[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /k/'s opinion about this thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11
File: NETI.jpg (4 KB, 358x141) Image search: [Google]
NETI.jpg
4 KB, 358x141
What is /k/'s opinion about this thing?
>>
>>28371664
It hurts.
>>
>>28371664
A hit to the outer thigh or tricep will drop someone.
>>
>>28371664
I miss the PR-24s
>>
>>28371687
How would hitting someone on the tricep drop them?
>>
>>28371737
Kek
>>
>>28371664

It's an assault weapon in my state and I would be in better legal standing if I shot someone to death rather than giving a nasty bruise with one of these.

They're effective though.
>>
>>28371737
>>28371760
16 years of carrying one everyday on my duty belt, I've learned a thing or two. There a really large never that run up the back of your arm, and it hit to it will drop someone in pain and take all the fight out of them. Maybe you "kek" juvenile fucks should take a MEB course or two and you'd learn something, or I'd be more than happy to give you a half power strike from my 21" asp and see how you accept the pain.

https://safariland.csod.com/catalog/CustomPage.aspx?id=20000393
>>
File: LAPD We Treat you Like a King.jpg (67 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
LAPD We Treat you Like a King.jpg
67 KB, 620x387
>>28371707
Thank You LAPD.
>>
>>28371935
new copypasta?
>>
>>28371935

>Advertising a youtube channel by namefagging

Why
>>
>>28372212
Is it your first day here son?
>>
>>28372313
is it yours? he said 'new'
>>
>>28371664
you're better off with an oneros or a blackjack depending on what you're up to.
>>
File: pan_put.jpg (157 KB, 1870x740) Image search: [Google]
pan_put.jpg
157 KB, 1870x740
>>28371664

I have a couple, they work fine for hitting things. Pointless if you aren't LE or security.

7.62x39 mag and round for scale
>>
File: 1405641783009.jpg (48 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1405641783009.jpg
48 KB, 500x375
>>28371664
Depends where you live.

In Finland many guards and the police have these.

Problem is that these can cause permanent injury because of the steel ball used to deliver the force.

Hence a real baton or blackjack is safer for you to use, since its harder to cause permanent injury by accident.

But as I said, it depends where you live. If you live in a place where causing permanent injuries is np in the eyes of the law, sure why not.

(because of that, guards using the retractable baton are taking a risky gambit, police are fine since they can do pretty much what the fuck they want anyhow regardless of country it seems.)
>>
>>28372881
>Problem is that these can cause permanent injury because of the steel ball used to deliver the force.

No, it's the other way around. The force is spread on a smaller area, hence the effectiveness is increased; with an ordinary baton you're more likely to have to hit a second time, increasing the change of long-lasting physical damage.
>>
File: mines bigger.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
mines bigger.webm
3 MB, 854x480
Unforgiving to use. It requires a certain technique to land the heavy tip properly to do any damage. In the eyes of the law, it is not a legitimate self-defense weapon. Shit self defense weapon for the average joe.

It sucks, but you either have to have a legitimate reason to use lethal force or you don't get to use any force at all. Unless you want to be fucked in court for excessive force and ill intent to cause bodily harm.
>>
>>28371664
They can easily fuck people up if you know how to use them.
>>
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
>>
>>28372924
>No, it's the other way around. The force is spread on a smaller area

Let me be more precise:

If you miss your hit, and hit a head, knee, elbow, wrist, fingers... you get the idea..

You are fucked with that steel ball delivering enough force to seriously injure a person and get you in to trouble.

Naturally if its for self-defence who gives a shit, rather be alive and prosecuted.. but if you are using it as an everyday tool in work etc...
>>
File: whyyyyyy.gif (3 MB, 320x218) Image search: [Google]
whyyyyyy.gif
3 MB, 320x218
>>28372967

Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy!!!
>>
>>28371664
Fun as fuck knocking bums in the kneecaps, 10/10 entertainment.
>>
>>28372982
>If you miss your hit, and hit a head, knee, elbow, wrist, fingers... you get the idea..

Happens with all batons.

>You are fucked with that steel ball delivering enough force to seriously injure a person and get you in to trouble.

Not any more force than your vinyl baton, it's just spread on a smaller area. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
>>
File: 1403236009310.gif (689 KB, 266x199) Image search: [Google]
1403236009310.gif
689 KB, 266x199
>>28373001
>Happens with all batons.
Yes you can miss with everything, thats not the point..

>Not any more force than your vinyl baton, it's just spread on a smaller area.
A. There is much more force between the mass of the somewhat heavy steel ball
B. The material is completely unforgiving, vinyl is "somewhat" elastic

>Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

I love your implying, giving absolutely no evidence other than "no no I think not", I went through MP in the military and worked as a security guard so yes, I know something about batons.

There are others here trying to tell you the same thing, like >>28372945

Do you think all of them are wrong too?
>>
>>28372983

SRSLY guize? not even a small kekle?

Fuck off, I'm bloody brilliant
>>
>>28373058
>A. There is much more force between the mass of the somewhat heavy steel ball

Nigger, there isn't any more mass compared to a vinyl baton.

>B. The material is completely unforgiving, vinyl is "somewhat" elastic

The operative word being "somewhat". They're going to deliver effectively an equal amount of forge into the target, and the vinyl is a lot easier to swing. You do know that there are expandable batons that only have a metal tip with the rest of the shaft made up of spring? They all deliver the force into the target. If the force ends up in a wrong location, it's gonna fuck things up.

>I love your implying, giving absolutely no evidence other than "no no I think not",

I'm not implying anything, I'm seriously asking because it's becoming evident that you don't have a clue of what you're talking aobut. The metal ball is only there to properly balance the thing since it's otherwise bottom- heavy making it very hard to swing.

>I went through MP in the military and worked as a security guard so yes, I know something about batons.

"Something" being not very much in this case. And yeah, I worked as a security guard too, and I have very little respect for dogs.
>>
File: 1432159657860.jpg (29 KB, 500x746) Image search: [Google]
1432159657860.jpg
29 KB, 500x746
>>28373195
>Nigger, there isn't any more mass compared to a vinyl baton.
The mass is concentrated at the tip of the swing, to increase power. Why its a bad thing, you will read soon:

>The operative word being "somewhat"...
>it's becoming evident that you don't have a clue of what you're talking aobut.
>"Something" being not very much in this case.

Ok, let me teach you something you should aready know.

If you want to kill or permanently injure, you want high impact peak pressure.

If you want to paralyze or lock muscles you want high impact force.

PVC batons have high impact force and lower impact peak pressure than expendable batons of same relative size/use.

Search for books like Behind the Shield: Anti-Riot Operations Guide, and educate yourself, and stop embarassing yourself online.
>>
File: feelsgood (1).jpg (20 KB, 329x357) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood (1).jpg
20 KB, 329x357
>>28371664

In the butt
>>
>>28373437
>The mass is concentrated at the tip of the swing, to increase power.

It's not. I wrote earlier that the tip is there just to balance the thing. The baton gets thinner to the end, so there needs to be some weight there to balance it. Bonowi batons don't even have a ball tip, and they're one of the best expandable batons you can buy.

>If you want to kill or permanently injure, you want high impact peak pressure.

>If you want to paralyze or lock muscles you want high impact force.

>PVC batons have high impact force and lower impact peak pressure than expendable batons of same relative size/use.

High impact peak pressure overloads the nervous systems in muscles, effectively locking up whole limbs, an effect which is hard to get with a traditional, more elastic baton. You have it backwards, dear.
>>
File: Lou.gif (22 KB, 272x437) Image search: [Google]
Lou.gif
22 KB, 272x437
Bart: "cool can I see your club?"

Lou: "it's not a club, it's a baton."

Bart: "what do you use it for?"

Lou: "we club people with it."
>>
>>28371737
in boot camp our DI's loved "moving" us around by dragging us by our tricep, it was insanely painful and that was just by grabbing it hard, so I would imagine getting hit by a police baton would hurt a lot worse.
>>
Where do you get these? I looked on Amazon and they don't sell them. I hike a lot and am tired of getting attacked by dogs.
>>
>>28372313
who is this pussy this is even cringier then my trip. And i doubt that shit will do anything I got beat with a rebar and i was still able to throw back.
>>
>>28371664

I carry one for security work. Does its job well.
>>
>>28371664
It's great for beating the shit out of rowdy drunkards. Usually a couple of swing and they suddenly stop being belligerent.
>>
>>28371664
Do you whip foes with the whippy part?
>>
>>28372313
I'm not the faggot with a youtube channel as my name.
>>
>>28373138
I initially kekked, then saw your self reply and cringed.
>>
>>28374037
No, its for playing with cats
>>
>>28373784
Amazon.
>>
>>28372212
Dammit you beat me to it
>>
>>28371687

Checked out your youtube channel.....I won't bad mouth it, I won't praise it either.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.