[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OHIO CCW: Is it worth it? I live in an area where nearly every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
OHIO CCW: Is it worth it?

I live in an area where nearly every business has this stupid ass shit by the front door. Also, I cannot legally carry at my workplace.

I never go to downtown Cincinnati, so is it even worth getting a CCW for $100?
>>
>make sure you're not printing
>do it anyway
How illegal is this?
>"meh, you'll be fine. Misdemeanor at worst" illegal?
or
>"Shit, boy! You're goin to prison!" illegal"
>>
Are those signs legally binding? Dunno about Ohio, but in many cities you'll find NO WEAPONS ALLOWED signs that aren't legally binding, and at most you'll be denied service/asked to leave.
Also, don't print.
>>
>>28412677
Yes, most are legally binding. I wish I lived in Kentucky.
>>
>>28412677
Yes they are legally binding.
>>
>>28412696
In what sense? Is it a criminal or civil matter if you don't comply?
>>
If you get caught carrying in a place that has these, they may ask you to leave.

I know, it's harsh.
>>
>>28412638
Just don't shop in those stores. If the signs carry the weight of law, then follow them. If they don't, just ignore them.
>>
It's worth it to speed up background checks when buying a new gun (I don't think they have that worked out yet, but it's coming.) I believe it also counts if you want to join the CMP. And if you buy something off Armlist, a lot of sellers want you to have one. The Ohio CCW is also recognized in most states now. I don't think a Utah license gets you much more anymore.

I took the class a few weeks ago and it was worth it to learn about the law. I also picked up a few other things.

If you haven't lived in Ohio for five years (like me) you'll have to pay more at the for the actual license ($91 instead of $60 something) because they have to do an FBI background check on you. This will also delay it a few weeks.

The Captain I dealt with was very bro-teir. But he did scare the shit out of me. About an hour after I applied, he called me and said I needed to go back. He said he forgot to finger print me for the FBI check.

I went back, but before I went inside I sent my Dad a text telling him what happened and if you didn't hear from me in two hours, he better have some bail (I knew I hadn't done anything, but it still wasn't cool.) My Dad texted me back saying "Did she tell you she was over 18"? I swear the old man is trying for the finest nursing home in Tijuana.

tl;dr yes. and my dad's a dick
>>
So here's a question

In VA (and iirc a handful of other states) a law was passed ~2010 granting ccw holders (and maybe other gun owners, not sure on that bit) the ability to legally carry in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol as long as they don't drink. Low and behold, violent occurrences in these facilities dropped the next year, but I digress.

If I were to visit some snobby Richmond "gin in a mason jar" (not even whisky REEEE) type of bar with some questionably hetero friends, and they had a no firearm sign (though they probably don't even have a sign with the name for the bar), would I be at all obligated to give a damn?
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't give a single solitary fuck about these damn signs? Keep the fucking gun in your pants unless you need to actually use the damn thing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.