[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making the most of your practice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: PistolChartR1t.jpg (32 KB, 336x435) Image search: [Google]
PistolChartR1t.jpg
32 KB, 336x435
What's the most efficient way to spend your time/ammo at the pistol range?

Half my shots go low left, half my shots are dead on. I'm mostly doing this with my 1911, 45 stronk. It doesn't seem to happen with revolvers or .22 semis. I know I'm flinching/squeezing the gun right as the shot goes off, but I don't really know how to stop. It's got tons of checkering and decent grips, I know it's not actually slipping, but it still feels like it's going to jump out of my hand.

So, instead of just standing there and blasting away, hoping that the problem will fix itself, are there any exercises/strategies I can use to fix this?
>>
dry fire your shit
shoot a bunch

make sure your grip and trigger control are on point, other than that it is a mental thing that will keep your flinch minimized
>>
File: Correction Template.jpg (51 KB, 336x435) Image search: [Google]
Correction Template.jpg
51 KB, 336x435
Hijacking thread. It's now a pistol general.

Here's how I'm shooting /k/. What the hell is breaking wrist up? I'm also curious how you correct the "too little trigger", what does that mean? I do have a tendency to not follow through on my shots, that's something I know how to fix so no questions there.
>>
>>28375555
>>28375774

hold the gun tighter, grip if as hard as you can, its called the crush grip.

also let your finger rest wherever it is comfortable on the trigger, some faggots say to use the pad of your finger, that is hogwash and only correct if you have babby hands and that is where it naturally goes.
>>
>>28375774
Look at your trigger finger, focus on the last joint, divide that space into 1/3rds, us the third portion just forward the last joint. Thats perfect, the "sweet spot".

Too little trigger, your just using the tip. Too much, your too far back on your finger.
>>
>>28375907
>>28375960
Alright, I'll try that next time I go to the range. What is "breaking wrist up" though?
>>
>>28376028
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-563368.html

Google provides.
>>
>>28376056
Ah, thank you anon. Lucky me I did get some snap caps a couple weeks ago. Shouldn't be too hard to train myself out of it.
>>
>>28375555
Not the most fluid presentation, but this 50rd training session is good. You can expand on the concept (I do it with 350 rounds and more complexity):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7vD-aYInZc
>>
Looks up the "ball and dummy" drill.
>>
>>28375555
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.