[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any thoughts on the Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme? I am looking into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Any thoughts on the Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme? I am looking into a side by side shotgun for aesthetics, home defense, and also skeet/trap shooting. I just really like the appeal of these types of shotguns and curious if anyone has recommendations, or experience with one.
>>
>>28396986
Wanna see my dick?
>>
>>28396996
I do!
>>
Y'all suck sometimes.
>>
>double trigger

not for me.

if you get a double, make sure you get one with working ejectors. nothing more annoying than picking shells out of the gun everytime
>>
They're good. Double trigger versions are a must, because the single trigger guns develop light-strike issues.
>>
>>28397004

Teehee
>>
>>28397054
I like the double trigger. You can throw in different chokes and have a seperate trigger for the spread you need.
>>
Own a Stoger Coach gun. Good enough for cheap SXS shotgun, fun to use. For your purposes, not the best option.

Aesthetics: Its pretty basic. Just do a google image search for SXS shotguns, and you will see prettier.

Home defense: You have two shots. Yeah, you can reload, yeah, 00 buck is good at putting people down with one-two shots, but still limiting yourself. Plus, at least with mine, the gun doesn't unlock itself easily unless you know its kinks. You have better options.

Skeet/trap shooting: SXS's are not really the best for this, since the barrels will always shoot a little left/right, and takes a lot of work to compensate for. Plus, coach guns are not really great for long range, short barrels and all.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Stoger coach gun, never had regrets buying it, but its a fun toy, and a mid-poor choice for anything else. If you have other guns, go ahead and have fun, but if it is your first, think about it a little more. A better general purpose shotgun would be a Mossberg 500, in my opinion.
>>
>>28397074
my o/u has a selector, best of both worlds. double triggers make for slow follow up shots in my experience

for deer i usually keep a slug in the top and 00 in the bottom, set to fire the slug first. that way i'll get an accurate shot, and if i only tag him i can hit him the with 00 when he's running. but if i'm pushing the bush i'll usually keep 2 00 or SSGs.
>>
File: image.jpg (959 KB, 1541x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
959 KB, 1541x1600
>>28396986
Get a Baikal 220 OP.
Made In da motherland.
Comes basic as fuck, but you got sandpaper and wood stain right?
>>
File: boomstick1.gif (54 KB, 399x292) Image search: [Google]
boomstick1.gif
54 KB, 399x292
>>28396986
It's fine for aesthetics and being Ash's gun. I think an old Stevens or something else would be better for a workhorse gun like you want.

My stoeger had an odd habit of falling apart in the 3 main pieces after firing until I shimmed the foregrip latch.
>>
>>28397099
>Baikal 220
I have other weapons too. I guess I don't really need it for home defense, but would bring it with me with my pistol in case.

I just started to skeet shoot a bit with a Remington that my brother owns. I wasn't going to take it to seriously and just have fun with it. Thanks for the advice
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 800x534
>>28397241
Well then just do this.
Can't get more fun than a dindu destroyer.
>>
>>28397064
Don't be a tease, anon.

You got my hopes up.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.