[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for first handgat Beretta 92FS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Beretta92FSWoodGrips.jpg (66 KB, 736x513) Image search: [Google]
Beretta92FSWoodGrips.jpg
66 KB, 736x513
Need some assistance here fags. I'm now at three long-guns and I'm thinking my 2016 resolution is to acquire my first handgun. Still trying to figure out which one is the right one, but as I am a larger guy with bear-paw hands,

I'm also considering an M&P for first handgun, simply because I've handled one and it was comfy as hell. I'll be going to my local funstore to fondle a Beretta this weekend.

So at this point I want to ask. For the learner, does the fire type matter? Will it be easier to learn a DA/SA setup like the Beretta, or is a striker gun like the M&P more advantageous?
>>
>>28403896
My first was a 92fs. So see of its comfy and if you like it and you feel like John McClaine buy it. It really doesn't matter on the learning side. All guns have a learning curve.
>>
>>28403947
>if you like it and you feel like John McClaine buy it

I forgot about that.

What if I don't?
>>
>>28403896
Can't go wrong with the M&P. Thumb safeties/decokers are a pain in the thumb after a long day of shooting.
>>
If there is a range you can possibly rent one I would highly suggest paying the extra money to try it first. A 92fs was my first handgun as well I love it but the DA/SA isn't for everyone.
>>
>>28404116

>Safeties/decockers

Are they not easier to secure though?

>>28404179
There's a place north of me in the Twin Cities, but I'm never able to make time for it.

Is it not something I could fidget with in the store?
>>
>>28404234
If the shop will let you dry fire it you should get a feel for it. That first trigger pull can feel like a mile long before you get used to it.
>>
>>28404287
>That first trigger pull can feel like a mile long before you get used to it.

Oh! I see what you're talking about.

I'm familiar with that. My friend's Para-Ordnance 1911 was like that.

That shit's not so bad to deal with.
>>
>>28403896
>So at this point I want to ask. For the learner, does the fire type matter? Will it be easier to learn a DA/SA setup like the Beretta, or is a striker gun like the M&P more advantageous?
honestly no, theres a bit of a learning curve but its still so simple any idiot can pull a trigger

if you arent in love with the 92
dont buy one its an adequate but outdated design
a 92 fs was my first handgun cause action movies
it got sold after i experinced other brands like glock,cz,sig
>>
File: FNnomag.jpg (69 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
FNnomag.jpg
69 KB, 1024x768
i find DA/SA the best for a beginner because it provides absolute, visual control over the status of the weapon. even without a decocker, just being able to thumb the hammer gives you immense control over the safety and readiness of the gun. If there's ever a question of if it's easily ready to fire, you can see it
>>
>>28404435
>glock

I fucking hate Glocks. I used a loaner G22 for my CCP qualification. I've shot others, but I'm fucking amazed I passed with that shitty Glock.

>>28404481
>DA/SA for newfags
I should also point out, like I said I have big hands. I also have big thumbs. Reaching the controls shouldn't be a problem for me, if anyone is thinking that.
>>
>>28404375
>I'm familiar with that. My friend's Para-Ordnance 1911 was like that.
>1911
>trigger feels a mile long

Uh. What?

The 92 is a good pistol.
>>
>>28403896
Both the M&P and 92FS are great.

a 92FS was my first handgun, and I liked it so much that I bought another. I've handled and shot the M&P as well, and had no qualms with it. Ultimately, it will come down to what you're looking for in a pistol, as others have mentioned. I personally will always take a nice metal pistol over polymer any day, but that's my preference. Also, the 92 fits my hand like God created it just for me.
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (39 KB, 640x409) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
39 KB, 640x409
>>28403896
You also may want to consider the CZ75B
>>
>>28404869

I would, but those have been tough to find in my area. The M&P or Beretta are in my nearest store, the CZ75 is not.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.