[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old medals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 346446246246346.jpg (1 MB, 1774x1336) Image search: [Google]
346446246246346.jpg
1 MB, 1774x1336
Can anyone tell me about these medals? I tried to look them up, but I only found the rainbow WWII victory one. I believe these medals belonged to my grandpa, but he died before I was even born. My mom never talked about him being in the military (she never talked about her parents at all, really).

There wasn't any documentation along with the medals, or even his name anywhere. If I knew his name I could look him up somehow, right?
>>
>>28414866
You should throw them off the bridge at cars below
>>
>>28414866

National defense medal

ww2 victory medal

Good conduct medal
>>
>>28414892
This OP its obvious and if you diddnt know that then kill yourself and visit your grandpa in heaven. Tell him thanks for his service from me though.
>>
>>28414892
Is there a way to figure out when they're from specifically? Most of the answers on google say they were awarded during various years, would someone who saw actual combat get these medals or could anyone get them?

The National Defense medal was awarded after 1953, but the other two could have been awarded during WWII. I think it's interesting, I just wanted to hear something from someone that knows more about them I guess.
>>
National defense medal and the good cookie.

Top kek your grandpa was a scrub ass boot who didn't do anything git gud pussy
>>
I love that Second World War service medal. Peace breaking a sword over her knee. Beautiful.
>>
>>28416030
>WW2 Victory Medal
>awarded during WW2
Anon I think you might be retarded
>>
>>28416030
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awards_and_decorations_of_the_United_States_Armed_Forces
Fucking faggot
>>
>>28416088
>>28416140
There's no need to be rude, guys. I'm not familiar with this kind of thing, I was just posting to see if more people could give me clues or maybe tell me what they know about these medals.
>>
>>28414866
The Efficiency, Honor and Fidelity medal is a good conduct medal awarded to soldiers who have been found to do good service.
>>
>>28416775
Don't mind them. >>28414892 said more or less everything that needed to be said. My gramps has some of the same medals.

One more thing, the ribbon bar you have pictured is paired with the National Defense medal. IIRC the other medals should have corresponding ribbon bars as well.
>>
File: 343259643297653264732.jpg (914 KB, 800x1800) Image search: [Google]
343259643297653264732.jpg
914 KB, 800x1800
>>28416140
What about these ones I found in my grandparents house?

I don't see them on that page
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.