[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will be moving to Mississippi at the start of April. I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: the_new_current_year.jpg (33 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
the_new_current_year.jpg
33 KB, 480x480
I will be moving to Mississippi at the start of April. I have never owned a gun before (Massachusetts fag currently). Are the gun laws in MS really that relaxed could I really just want into a store and buy a rifle with no license? Please give me some info on this.
>>
>>28396220
>could I really just want into a store and buy a rifle with no license?

Yep
>>
https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/mississippi/
>>
>>28396253
Yeah I know I was just wondering if any MS fags could contribute any info or tell me what the state is like in general
>>
>>28396220

>Relaxed

Mississippi is a free state, unlike the Commonwealth. You are free to do what the Constitution says you have a right to there.
>>
>>28396269
I'm so excited this will be awesome. I have experience firing guns at a range but owning one and hunting will be awesome
>>
>>28396220
>could I really just want into a store and buy a rifle with no license? Please give me some info on this.

If you can pass a background check, yeah.
>>
>>28396307
I had a possession of marijuana charge when I was 17 but it got dismissed in court. Will this prevent me from being able to own a firearm
>>
And it happened in mass and I will be moving to MS so idk if that will affect it or not
>>
Don't take offense to this but..
pls lurk more.
>>
There are only, like, 3 or 4 states that which you need a license to own a rifle or handgun. Most of those states its a city thing, not statewide. CT sucks balls.

I don't think the marijuana charge will be an issue but I'd take that up with a legal professional. On the 4473 form, one of the questions is "have you ever been an illegal user of marijuana" or something around those lines.
>>
>>28396691
I shall ty
>>
>>28396267
MSfag here, yeah it's as easy as buying groceries. Whitetail hunting is Godtier good, as well as turkey and predator hunting. Get ready for shit ton of white trash, dindus, and fudds tho. What part of MS you moving to by chance?
>>
>>28396343
>dismissed
You're fine, just follow the background check form to the letter
If you're unsure how to answer a question, the gunstore employees can typically help
>>
>>28396762
I'm not sure yet, what area do you recommend?
>>
>>28396904
Stay out of the Delta, crime is bad. Jackson is kinda shitty as well. Check out these cities/towns: Oxford, Starkville, Southaven, Germantown area, Gulfport and biloxi. The Golden Triangle is a really nice area with really good hunting and most of the people are pretty accepting. Stay away from Greenwood, Greenville, and Clarksdale. If you're into history at all you should check out Vicksburgs civil war memorial park. But I wouldn't live there either
>>
>>28396988
Thanks man much appreciated! Very shocked by how cheap rent is in MS me and 2 friends are making the move and it looks like its only 800 a month for a 3 bedroom in some places I looked
>>
>>28396220
Very few states require a license at all.
>>
>>28397007
Yeah man, lived there my whole life until just recently, and while all the negative southern stereotypes can be found there, it's not like it used to be. Lotta good people and it's a great place to grow up or live. Get ready to have lots of casual conversations with people you don't know. Oh and food is great.
>>
>>28397053
Is there really alot of meth head tweakers ? Or is that only in certain areas I'm assuming
>>
>>28396786
Question 1 - 10 is the same shit you fill out on a job application.
Yes to question 11 A. No to question 11 B through 11 L. Skip 12. Answer 13 and 14. Skip 15 unless you selected "other" in question 14. Sign the back of the paper on the top signature line and date it.

There. I made the difficult (lol) part of the form easy for him.
>>
>>28397068
Depends on where you're at, lived in the southwest/delta/northeast and different time growing up and I think the only drug I ever came in contact with was marijuana. It's still the Bible Belt so drugs of any kinda are looked down on by most. Just stay out of the bad places.
>>
>>28397116
Perfect
>>
Is there alot of blatant open racism?
>>
>>28396267
>Can I please get some info?
>Anon delivers
>I know but I want more info
For fucks sake OP it's all there.
>>
>>28397072
If only my customers actually read the form. I think it's a ratio of about 7/1 Wethersfield they answer twelve or not.
>>
>>28397905
Wether*. Fucking phone.
>>
>>28397170
Na not as much as people think. Kkk really isn't much of a thing anymore. I don't know any members and if I do they sure aren't coming out in the open about it. Schools however kinda are in someplaces. Like you'll have the all black public school on one side of town and then the white school on the other side. I grew up being taught that every race has its good and bad. Whites and white trash, blacks and dindus, etc. my high school was pretty mixed tho. Had a lot of black bros. always went hunting shooting with me, went to each other's houses ate dinner together, had a black gf at one time, etc. weirdly enough churches there are full of the most racist motherfuckers you'll ever meet. Part of the reason I don't attend anymore.
>>
>>28396988
If you choose the right suburb of Jackson it's aight, also iirc north Jackson is actually kinda interesting depending what you're into.
Everyone seems to be forgetting a federal law youay not be thinking of: you'll need an MS drivers license or state ID to purchase a firearm.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.