[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else think the 7.62x35(300 blackout) is a fag hipster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 4BoreBullet.jpg (35 KB, 460x377) Image search: [Google]
4BoreBullet.jpg
35 KB, 460x377
Anybody else think the 7.62x35(300 blackout) is a fag hipster overpriced round? inb4 anyone
>>
>>28381333
I think anyone who uses inferior third world metric nomenclature to refer to any round other than slavshit is a hipster faggot

.300 blk is optimized for short barrels, and those who are anal retentive about performance enough to use it probably reload anyway, mostly negating the cost
>>
>>28381425
implying the metric system isnt superior to imperial system. Well if you dont reload, want to suppress, or use an sbr it doesnt make a sense and theyre are cheaper and better options for those applications as well and other subsonic cartridges out there like 308 subsonic which is superior in every way compared to the 300 blk
>>
>>28381333
It fills a niche, and well.
>>
>>28381631
The 1:10 twist rate for .308 means you need to use lighter bullets when subsonic, therefore less energy goes downrange

If not suppressed (and therefore don't care about subs), .308 is better though
>>
It's basically a wildcat that caught on. Most other non-5.56 or pistol caliber offerings in ARs are either dead, proprietary as fuck, stupid expensive or all three.

6.5 grendal? Better buy a time machine to 2003 first.

6.8 SPC? Ammo makers include remshit and... That's it. But you can buy a mini-30 in it... Oh wait no. Buy you can reload common .277 cal projectiles... Oh wait no since the common ones are all waaaay too heavy for it and jsp. Oh but you can use 5.56 mags... Oh wait no, you need virtually identical ones but not quite that cost twice as much.

50 beowulf? Hahahahaha. They save you money by allowing a 7.62x39 bolt group, but ream you on the barrels that pretty much only they make, and the ammo pretty much only they make... And it sucks.
>>
>>28381914
You're trying to hard to sound like you have anything substantial to say

>>28382864
At least 6.5 has Wolf and PPU aboard. Now they need a few more non-AR rifles.
>>
No.

Its price has dropped. The round is easy to make. And it is good for taking deer.

I look at it as a modern .30-30.

Great in a short bush gun for medium game.
>>
>>28385599
>At least 6.5 has Wolf and PPU aboard. Now they need a few more non-AR rifles.

Considering it is a PPC based case that is right in line with 7.62x39 it is not surprising.

Sadly most of 6.5 Grendel's stigma is because it became popular as 264LBC where people were just opening up 5.56 bolt faces to accept the rim as opposed to going to the more expensive Colt x39 designed bolt head which Alexander Arms adopted but then charged through the nose for and refused to licence "6.5 Grendel" to anyone.

I do agree I would like to see more native 7.62x39 rifles chambered for it though.
>>
>>28382864
50 beowulf doesn't really fit into that category because nobody ever intended for that to be more than a fuckheug boolit inside of an AR, simply because it can be done.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 877x912) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 877x912
>>28385729
It had never been done befo
>>
>>28385680
While I don't blame Bill for holding onto the rights until he got it standardized you're definitely right a out the bolts even though nearly every 6.5 bolt is stronger steel now. It'll take a while to shake that and the OAL limit isn't much of an issue either due ti twist rates. The only other standardized wildcat I can see going anywhere is .25-45 sharps since it actually have valid use as well as being as simple as .300blk.

7.62x40 is likely going to be a reloaded cartridge for eternity
>>
>>28382864
But .50 Beowulf wasn't ever intended as anything other than a gimmick.
>Hey buddy, do you want to buy an expensive black rifle in a proprietary chambering that will let you shoot through an engine block while simultaneously dislocating your shoulder and tripling your ammo cost?
>Why would I do that?
>So you can brag about having a .50 AR
>Shut up and take my money

I mean, considering that an AR in .50 Beowulf is ballistically pretty much an AR in .45-70 I'd say that it's going to be around for a good long while as a niche sporting cartridge but past that I doubt it'll get much traction.
>>
>>28386883
A lot of the big bore community has bought into or moved completely over to 458 SOCOM over 50 Beowulf. Better bullet selection for the case volume, and it is easier to crimp since it has a shoulder to headspace off of instead of having to use the case mouth.
>>
>>28382864
>oh wait I talk outta my ass
you're a weird dude
>>
>>28381425
>inferior

Stay mad and enjoy measuring in furlongs per fortnight. Meanwhile I'll be here enjoying the gloriously standard and simple metric system.
>>
>>28381425
>Guys guys lets use a system of measurement where our smallest unit is the length of OP's dick
>everything smaller is just a fraction
>and...and then we put twelve of those into a larger unit of measurement.
>an an three of those into an even bigger one
>and we measure force in some distance-weight hybrid

>guys theres a system right here that uses multiples of 10 for everything. It has standard prefixes that apply to multiples and fractions of the base unit of measurement, and its applicable to all of them.

>fuck of with your third word yuropoor bullshit commie

I understand how empathy feels now.

And I've changed my mind about euthanising the retarded.
>>
>>28388006
Says the guys who measure weight with the same unit as force
>>
Imperial is how we do things, and it makes sense to those who grew up with it.

Do you question why there are 60 seconds in a minute? Why not 100? Why 24 hours in a day? Why not 10? Why do months have differing numbers of days?

It's all arbitrary and nobody questions it because that's just how it is.
>>
>>28388067
Weight is a measure of force you autist. Dont confuse it with mass
>>
>>28388155
An autist would know the difference. He's just retarded.
>>
>>28381333

This is your daily reminder that .300 Jewout is almost ballistically indistinguishable from 7.62x39 and unless you're using subsonic loads and a suppressor, a total waste of money and time.
>>
File: 458SOCOM.jpg (26 KB, 377x471) Image search: [Google]
458SOCOM.jpg
26 KB, 377x471
>>
I think it's fucking retarded. Just load subsonic 7.62x39 and use a non meme tier gun that doesn't shit where it eats
>>
>>28388098
That's different and based on cycles of the sun, etc.
And we don't use imperial, we use standard. They have the same units with different values.
Also nobody understands standard, even those of us who grew up with it. Before you argue with me, remind yourself you don't know how many teaspoons go in a cup without Google
>>
>>28388593
>espouses not using memes
>proceeds to use a shitload of memes
Or how about you just not give a shit about other people like?
>>
>.50 Beowulf
>.458 SOCO

WHY? .45-70 has been around like 150 years and performs the same if not better, right?
>>
Yall nignogs hating on this round are forgetting or don't understand that its main purpose was to swapped back and forth in an m4/ar15 without replacing too much shit
>>
>>28388709
Some people want as many rounds as they can in semi-auto in the same basic platform.
>>
File: 45raptor.jpg (29 KB, 620x359) Image search: [Google]
45raptor.jpg
29 KB, 620x359
>>28388709
They both fit in standard M16 magazines and can be fed and fired semi or fully automatically from existing weapons not originally designed for them with minimal modification (bolt head and barrel).

Thats all it is, assuming you have a strong enough action for it, 45-70 still has greater case capacity and is usually loaded stouter.

A better alternative is stepping up to the large frame 308AR platform and using 45 Raptor which in comparison to 458 SOCOM will drive 300gr pills an extra ~300fps faster which is worth another ~800lb/ft of muzzle energy. All of that closely matches 45-70 maximum pressure loads.
>>
>>28381333
It's a reloader's round
>>
>>28388760
>>28388791

Good points both.
>>
>>28381333
> can use one rifle to feed another
> glorious .308
> muh AK power
> muh AR accuracy
> rifles share all parts, except barrel
> overpriced
> reloading is a fag hipster hobby

these grapes are delicious
>>
Is there any situation in which its actually inferior to 5.56 beyond speculative social collapse scenarios where ammo is scarce. The only criticism I ever really see is that its more expensive than 5.56.
>>
>>28388067
Mass is measured in Slugs in the imperial system
>>
>>28381333
Well Kalashnikov wanted to use an updated 30 cal round instead of 5.45. What do you think he would think of 300blk?
>>
>>28388921
It drops like a rock, but does a bit better vs. wind. If you know your holdovers, it does everything better than <68gr 5.56. Once you get into 69gr TMKs and better 5.56 gains the lead again.
>>
>>28388921
Another complaint people have is that with 16" barrels for both, some 5.56 loadings will still have higher muzzle energy than supersonic 300BLK.

If you stop your line of thought right there then it seems 300blk supersonic is silly, but if you continue on to look at terminal effectiveness at range 300blk wins out.

If we take something like a 77gr SMK in 5.56 it drops below frag velocity at ~225y so beyond that we lose our major energy transfer agent. In comparison, a 110gr TTSX for 300blk will be within its expansion threshold out to 450y.

To keep near that kind of performance in a 16" 5.56 we need to drop down to something like a 64gr Speer which will expand out to ~300y but is starting with 300ft/lbs less muzzle energy.
>>
>>28386883
>dislocating your shoulder
Anon if you think any .50 Beowulf or the majority if .45-70 loads will do you may want to work on your form or hit the gym.

>>28388286
So you're going to ignore the wide selection of projectiles available for .300 in both super and subsonic while also stating that a person should reload 7.62x39 which is only cheap because of the mass quantities if steel case thereby dictating the pain in the ass process of reloading steel or using brass which is more expensive to begin with.
>>
>>28388612
To be fair, he has a point on the clock. There's really nothing firm about 24 hours in a day now that we have fairly accurate measurements for everything. Our time measurements are the result of ancient time tracking and politics. Go figure.

The whole metric vs standard argument is kind of pointless in length since anything that requires extremely accurate measurement in US Standard is done with thousandths and ten-thousandths of an inch. Feet are a good estimation tool, since a foot easy to guess with a human foot. I don't see why it matters what is used to measure a cartridge. I'll just keep using inches because it's easier, and I'm on the MOA system for life.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.