[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way the army will accept me? I got prescribed medication
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: _20160102_182312.jpg (250 KB, 1080x990) Image search: [Google]
_20160102_182312.jpg
250 KB, 1080x990
Is there any way the army will accept me?

I got prescribed medication for anxiety in early 2014 which lasted about 4 weeks, then I got prescribed medication for anxiety and depression in 2015 which lasted about 8 weeks.

The only medication I actually used was the anxiety med (beta blocker).

I'll be honest and admit the only reason I was depressed/anxious was because I used to be a heavy rec drug and steroid user and would get extreme highs and extreme lows the next day. Some comedowns were so bad I'd get panic attacks which led to me thinking I had something wrong with me.

Now I'm off all drugs and living a lot better and want to become a soldier and was wondering if it was possible?
>>
Probably not with such a heavy god damn recent history of illegal drug use, steroid abuse and depression.
>>
Which Army?

Your picture is a UK Marine but I assume you're talking about US?
>>
>>28401474

I should have specified it's the UK armed forces I'm talking about, particularly the Royal Marines or Parachute Regiment.
>>
If there's no record it didnt happen, fly straight and you'll be fine.
If bongs are like US you'll have to wait a few months after your last med dose.
>>
>>28401504

Welp, then I have no idea.
>>
>>28401509
>>28401512

I've had a look online and it's all very vague. Some say you're barred from entry and others say you have to wait a period of time.

The RAF say you must have 3 years since your last depressive episode and 12 months since your last episode of anxiety, all pending investigation by RAF medical staff.
>>
>>28401442
You are a mental case, your mental fitness is as weak as your sense of realism.
Nobody will lay his life in your hands. So no.
>>
>>28402401

What should I do then? Give it a go and be brutally honest about my past?
>>
>>28401442
>I used to be a heavy rec drug and steroid user
Probably not if you tell them that.
>>
File: 1211650192928.jpg (244 KB, 587x836) Image search: [Google]
1211650192928.jpg
244 KB, 587x836
>>28402598
Yes. Realistically though, they're probably going to turn you away. There's not a big need for bodies right now.
>>
>>28402633

That's my reason for being prescribed medication though, without that they won't know it was anxiety due to drug comedowns and not a constant anxiety disorder.
>>
>>28402665
>I abused drugs and steroids to the point that I needed anxiety medication to deal with the comedowns that included depression and panic attacks.
>I had some issues with anxiety in the past.

I don't think they will look more kindly on the former than the latter man, sorry.
>>
>>28401938

Not either of those guys.

In the US they can't look at your medical history, they just make you think they can.

Not sure if that's the case in bongland. Former US muhreen here, I think Royal Marines are pretty badass. Give it a shot, or stay in shape and wait it out.
>>
>>28402767

I'll talk to a recruiter about it and see what he says, I won't say anything about drugs/steroids I'll just ask what their policy is regarding people who have been prescribed meds for anxiety ect.
>>
>>28401442
>Is there any way the army will accept me?
I dunno, let's see
>I got prescribed medication for anxiety in early 2014 which lasted about 4 weeks, then I got prescribed medication for anxiety and depression in 2015 which lasted about 8 weeks.
If you have issues with depression and anxiety already, the military probably isn't for you
>The only medication I actually used was the anxiety med (beta blocker).
Just don;t say anything about it, they aren't going to look into your medical records
>I'll be honest and admit the only reason I was depressed/anxious was because I used to be a heavy rec drug and steroid user and would get extreme highs and extreme lows the next day. Some comedowns were so bad I'd get panic attacks which led to me thinking I had something wrong with me.
If you are trying to get away from Drugs, the Army is not the best place for that. There are drugs everywhere, usually pills and cocaine.
>Now I'm off all drugs and living a lot better and want to become a soldier and was wondering if it was possible?
If you keep your mouth shut about the drugs and the medication, you can probably do it. However, it seems you are predisposed to having some serious mental health issues. While I'm not a doctor or anything, it would be a decent assumption that joining the Army may only exacerbate the issues you already have. Suggest speaking to a private psychologist/psychiatrist about it.
>>
>>28403584
>Just don;t say anything about it, they aren't going to look into your medical records

They are.
>>
The Army accepts anyone
>>
>>28403794
Proof?
>>
>>28401442
If you were clinically diagnosed with depression, you will likely have it your entire life. It doesn't just go away. Also, it's a terrible idea to go off depression meds no matter wtf you think otherwise.
>>
>>28401442
if you're such a little bitch you shouldn't even think of joining the military. Just play call of duty and beat off.
>>
>>28405574
>>28405574
>it's a terrible idea to go off depression meds

OK dr. shekelstein

seriously people have been surviving without depression meds for 1000s of years and have done just fine.

of course once dr shekelstein gets you addicted to his snake oil you may or may not suffer serious side effects after quitting, but that's the only reason why it is bad to just quit depression meds, nobody actually needs to be medicated for their entire life.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.