[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, I've been itching to get a Makarov for a long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: p64011.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
p64011.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
Hey /k/,

I've been itching to get a Makarov for a long time. My guns aren't safe queens, so I intend to carry it when I don't feel like carrying my current daily.

It's up between a P64 Radom and a CZ-82 (if i can find one.)

My biggest concern with the Makarovs is the finish. I'm a winter person, so when it comes to summer, I sweat a good amount. I've read mixed responses online and say that the finish picks up rust easily. If that is the case, I'd rather avoid the Makarov and go for something else.
>>
>>28395497
If you keep it properly lined it won't be a problem. That being said, there is nothing sexier than a gun with wear on it.
>>
>>28395574
Lubed*
>>
>>28395497

Get a second hand soviet one with a nice wooden grip and oil it up good. Those babies can take a beating.
>>
>>28395497
I carry a p64. no complaints other than the trigger, which is remedied for about 15 bucks. I did grind the mags smooth though, because the pinky extension sucks.
>>
>>28395497
>Buy bulgarian mak from aimsurplus
>Get cerakoted or duracoated desired color
Problen solved
>>
>>28395574

That shouldn't be too hard to get used to. How often does it need to be lubed?

>>28395610

Thanks, I'll look into them.

>>28395618

That's good to hear. I'm going for a Glock I rarely lube, so I was worried I'd have to deal with rust if the finish got worn

>>28395622

I couldn't for that. I'd want to preserve those guns. If I had to coat it, I'd rather just keep it in a safe to preserve it.
>>
>want a Makarov
>P64/CZ82
>>
>>28395497
>I want a Makarov
>I'm torn between a P64 and CZ-82
what?
>>
>>28395949
>>28395963

What I meant is a handgun that uses 9x18mm round. I've been looking at the P64 for a while, and just as I was going to buy it, came across the CZ-82. The P64 is cheaper, but if it's going to get really worn out from every day carry, I'd rather get the CZ.

tl;dr: I classified them incorrectly as Makarovs.
>>
>>28396016
why not just get a real Mak? They're the best 9x18.

I got a brand new bulgarian one from southern ohio gun co. for 300, still in cosmoline. unfired.

It is sweeeeet
>>
>>28396016
I like my mak, I wouldn't carry it personally. I've only fingerfucked a p64 once, heavy trigger, pretty small gun. CZ82s are supposed to be nice, and have polygonal barrels, which is supposed to be a plus.
>>
>>28396095

I've been looking, but I haven't found many. Most are either out of stock or seem overpriced. If I could get one in cosmoline, that'd be even better. It's nasty stuff, but it makes me like the gun that much more. I just found a Bulgarian 8 round for $300 online, going to look into that one as well.

>>28396142

I read that about the P64 as well. I figured I would just replace the spring, which supposedly lightens the trigger pull significantly. I wish I could handle the CZ before I buy it, but I doubt anyone will have one locally.
>>
>>28396210
I like my Makarov, as a Cold War surplus gun, and would like to get the other two to go with it, but like I said, I wouldn't carry the mak, maybe the P64, but I've heard that shooting with them can hurt your hands after a bit, but due to it's size it seems like a decent carry gun.
>>
>>28396210
this is where I got mine from
http://www.southernohiogun.com/bulgarian-makarov-pistols-unissued-condition.html

price has gone up since then, now $330. the original holster and other stuff it comes with are really nice as well
>>
>>28396258

I was starting to get worried about the weight factor, so I looked up the weight for the Makarov. It's the same weight as my Glock 30 unloaded and the Glock fits 10 rounds of 45, so that's one concern gone.

>>28396305

$330 for a gun in unissued condition is a bargain from what I found as well as coming with the holster and extras. That might be the one I go for.
>>
>>28396371
Some would say that 9x18mm is anemic compared to 9 para, but it'll kill someone the same, with placement and practice. I carry an LCP in .380 most of the time and I trust it. See if you can get your hands on a surplus com bloc pistol first and see how it feels/if it works for carry for you. Or just get one to have, collect them all, 9x18 is fun to shoot in a mak
>>
>>28396500
Follow up: makarovs are the coolest bottle openers you can get, great at parties
>>
>>28396210
18lb trigger spring and 22lb recoild spring on a p64 makes it very nice. Brings the absolutely retarded 25+ pound trigger in DA down to about 13. SA trigger is good stock, and better with the new trigger spring.
>>
>>28396500

I looked the LC's. I chose not to buy one because people have complained about the trigger reset. I might just get the P64 to collect. I love my Glock, but I want something semi-auto and with a visible hammer.

>>28396543

My friend loves doing that at every party... except it's with a Colt 1911.
>>
>>28396563

That's the first thing I was going to buy for it before I even bought a holster.
>>
>>28396577
My LCP is fine, but I can't think of any really small hammer fired guns off the top of my head, the only guns I can think of for carry are striker fired hammer less pistols like kahrs.
>>
>>28396648

If I were to have to get another striker-fire, it'd probably be a Glock 19 or might try a Springfield xD 9. Might just keep the 30 (or trade it for a 19) and then get a 1911 to satisfy the hammer needs.
>>
>>28396704
You do you my friend. Carry what your comfortable with, buy whatever you like.
>>
>>28395497

Part time FFL here, got a few scuffed Bulgarian Maks I'm going to put online tomorrow well under $300.

If you're interested, lemme know.
>>
>>28396755

So many choices and not enough money in checking.
>>
>>28396763

If you got a link, I'll take it. I have to make a final decision and it'll most likely go on a credit card, so online will probably be where I snag one.
>>
>>28396763
Not OP, but i'm surely interested
>>
>>28396763
I might be.
>>
>>28395497
After about a week of working like a zombie and carrying a makarov 8 hours a day, there was a very small spot of rust on an area where the finish had worn down.

If you plan to carry it often in sweaty and humid environments, make sure there is no significant wear in the blueing. Better yet, you can cerakote or duracoat it, at which point rust resistance and of the finish is no longer a concern.

Otherwise, just be careful and lube it up every other day.
>>
>>28396772
So I thought about it since my last post, some smaller hammer fired pistols I can think of are SCCY 9mms, the Bersa thunder (I think it may be PPK inspired?) Kel-tecs (never touched a kel-tec pistol, but one killed Trayvon fine) and some others. Probably some CZ75 clones or something similar around too.
>>
File: 22-1024x649.jpg (124 KB, 1024x649) Image search: [Google]
22-1024x649.jpg
124 KB, 1024x649
>>28396772
>>28396784
>>28396794
>>28396796

Balls. Sorry guys, they've sat in the safe for awhile out of sight. They're Russian and .380. Pics very related.

Google 'Olive Branch Armory' and shoot them an email (footer). I'm going to bed but will respond tomorrow.
>>
>>28396858

>one killed Trayvon fine
That's exactly what I think of them too. I'll take a look at those too, thanks!

>>28396831

I might reconsider buying one then. I like the historical value of those old guns more than I think I'd enjoy carrying it. I'll probably pick up a P64 while they're $220 and maybe even a Mak from one of the above anons (forgot about tax return season) and store them both.
>>
P-83 (related to p-64 in terms of origin) is also very nice, cheap too. I like mine. Very durable and reliable, finish is meh but hey they are utilitarian.
>>
>>28396577
Looks into the CZs or the Canik clones. You can get a compact canik for the same price as a makarov, and it'll have an aluminum alloy frame, with a factory Cerakote finish. 15+1 capacity, and can use larger mags. Comes with a case, two mecgar mags, mag loader, cleaning kit and a 1 year warranty (won't get that with a used gun).
>>
>>28396928

Is there a huge difference between the other than the two rounds? Just a quick glance and I found one for $219 in g-vg condition.
>>
>>28396947

Definitely will look into that right now. Can't argue with a 15 rd mag.
>>
>>28396964
Feel pretty comfy packing 15+1 rounds of +P 9mm. I alternate between a canik and mak as my primary carry pieces.
>>
File: makarov-stainless02b.jpg (74 KB, 689x387) Image search: [Google]
makarov-stainless02b.jpg
74 KB, 689x387
>>28395497
You know, there are stainless Makarovs.

Pic is a stainless double-stack Makarov, but you get the point.
>>
>>28395497
Hey anon, I live in the desert and temps get insane here in the summer. I sweat a hell of a lot and I carry my east German mak daily. It can develop rust but two easy things to do that can prevent rust. If you iwb wear a tshirt under your clothes or a tank top. This puts a barrier between the metal and your skin. Second is oil the outside of the slide very lightly every week.

I've carried mine for five years and its held up great.
>>
>>28397313
>doublestackmak
How about no
>>
>>28397313

Haven't found any in my search, but I might have to start looking for them.

>>28397380

That's good to know. I don't usually wear undershirts, so if oiling it every week is enough, that wouldn't be too bad at all.
>>
>>28397437
I just use basic 3in1 oil on a paper towel or rag, coat the slide and let it sit every Sunday night. The undershirt works great to keep sweat down.
>>
>>28395622
I'm picking up one of those friday
>>
Makarov is a model of gun, unless you're referring to caliber.

CZ 82 has some sort of matte black polymer coating. I see a lot of examples floating around that are cerakoated, too. They're always around $400 though, so unless you just really like the ergonomics, there are way better options.

P64 is a fine gun, and they're usually cheaper and really common. $180-250, and they'll always fire. If you find a nice one with flawless finish, it'll be maybe $350. It's some really fine blueing, and I wouldn't carry one that nice.

Real makarovs are harder to find. Bulgies can go for $350+, East Germans for $450 starting, and they get snatched up. I would carry these over a p64, just for the extra mag capacity without being much larger.

The p64 isn't an exceptional carry gun, other than being the cheapest reliable choice imo. The cz is a big fucker, and usually has a shit finish, so it's worth it if you feel comfortable and the fun is less than $300.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.