[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If all hell were to break lose and your country was getting invaded,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: m28sniper.jpg (15 KB, 700x175) Image search: [Google]
m28sniper.jpg
15 KB, 700x175
If all hell were to break lose and your country was getting invaded, what long range rifle would you use to defend it?

I currently have a remington 700 as of now but am considering other rifles.
>>
10/22
>>
>>28392713
AR-15/AK-47
Most common ammunition available.
Pistol matters more. You can hide them and they won't make you a target.
>>
loose*
>>
>>28392713

Finns seemed to use a lot better scopes than the Soviets. Never seen a scoped Finn rifle before desu
>>
>>28392731
I have to wonder if it's a Bubba job.
>>
>>28392725
because youll be looting bodies of an invading army after missing all your shits with your shit ass ak. there's a reason designated marksmen and snipers are chosen from the best soldiers. because those roles are more important and effective.
>>
I wouldn't.

Felon.
>>
>>28392758
I heard about the ak being powerful but inaccurate.

I've also heard of AR being unreliable as it jams and sucks under certain weather conditions.
>>
My converted full auto ar
>>
>>28392758
>>28392914
M E M E S
E
M
E
S
>>
>>28392914
>I heard about the ak being powerful but inaccurate.

AK guy here. I used to think the same thing. When it comes to being able to reach past 200yds effectively, it really depends on the rifle. The stars must align properly when the rifle was made, and you have to be a decently skilled shooter.

5.45x39mm can do it easier than 7.62x39 for sure. I did not buy my AK because it can reach a long distance. Performance-wise, I bought it because what it does inside of 200yds, it does fucking great.
>>
>>28393050
Ah ok, understood.

What about sniper rifles? It seems not a lot of people here have any interest in them.
>>
>>28393331
>It seems not a lot of people here have any interest in them.

Dunno, anon. I personally don't care much for guns that aren't mil-style, so it could be that quite a few /k/ommandoes are like me. Your average hunter bolt-action might get you some tasty meats, but aside from that I think they're boring.

These threads pop up quite a bit, although they don't seem to be as heavily trafficked as the AK and AR generals.
>>28362128
>>
What caliber is your 700 in?
I have one from 1968 in 7mm Mag
>>
>>28393529

>>
"what long range rifle"
realistically any simi auto .308. Here in the US a AR10.

But really if my country was getting invaded I would I would not be using a long rang rifle. I would just be using a AK/AR-15.
>>
>>28392713
It's all fun and games until they airstrike your position.
>>
>>28392713
>>28395304

>this desu
if theres one thing I noticed in iraq, and a lot of Haj seemed to already know, its that you wouldn't want to be a sniper against a halfway competent military with cas or maybe even worse a CROW system.
>>
>>28395304
>>28395472

Thank you so much for this. It's just that I've looked up Finnish sniper simo haya and was inspired by him. But this info you put out says a lot. I guess I better get practicing with an assault rifle as well.
>>
>>28392713
Is an icbm considered a long rifle?
>>
>>28392713
>what long range rifle would you use to defend it?
improvised explosive devices. i dont plan to kill many people while i am within range of their rifle in that situation.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.