[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cops and Guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1375297643697.jpg (132 KB, 696x658) Image search: [Google]
1375297643697.jpg
132 KB, 696x658
Remember that the next time someone says something akin to "Only cops should have guns, I feel safe when only they do", you should remind them that being a cop is literally just a day job and by no means implies the person is morally a better person nor more capable than a civilian who is carrying.

Detroit used to (and still has, quite honestly) have very low police numbers and would regularly try recruiting kids out of high-school with promises of easy training and stable income.
>>
or mention the stupid low requirements when someone mentions police/military firearms training.
>>
>>28379455
this
>>
>>28379455
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>28380599
Police and military proficiency testing for firearms is once a year, or longer, and can easily be done by any idiot with at least one arm and an eye.

If you aren't mentally disabled, chances are you would accidentally qualify by just going to the range and shooting like normal.
>>
whenever people bring up cops I always bring up Warren v. DC
>>
Just look at that cheeky fucking manlet and his fatso handler
>>
>>28380695
this is the right answer, at least in the usa. Unless the cop physically sees a crime in commission, as he no duty to investigate a report of one unless it suits him or there is "a pre-existing relationship" i.e. a government employee.

the story of the crime tends to make women quiet down pretty quickly too.
>>
>>28379443
Good thing Canada has a nationally trained police force with the exception of cities and provinces that have their own police force so the municipalities have better control on how the law is enforced.
>>
>>28380599
>No training costs are required as the current handgun mounted light training certification only requires watching a thirty minute department video via the internet. This training video can be watched during the course of a normal shift

>The pistol light ND not involving the grip activation involved a deputy directing traffic with his pistol light instead of his flashlight.
>>
It means they can shoot people and get away with it though
>>
>>28380750
>nationally trained police force
don't they make your laws too?

I mean, way to miss the point of parliament and elected officials and all that jazz
>>
>>28380678
My dept. qualifies quarterly, and we actually have problems having some people (women) pass the course. Don't know why, but most just can't score well enough. Of course, everything varies by department and state.
>>
>>28379443
Although the police training in Germany takes 2.5 years... whereas a hunting license or sport shooting permit usually "only" takes one.

Police personal ends up making up over half of the gun-crime involving legally held guns in Germany.

Although there are 250'000 in the police, and 1'500'000 with a private weapons permit.

So it seems that under restrictive weapons law, the police ends up being multiple times more criminal and dangerous to law abiding citizens than private gun owners.

In Germany, if you have a hunter or sport shooter and a policeman as neighbor... you'll be almost ten times more likely to run to the private gun owner for help because the policeman wants to rob you, than vice versa.

( both are fairly insignificant statistically compared to someone with a gun from illegal sources though, as guns in legal possession make up less than 5% of those used for a crime )
>>
File: helmet.jpg (50 KB, 640x335) Image search: [Google]
helmet.jpg
50 KB, 640x335
>>28383866
Should have been.. In Germany,
>you'll be almost ten times more likely to run to the private gun owner for help because the policeman wants to shoot you, than vice versa.

Have not seen numbers on the types of crime the guns were exactly used for.

And requirements for joining the police are quite high compared to the US.
>>
>>28380784
>Police are evil pigs!!!1!
>Only the police should have guns.
>>
Whats up with people thinking detroit has strict gun control? Can anyone explain this?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.