[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could USA survive another Vietnam? Afghanistan broke USSRs'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: vietnam-war-protest.jpg (58 KB, 475x362) Image search: [Google]
vietnam-war-protest.jpg
58 KB, 475x362
Could USA survive another Vietnam? Afghanistan broke USSRs' back and USA was a complete political, military and economical mess after the Asian debacle.

How resistant are USA when it comes to a real war? (durka bombing, defeating glass militaries of Middle East and defeating a small island country able to build a few carriers does not count)
>>
If it was a "real war" as you put it then there'd be plenty of popular support in the USA as it would be a threat to average American life.
>>
>>28366474
if you could get the smelly hippies to shut up then we could survive and even win another vietnam style war
>>
Vietnam was not a real war. WWII was our last real war. However, a Syrian War would have much more popular support than the Vietnam war did.
>>
Vietnam for us was trashcanistan and iraq. same bitching, but worse, because of the internet.
>>
>>28366474
The Problem with vietnam or Afganistan was the use of drafted conscripts in a war that couldn't be justified as a war of defense. No-one (except hardcore pacifists) are against using conscripts in a defensive setting on ones own hometurf but offensive is a whole other jar of pickles.
>>
>>28366521
um..... America doesnt use conscripts anymore and we havent since Vietnam....
>>
>>28366646
At what death toll should conscription start? 20.000? 50.000?
>>
>>28366474
when was the last time you read a newspaper?
>>
>>28366748
Who the fuck reads newspapers anymore?
>>
Not since the civil war had Americans had to deal with war damage to their own soil.

I don't know, I think it might have given us a somewhat detached view of war.

Americans go to war not fearing that their sisters home is going to blow up or something.

Now some of us are freaking out over random Muslims because of a few bombings, the war on terror has been very little damage to us. I don't think we would handle news like 'firebombing of little rock Arkansas, thousands dead' very well, it would physiologically damage us, maybe send us into some sort of spiral.

Not to mention our fragile interconnected global economy won't handle a serious war very well.
>>
>>28366948
Good points on national psychology, bad on economy. USA is economically 90% self sufficient.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.