[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not very well versed in US law, and i was reading through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 1024x768
I'm not very well versed in US law, and i was reading through some gun grabber's shit, and they proposed a ban on ammo instead of a ban on guns.
Now, the 2nd amendment specifically protects the right to bear arms, but what protects the right to ammo?
Could they possibly pass such restrictions?
If so, what can we do to stop it?
>>
>>28390225

The right to bear arms means all parts of said arms. Ammo included.
>>
>>28390225

DC vs Heller has already largely addressed this. Long story short, the 2nd amendment guarantees your right to a firearm and at least one type of ammunition required to operate it for self defense.
>>
>>28390225
the bear part, hard to bring arms to bear without ammo.
>>
>>28390257
Right, but then if liberals wanted to ban any type of ammo but rubber bullets, can they do that?
>>
>>28390272
Nope. Lethal force all the way, otherwise they could mandate you had to use a stun gun.
>>
>>28390272
Likely not but it really depends on the atmosphere when they attempt. There are plenty of eras in US history of Constitutionial rights being violated
>>
Shall not be infringed

Banning ammo or making it unavailable through tax or whatever is infringement.
>>
>>28390225
The second amendment protects absolutely nothing at all. If the libkeks can get the votes then 'arms' will mean foam batons.
>>
File: norchinko.jpg (138 KB, 1253x835) Image search: [Google]
norchinko.jpg
138 KB, 1253x835
>>28390225

>mfw ammo bans
>>
7n6 was banned, they tryed to ban 556 ball, it's all a backdoor ban. All ammo should be good to go. I hate the ATF
>>
File: magnet.jpg (102 KB, 1095x568) Image search: [Google]
magnet.jpg
102 KB, 1095x568
>>28392415

agreed
>>
>>28390225
>Could they possibly pass such restrictions?

In theory, but popular support doesn't exist.

>If so, what can we do to stop it?

Appeal to the Supremes, who would strike it down unless a bunch vacate and HillDawg gets to appoint their replacements.
>>
>>28392428
Diana Ross won't take my phone calls anymore
>>
>>28392415
>7.62x39 steel core banned because people make AK pistols. lel, Armour piercing handgun ammo
Ha ha! who cares about dem commie shits?

>7n6 banned because of a prototype Pistol that went to SHOT show. lel, Armour piercing handgun ammo
Ha ha! who cares about dem commie shits?

>5.56 green tipped nearly banned for same reasons as above
GETDAFAKAWAY FROM MAH AR BOOLITS YOU COMMIE NAZI FUCKS.

And who can forget the guy that got death threats for joking about making a pistol in x54r?
>>
>>28392194

Hnnnnggg
>>
>>28390257
you can have a musket, single-barrel, single-shot, max calibre is .15, min barrel length is 36", all weapons must be neon-pink for safety, registered with your local & state police as well as have liability insurance. No tactical accessories such as scopes, torches, laser, nightvison, bayonets or slings. oh and an environmental tax on all ammo propellant.
Now go forth and bear your arms with pride...
>>
Doesn't say it has to be a capitalistic source of ammo though.

They could, theoretically, socialize ammo and simply provide gun owners ammo at taxpayer expense, and any non-issued style ammo could be banned or taxed to high hell. "Regular" is free, armor piercing is 20 bucks a bullet.

Not gunna happen, but interesting to think about.
>>
>>28393578
this is the dumbest fucking post of 2016 and we barely started.
>>
>>28392194
>norinco
time traveler pls go
>>
>>28392194
I'm new to guns. This is a banned ammo? Is it russian? Nugget food?
>>
>>28393652
7.62 CHINKARINCO
CAN'T BE IMPORTED INTO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN ANYMORE SONNY
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.