[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi-Point 9mm or 380ACP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: [email protected] (19 KB, 535x428) Image search: [Google]
MKS_380C@P.jpg
19 KB, 535x428
Been looking at getting one of these for home defense weapon, as they seem cheap and reliable. Hope to never use it other then occasional range.

I hear some say they are super reliable and some say they are worst thing on earth.

opinions? i can grab the 380 locallly for around $140, shrug.
>>
>>28403647
Get it in 9mm
>>
>>28403647
Don't buy a hipoint unless you literally can't afford anything else and need a gun right this second.
>>
>>28403647
Firearms are not a casual hobby. If you're only interested up to spending $140 on a handgun, firearms probably aren't for you.

If you can only spend $140 on firearms, buy the C9. Do not buy a Raven, Cobra, etc. There isn't much point in buying a full size pistol in 380.

>some say they are super reliable
they are right
>some say they are worst thing on earth
they are wrong
>Hope to never use it other then occasional range
Firearms may not be for you, but you still have the right to life and liberty.
>>
This is what the makers of hi point intended. They wanted to develope a safe reliable fun that any family can own to defend themselves. Just make sure you know how to use it and are comfortable with it once you get it. Go to the range etc. Get the 9mm it's a little more up front for the gun but you'll make your money up on ammo price really quick
>>
>>28404047
i just need a gun in case some niggers try and break into my house bro. im not trying to start a new hobby just prepare for worst case.
>>
>>28404193
i think alot of gun people dont understand that alot of people are barely getting by week to week with food and shelter, so dont have an extra $500 to buy a new toy.
>>
>>28404203
go to a range
shoot some guns
having a gun that you can't shoot for shit won't really serve you very well when a nigger comes to break into your house.
>>
>>28404223
i intend to utilize the range periodically
>>
>>28403647
>>28403707
Agreed, get 9mm, 380 ACP is mostly for pocket guns, which isn't a Hi-Point.

>>28403739
>>28404047
Hi-Points are reliable, but if you can spend more you can get something much nicer. For something that's just going to sit at your bedside it's okay, the problems with it are bulkiness and weight, which don't matter so much for a home defense pistol.

>>28404047
>>28404193
>>28404203
I agree with this 100%.
The number one purpose of a firearm is to protect your life or your family. If it's not your hobby, that's okay, in spite of the views of some people in the firearms community. View it as a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, something for "just in case".

[That being said, it's a fun hobby.]
>>
>>28403647
9mm, beyond outperforming 380ACP, is also going to be cheaper in many cases. Practice grade 9mm is going to be $10-$12 per 50 and 380ACP is going to be $14-$16.

In a Hi Point, the size difference in the pistols is pretty negligible.
>>
>>28403647
Took my c9 out inna woods and shot it for the first time today. I shot about 100 rounds through it and had 3 malfunctions.

>shoots straight
>pretty reliable (I'm sure even more so after break in period)
>cheap

But
>heavy as hell
>a bitch to field strip
>8round mag

Basically you get what you pay for. If you absolutely need a gun for home defense its probably not a bad choice. If youre looking for make a hobby out of funs save more money and get something better.
>>
>>28404203
Then get the C9. If the 380 is $140, then the C9 should be $150 or $160.
>>
Get a 50 year old shotgun for less.
>>
I have a hi-point 9mm. It's heavy, but it's not a bad thing to me.
The only problem is mine has a tendency to jam and it's a bitch to unjam it. If you can hit the intruder reliably, it's a great home defense option. If you feel you might need a magazine or three to get the job done, I don't recommend it.
>>
there are much, much better guns for not much more money. hipoints are heavy shit guns that only work sort of reliably, and have incredibly limited magazines. Just get a police trade in glock or m&p.
>>
You can try to find a Ruger P89 at that price range.

Alternatively, you can look at LEO trade in Glocks or even a Canik Pistol.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.