[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proper cleaning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 600x399
I just got back from the range and some guy was telling someone you have to clean your gun everyday wether you shoot it or not. That can't be true can it? Won't it mess up the gun. Should I have called him out on it because I started second guessing myself
>>
No, that's fucking retarded. You don't even have to clean your gun every time you shoot it, but I do. I think cleaning is fun.
>>
>>28378931
>That can't be true can it?
No, that's retarded.
Do you take your car through the car was every day too?
>>
>>28378931
No. But you could clean it every time you shoot it depending on the gun.

Glocks? No. 1911's? Probably.

Should you clean your gun every day? Absolutely unnecessary. You might want to clean it every couple months or so if you don't use it, just to prevent rust and gunk etc. But even that's not completely necessary.
>>
>>28378939
I enjoy cleaning my gun too. I have a little bench in my shed that I sit down at and turn on some Vivaldi or Beethoven and just go to work. Best part of my week. But does over cleaning damage the gun?
>>
>>28378931
fucking fudds.

you clean your gun every day and you'll end up breaking something from your own stupidity long before the actual cleaning does anything
>>
>>28378931
don't trust him OP,
it makes chlorine gas
>>
>>28378931
no
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
What is this and how do I get it out of my bore? My patches come out clean.
>>
>>28380393
Probably copper fouling. Let the solvent soak a bit, and if the patches come out a turquoise color then it is indeed copper fouling. Use a wire brush and scrub your barrel.
>>
>>28378931
nooooooooo

maybe Fudd-san never heard of storage oiling?
>>
>>28380406
I figured as much. I plugged the bore and filled it with hoppe's copper solvent and let it sit for a bit then drained it and ran some patches through it. Didn't come out green/turquoise like it should have
>>
>>28380468
Just use a brass brush.
>>
Unless you are shooting corrosive ammo or black powder, cleaning your guns after every range trip is excessive and unnecessary.
>>
>>28380488
I've been using nylon. Is nylon too weak? Wouldn't the copper solvent eat away at the brass?
>>
>>28380506
Yeah use brass, the material you scrub with has to be harder than the material you want to scrub off. It won't damage your barrel since that's steel
>>
>>28380530
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>28378931
clean every time you shoot it? YES!

Clean and leave a cover in and out of gun oil for long time storage? YES!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.