[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /k/ have any advice on how to maintain a tight group while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_0066.jpg (711 KB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0066.jpg
711 KB, 1500x2000
Does /k/ have any advice on how to maintain a tight group while pushing back distance? Pic related was done with 25 rounds out of a Glock 19 at 10 yards. Once I push the target out to 15 yards my groupings increase out to the 9 ring
>>
>>28405076

Don't suck so much dick.
>>
Focus on how your trigger breaks, make sure you're focusing on the front sight.
>>
>>28405076
positive grip, comfy stance, good breathing technique, practice.

with handguns the slightest movement becomes exaggerated at distance. just the way it is.
>>
>>28405092

But honestly, fundamentals, fundamentals, and, practice, practice, practice.
>>
>>28405092
Sorry, I'm looking for advice that fits my lifestyle.
>>
>>28405076
Move the target to 11 yards
>>
>>28405076

Looks pretty standard for a Glock 19. You can only do so much with that trigger.

Out of curiosity, what ammo are you using? My Glock 19 puts them to the left of my poa if I am using 115gr but on poa of I am using 147gr.
>>
>>28405094
>>28405102
>>28405106
>>28405171
I'll keep at it and go for small increases. I try focusing on the front sight but at 15 yards I can barely see the center of the target

>>28405195
115gr White Box. I was curious about the grouping being to the left as well. No matter what I did I couldn't move it to the center without aiming to the right. I'll try some 124gr and 147gr ammo next time
>>
>>28405076
thats some nice shooting OP. when you start pushing out the yardage you really need to have excellent trigger control. check your dry fire, those sights shouldn't move when that trigger breaks.
>>
>>28405328

Yeah if you're using wwb you're not going to get your full potential accuracy wise.

I would also pick up a laserlyte, it's not cheap but you can practice a lot more outside the range.
>>
>>28405426
Thanks man. I'll pick up some snap caps tomorrow

>>28405621
Those LaserLyte trainers look pretty awesome. I'll go with snap caps for now and check my LGS to see if they have that
>>
File: sirt.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
sirt.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>28406410
>LaserLyte trainers look pretty awesome.

do your research before deciding on laser training devices. there are options.
>>
>>28405328
That grouping slightly to the left might be too little finger on the trigger. For a right handed shooter, too little finger will push the gun to the left and too much finger will pull it to the right.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.