[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Defcon 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: JmCBw.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
JmCBw.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
>US navy decimated in the pacific
>Nothing left to stop the Chinese navy
>As president you have to choose between sending troops on the east coast and fortify major cities or Destroying the Chinese fleet with nuclear weapons

What do you do?
>>
>China attacking its best customer
I don't think so.
>>
>>28369447
By the time Chiba is ready to attack, they will have drones and robots to do the fighting for them.
>>
Destroying a US carrier is on par with a nuclear strike, so I turn Beijing into Kung Pao glass
>>
>>28369447
Call NATO allies and launch nukes at any viable target in Russia and China. Big risk but possibly leave the USA as the undisputed champion.
>>
>>28369447
>pls stahp you are violating US waters
>pls remove your ships
>we do not wish this

Is this Obama simulator 2015?
>>
>>28369515
Ye?
>>
Do nothing and laugh when they run out of fuel and their economy tanks.
>>
>>28369447
Destroy the fleet with nukes. Then destroy everything else in China with nukes. Call Putin before that and tell him he can have all the clay so you don't have to clean up.
>>
>>28369447

And so begins The Great War because war, war, never changes.
>>
>>28369447
>things that couldn't happen
>>
>defcon

A..a...anyoneone what to play?
>>
>>28369447
>>US navy decimated in the pacific
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>28369447
>implying I wouldn't recruit some chinese dissidents and suicide arm them with biological weapons that are easily cured but initially devasting
>>
>Bots in DEFCON can't even stop the worst planned battlegroups in the game
por-tip OP- there's never a good reason to put 5 carriers in the same group. Mix em up so your carriers and battleships can cover each other, and use your subs to either sneak or help your carriers in ASW
>>
>>28369591
yes
>>
We nuke the Seattle beachhead.
>>
>Not playing HOMEFRONT as a sim incase this happens.
>>
>>28369447
>>US navy decimated in the pacific

Pinch myself and wake up, one of those fucking indigestion dreams
>>
>>28370099
it's not even decimated, OP is on diplomacy mode
>>
>>28369447
I send out fighters as the carriers can only launch fighters or bombers, not both at the same time and I'd destroy their forces easily as battleships don't do shit to fighters.

Have you never played DEFCON?

>getting that close to a player before launching with carrier aircraft

Seriously, get out of here scrublet.
>>
File: 1436331621419.png (710 KB, 576x864) Image search: [Google]
1436331621419.png
710 KB, 576x864
>>28370170
>not getting close so your ships can provide a fighter screen
>not sending your bombers back to a South Pacific rendezvous point so they can attack in a wave overwhelming coastal defenses
>not launching a nuke early so the AI focuses on shooting that down for 30 seconds while your planes get in range of their early warning radar and silos you scouted out with carrier fighters
>>
>>28369447
So what the USAF just sits back and does nothing about the Chinese invasion forces ?

Pretty sure bombers and strike fighters of the USAF could destroy any naval invasion force.

Also wtf , why can't we use daisy cutters and other high explosives that are non-nuclear ?
Heaps of really good anti-ship missiles in the arsenal.
>>
>>28369447
Decimate means to kill one in ten by the way , so the US Navy still has 90% fleet capacity.
>>
>>28370289
this
So, what, one current carrier battle group was the casualty in the pacific?
While that's pretty shitty and would maybe justify the launching of nukes against the offending actor, I think conventional ballistic missile strikes from scrambling all remaining vessels would fuck all of China's blue water navy capabilities for about ten years.
>>
File: Liberty Prime Wonderful.jpg (227 KB, 650x1133) Image search: [Google]
Liberty Prime Wonderful.jpg
227 KB, 650x1133
>>28369447

>activate it
>>
"large percentage" 10% now?

I mean if a chick cuts off 10% of a Guys dick and the Guys packin a 12" hammer 1.2" is quite a lot of cock to lose for a Guy like me w/ 3" fully erect. But if I give him 10% of mine I can still piss and give girls the widest part of the mushroom.
>>
File: butthead.jpg (63 KB, 901x677) Image search: [Google]
butthead.jpg
63 KB, 901x677
>>28370453

That is a screwed up metaphor.
>>
>>28370453
But decimate has definite historical roots, where exactly 10% of an army was killed.
>>
>>28369447
Who cares? The other 9/10 of the US Navy in the Pacific would still be able to destroy the entire Chinese Navy.
>>
>>28369447
>USN devastated in the pacific
Literally how?

>Nothing left to stop the Chinese navy
Except for their lack of force projection and logistical capability to operate on the other side of the pacific ocean, let alone do so and launch and invasion of the US mainland.
>>
>>28369447
Muh scenario stands the thread.
>>
>>28370561
past participle of decimāre to punish every tenth man chosen by lot, verbal derivative of decimus tenth, derivative of decem ten
>>
JOSHUA IS MAKING IT ALL UP, IT'S JUST A SIMULATION
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.