[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Night Vision General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: ar.png (155 KB, 371x401) Image search: [Google]
ar.png
155 KB, 371x401
What are your opinions on NV/Thermal Imaging devices?
Recommendations?
Advice?
General Knowledge?
>>
They're fucking awesome and you should buy some. Seriously.
>>
What's a good starter set to look at?
>>
>>28373268
They're pretty cool, I can't quite justify dropping the dough on them becasue I'm not a pro hunter nor a hardcore operator but it's neat using a friends from time to time to remove bacon from his property.
>>
>>28374239
Buy once, cry once. I don't know about thermal. For NADs, (nighttime advantage devices) because it's funnier to say "here, put my sweaty nads on you face than nods, you'll only be happy with a gen 3 autogated pvs 14 or 7. You're going to spend 2500-3000 otherwise you're going to have a sad face.
>>
>>28373268
http://www.armasight.com/night-vision/night-vision-goggles/armasight-ninox-gen-1
>>
>>28374366
Good to know, thanks man
>>
A lot of people recommend getting the PVS-14 and helmet mounting it for your non-dominant eye. Anybody actually have experience with this? I feel like it would strain your eyes like a motherfucker.
>>
GPNVG-18s obviously.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/eotech-gpnvg-system-kit-le-bnvis-mount-tan.html

Don't worry, you can get them for the low, low price of $40,999.00!

>>28374984

It's how we roll in the Army, it gives you a headache after extended use.

The PVS-14 works just fine. PSQ-20s are cooler but out of the price range of pretty much everyone on /k/. GPNVG-18s are obviously ultra rich tier.
>>
>>28376357
The GP and 20 are restricted I am pretty sure.
>>
>>28376385

https://tnvc.com/shop/itt-dsnvg-anpsq-20/

>**YES! This item is AVAILABLE to CIVILIANS!**

Pretty sure GPNVG-18s are highly regulated, not that anyone here is seriously going to spend $40,000 on NVGs to gearqueer around in.
>>
File: gal-rseries-wm.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
gal-rseries-wm.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>
>>28373268
>What are your opinions on NV/Thermal Imaging devices?
they are awesome
>Recommendations?
FLIR
>Advice?
you get what you pay for, cheap thermal looks like shit
>>
File: Cheap NV for poorfags.jpg (56 KB, 800x635) Image search: [Google]
Cheap NV for poorfags.jpg
56 KB, 800x635
>>28374239
>>
>>28377227
Those multi-LED things a poop compared to a good single LED. A Cree IR LED would be really nice, maybe slap flashlight on that so that you can have a good reflector and focusable lens. You could either mod a headset like that (so that you already have the camera and display and head mount) or you could completely DIY it with parts from a camcorder

Pic related, DIY'd from a camcorder. There are tons of similar projects online.

Another one by the same guy, but this one is for long range. It has a rifle sight for the camera and focusable IR laser to provide a very clean scatter-free IR light to long ranges.
http://www.lucidscience.com/pro-laser%20night%20vision-1.aspx

Of course this stuff pales in comparison to light amplification IR, and you'll light like a fucking christmas tree to those while shining your IR LEDs all over the place, but it's very cheap and easy and does work as long as the enemy isn't using IR
>>
>>28377426
VR head gear makes a good housing for home made NV. Im trying to build one myself.
>>
>>28373268
my own eyes
>>
>>28373268
Someone needs to do an NVG 101, like in the Gearfag threads. Proper selection, use, tips and tricks for common issues.
>>
>>28380062
http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/forums/5512-night-vision-devices
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.