, it feels pretty good.

It's fun to imagine shooting intruders/ various enemies.
>>
>>28416750
It's like owning any other physical mass produced object that can be bought in a store.

That's how it feels.
>>
It definitely does feel that way. I can only speak for myself, but I feel it is also a burden of sorts. It's hard to explain, but once you own guns, you're gonna carry that weight.
>>
>>28416784
The literal weight of a gun, or the metaphorical weight of owning one?
>>
>>28416750
Where do you live? Unless it's a Middle/South American or Asian shithole, I'm betting you can own guns.

And yes, it's a good feeling knowing that you're prepared. Doesn't mean that you'll survive but at least you have a fighting chance. Also it's nice to hug your raifu.
>>
>>28416839
Both.
>>
>>28416750
>Does it feel good, does it make you feel safe knowing you can defend yourself when the need arises?

No, because even if the need to use it arrives I know it only gives me a fighting chance and not a guarantee. On top of that I'm constantly aware that despite training for several years I have such a long way to go.
>>
>>28416750
I use to worry about having to overpower an intruder, now i worry if i can hit an intruder. Im accurate enough on my first shot, follow ups scare me.
>>
File: 1413361454077.jpg (104 KB, 800x517) Image search: [Google]
1413361454077.jpg
104 KB, 800x517
>>28416843

>Also, it's nice to hug your raifu.

I am so jealous, Anon. I bet it feels great to warm her up and cuddle her and tell her how much you love her.

I live in the Netherlands, where only the police are allowed to carry a firearm, and you can get a gun, but you can only shoot it in ranges. After tons of background checks, and a 1 year membership to the Koninklijke Nederlandse Schutters Associatie (Royal Dutch Riflemen’s Association), you can finally buy a gun. You can buy more guns after your 2nd year, max number of guns is 5. You gotta store the guns and ammo in seperate strongboxes, the police checks if you do so periodically. You can't own short-barreled revolvers or anything that's full auto. Reason being they're not fit for sports shooting. Self-defense is not a valid argument to carry a firearm for the Dutch Gov't. What a load of bullshit.
Also money's pretty tight for me now, so I can't consider this.
>>
>>28416780
that's probably how it feels to wear a chastity belt all the time too
>>
>>28416780
In other words, like my hundreds of dragon and various other animal and creature themed dildos, prostate massagers, and my inflating penis pump. My guns get a lot less use than those things, but they are nice to have.
>>
>>28416855
>literal

I'll always remember the first time I handled an actual firearm. They really strike you in the hand (if you haven't held one before), the mass of steel is surprisingly substantial, even in compact handguns. I always smirk a little when I let someone new to guns handle mine and the first thing they say is "wow, that's heavy".

>metaphorical
It feels right. I'm not sure how to elaborate without sounding like an idealistic moron/edgelord, so I'll leave it at that.
>>
File: IMG_3608.jpg (622 KB, 1944x1296) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3608.jpg
622 KB, 1944x1296
>>28417042
I'm sorry anon, if it's any consolation, I own and enjoy shooting one of the only natively produced rifles from the netherlands, the Model 1871/88 Dutch Beaumont/Vitali
it's a shame you guys didn't build more rifles, this thing is really neat.
>>
The novelty wears off. My AK just sits leaning against my night stand. Never can find ammo around here anyways to shoot
>>
>>28417144
looks like a mosin and enfield had a kid and it traveled back in time to the victorian era
>>
>>28416750
At first you're pretty fucking excited and can't stop playing around with it but the novelty kinda wears off. Then again, I always keep at least one gun around me to mess around with when I'm on the computer.

But yes, in a non-paranoid way it is nice to know that you have the means of defending yourself should the need arise.
>>
>>28416750
They're my children
>>
>>28417153
7.62x39? I can point you in the direction to ammo
>>
>>28417144
Atleast I could hold one of those things in a museum, too bad the bolt-action was locked.
>>
>>28416750
>Does it feel good, does it make you feel safe knowing you can defend yourself when the need arises?

It's nice to be able to have a handgun with me when going on long road trips just in case anything happens, particularly when it's night or in the middle of nowhere.

>Or another special feeling I don't know about?

Don't know. I like mechanical stuff and putting things together/taking them apart, like cameras or audio stuff or computers, so guns are just another aspect of that. It's relaxing to shoot and then head home to strip, clean, and reassemble them.
>>
It's like having a second dick, but one that can kill things.
>>
>>28417162
This.
They are a responsibility. I love them.
>>
>>28417132

>They really strike you in the hand (if you haven't held one before), the mass of steel is surprisingly substantial, even in compact handguns. I always smirk a little when I let someone new to guns handle mine and the first thing they say is "wow, that's heavy".

My first handgun was all steel.
I'm 6'5" @220#, so I didn't really think much of it.
But then when I showed it to people, I heard that same comment from all of them.
I thought they were just being pussies, but it turns out that's the normal reaction.
>>
>>28417165
Not 21 yet so most online retailers wont sell, at least the few I've seen. Any links? Yeah x39
>>
File: IMG_3318.jpg (301 KB, 1364x940) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3318.jpg
301 KB, 1364x940
>>28417156
I think it looks like someone decided to rip-off the best features of the french Chassepot/Gras and slap an Italian box mag on it...because that's pretty much exactly what happened. I love that there's a V-spring in the bolt handle that drives the firing pin.
>>
>>28417153
the fuck do you live?
>>
File: CAM00176.jpg (910 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
CAM00176.jpg
910 KB, 1944x2592
To me, the best feeling is owning handguns, and being able to have one available 24/7 (in the car, at work, at home). Got my CCW, C&R, and I've set up a trust with 1 SBR to my name so far (via e-file). 15 guns so far, not bad for being 24 years old.
>>
>>28417204
Puget Sound Region in a small logging town. Walmart is the only retailer that doesn't jew the prices for ammo and all the fudds come and buy it for their Tapco SKS as soon as it hits shelves. The local gun stores sell it for twice the price. I've seen 20 rounds of tula selling for 10 bucks. I could drive 30 miles to Cabelas but my work doesn't really let that happen. I work in corpse removal so I have to stay in the county in case we get called out.
>>
File: 1426044860829.jpg (1 MB, 2200x1116) Image search: [Google]
1426044860829.jpg
1 MB, 2200x1116
>>28417198
>Yeah x39

don't you be saying that when discussing either 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 pham but here, literally the best 7.62x39 ammo you can get period, golden tiger

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammo-sale/762x39-ammo

the one all the way to the left in pic is golden tiger
>>
>>28417216
buy online
>>
>>28417144
>>28417200
My LGS has not one, but TWO of these amazing things. They literally are the transition between a musket and a bolt action rifle. They're long, heavy, and fire a big ass fucking cartridge, but damn are they good looking. IT's a shame that almost all ammo needs to be reloaded.
>>
File: a7mart2.jpg (80 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
a7mart2.jpg
80 KB, 640x472
Also I wanna thank you kind anons for your replies, atleast I know what it feels like. Have an illustration of various Japanese aircraft.
>>
>>28417216
buying online is where it's at now. Walmart is for the retards and maybe for those times where you need to go hit the range in a pinch and you don't have any ammo at hand.

The key is to buy in bulk especially during black friday sales where shipping is free. I do this and I never need to give a single fuck about "muh panic buys"
>>
>>28416855
Is the metaphorical weight the responsibilities you have when owning a gun? Like "with great power comes great responsibility?"
>>
>>28417182
>I'm 6'5" @220#, so I didn't really think much of it.

Yep. I'm 6'6" and have an AR with a 20" HBAR barrel and A2 stock. I don't think of it as particularly heavy or oddly sized, but anyone under around 6'2" who handles it seems to find it awkwardly long.
>>
>>28417260
Not him but there's really no life changing thing when you own a gun.

However, you do need to learn one thing and practice it every single day when you carry a gun.

De-escalate situations and learn how to be situationally aware everywhere you go, stay the fuck out of trouble. At least that's what I think.
>>
>>28417235
yup, I love the guns in that wierd transnational period period where everyone was still trying to figure out what worked and what didn't. Making the obscure obsolete ammo from scratch is just part of the fun, today I was fireforming brass from 8mm lebel to make 41 swiss cases for my Vetterli Model 1869-71

you should get a beaumont, you can make cases for it out of 32 ga shotshell brass and use .458" dia 405gr bullets which are commonly used to load 45-70
>>
>>28416750
Handling the guns is always cool. Loading magazines, reloading your weapon, cycling the action all sound and feel cool. It feels awesome when you see a pop up target go down, or a clay pigeon explode in the air. Disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling can be fun as well, especially if you think the sounds are cool. It doesn't really give peace of mind, because the prospect of shooting someone is pretty grim, regardless of the circumstances or outcome.
>>
>>28417042
I'm pretty sure there are dutch gun owners on here. Also you could move to belgium or nordics where there are still somewhat lenient gun laws
>>
File: 1447535414968.jpg (40 KB, 590x518) Image search: [Google]
1447535414968.jpg
40 KB, 590x518
>>28417273
>Tfw you're the easiest target and need larger cover

Fucking gooks and their tunnels.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.