[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ruger American Pistol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4
File: 8605.jpg (38 KB, 475x337) Image search: [Google]
8605.jpg
38 KB, 475x337
Thoughts /k/?
>>
Looks like another ugly plastic pistol that does nothing special, just trying to take some glock money.
>>
>>28364463
Why when the SR-Series already exists though
>>
>>28364463

I herd its made in murrica
>>
>>28364513
Ruger brand glocks tho.

Either way I am still kind of interested.
>>
>>28364463

ugly as sin, large and unconcealable in my active life
>>
>>28364528
No safety trash and built for mil in mind.
>>
>>28364513
Face it faggot some of us don't like lugging around a steel frame all day

I'm ok personally, I CCd a full size 1911 for awhile, but it's a big market and Ruger would be retarded not to try and get part of it
>>
>>28364463
Could be interesting, kind of want. Probably won't get for quite a while though.
>>
>>28364463
OP here
I kind of want one but I would like to see Ruger make a smaller version for the concealed carry market.
>>
>>28364627

>ie: Hard to conceal in my TNF yoga pants that make me look active and outdoorsy.
>>
File: 1443050567834.jpg (22 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1443050567834.jpg
22 KB, 413x395
>>28364463
Nigga that grip looks like a game of asteroids.
>>
>>28364640
>no safety
>built for mil in mind
What.

Also, these things reportedly have light triggers. Fuck carrying one with no kind of safety mechanism.
>>
>>28365295
>Fuck carrying one with no kind of safety mechanism.

Oh boy. Can't wait for the responses.
>>
>>28365305
No one would ever advocate carrying a 1911 in condition one with the thumb safety disengaged, or a revolver with the hammer cocked...why the fuck are striker pistols with no safeties and light triggers pushed by god damn EVERYONE these days? It's fucking ridiculous.
>>
File: 346111734.jpg (348 KB, 1915x1016) Image search: [Google]
346111734.jpg
348 KB, 1915x1016
>>28364463
>Name a handgun after budget rifle series.
>Push marketing to the limit by calling you out.

Bravo Ruger, fucking bravo.
>>
>>28364463
>tfw live i cali and want an ruger e9
I'm okay with SR9...

Fucking hell. Why can't California have sensible gun laws, its pretty retarded. No guns faglords shouldn't make laws.
>>
>>28365389
>>28365389
Condition one is hammer down, safety on, round in the chamber. If the safety isn't on then it's condition zero. There's also a big difference between a cocked revolver or sa trigger and a striker fired partially cocked trigger.
>>
>>28365389

Yeah i agree.

Im glad i got a m&p shield with the safety, because after my trigger job that shit is LIGHT
>>
Ugly motherfucker, though if that's a Sig-style rotating takedown lever, that's a thumbs up from me - much prefer that system to pulling a slide stop pin or pinching down the lever on a Glock
>>
>>28365421
You know I have no idea why a 10 round capacity handgun is suddenly not sellable. Maybe it's just Ruger cutting the rope.
>>
LOL at these 'tards thinking guns need Manual Safeties...

Newsflash Faggots, no amount of Safeties will save you from poor gun handling.

I've seen people ND into themselves with:

XD-S (grip safety, trigger safety)
Glocks (trigger safety)
M&P (with thumb safety)
1911s (thumb safety, grip safety)
CZ75 (thumb safety)

And guess, what I see more people shoot themselves with 1911s than any other type, including Glocks.

Herpa Derpa, keep you booger picker off the trigger until you are ready to shoot

And yes, the CZ guy was trying to decock his 75 by pulling the trigger (the only way on a B model) he somehow got a thumb infront of the bore and...
>>
>>28365483
I've seen random faggotry, and I've seen reholstering trigger snag NDs. I'm so terrified of putting a round into my leg or my wiener, reholstering is done with utmost care.
Considering the reholstering is done when there's no more threats, I don't understand those real hard slam holstering people.
>>
>>28365483

But back to the subject of the OP, this looks like a solid effort from Ruger, but I don't see it dethroning or seriously challenging Glock.

It will be serviceable gun for a decent price, but make no real inroads into the market not standing out at all... like a FNS.

>>28365504

Never understood it either, take your time, and scan for threats reholstering.

Also buy a holster worth a shit that doesn't collapse when you draw your weapon.
>>
>>28364463
Another practical boring gun from Ruger. I miss the P series, to be honest.

>>28365523
It'll probably be about as reliable as a Glock but that's not really an achievement, not in a derogatory way, just tech has advanced to the point where it is kind of hard to find a gun that's not dependable.

Regardless, Ruger really isn't about dethroning anyone, just providing a product at a lower price point at the cost of some fit and finish.
>>
>>28365483
This
>>
>>28365504
It's usually people with really shitty holsters
>>
>>28365483
What the fuck kind of retards are you associating with?
>>
>>28365747
Probably cops.
>>
>>28364463
I'll stick with my Glock for my polymer striker fired carry gun needs.
>>
>>28365432
>Condition one is hammer down, safety on, round in the chamber.
Wrong, that's condition two.

Condition one is hammer cocked with loaded chamber and safety engaged.

Hammer down, regardless of safety, is condition 2 on DA/SA firearms.
>>
>>28365483
How the fuck do you ND with a XDS...
>>
I'm surprised Ruger came out with a new gun without having their usual youtube shills posting glorious review vids
>>
>>28364463
>Ruger dropping support for .40 S&W
It's a major advancement in polymer pistol technology.
>>
>>28365747
This. How horrifying.
>>
>>28364463
I'd buy it. I love ruger. This changes my mind on Polymer Striker Fired Pistols. I bet the trigger blows away the competition.
>>
>>28365418
There's no way in hell that's real
>check Ruger's website
>it's real
kek
>>
http://youtu.be/Duih7Scp_Ho

I dunno, it looks okay I guess.

>9mm or .45ACP
>>
>>28365432
>hammer down, safety on
You don't know how a 1911 works.
>>
>>28365305
SA Weight - Safety Required for carrying
DA Weight - Safety not needed

but since it is a gen one ruger i'm guessing the trigger pull will be right up there with my hand nugget and P-64
>>
>>28365389
Big difference between a 5-6lb pull with takeup and a 2-3lb pull with no takeup.

People who put racegun shit on their carry guns can evaluate that risk for themselves but personally I'm not inclined.
>>
More expensive, heavier, and thicker than SR series.

Fucking why?
>>
>>28368188
Have you actually shot a Ruger? Even in the long and heavy P series trigger it's all of 8ish pounds.
>>
>>28364463
Its way too stylized. Each and every line on that pistol was carefully designed by a committee, and it looks like it. On the grip area especially.
Look at the fucking cocking serrations, Ruger is just trying way too hard.
>>
>>28369022
What does that even mean, everything looks fine, would you prefer they just take a crudely drawn 5 year old's picture and go off that.
>>
>>28369061
I prefer function over form.
>>
>>28369098
Is there anything that is non functional in this?
>>
>>28369022
Glock guy?
>>
>>28364513

It's not a polymer gun.
>>
File: 1418017140743.jpg (40 KB, 800x507) Image search: [Google]
1418017140743.jpg
40 KB, 800x507
I really don't get the difference between this and the SR series, at least not in any way that couldn't just be retrofit onto a SR.

No safety? Easily done. Different sights (Hopefully)? Put on different sights. Backstraps? Got it. Trigger safety? Already had it.

They're perfectly fine guns, comfortable enough, shoot damn accurate for the price. Unless this seriously changes the ergos and ups the reliability, I can't see this being necessary. Unless they wanted to put a bunch of angles on it and make it vaguely cyberpunk, confusing my sense of aesthetics and changing between beautiful and ugly every other picture.

Really don't get it. It's going to come down to reliability, ergos, and price, none of which we will know until it's out. I just don't know why they needed an all-new line or what was wrong with the SR9s.

Just kind of miss the P series desu senpai
>>
>>28368977
Gen one LCP, the trigger is terrible
>>
>>28369812
I've heard some musing that this was intended as a contender for the military trials. If you've gone through all the work to design it and produce prototypes, might as well release it to the public too to make some money off of it.
>>
>>28369812
>kind of miss the P series
Me too, anon. Really liked that plum color they had on some of them and hate that I sold mine. Though it probably wouldn't be much to get another.
>>
>>28369812
I don't think you're wrong about the SR9s. I have one and I love it. But I don't consider it "combat ready". Accurate, safe, extremely comfortable, oh absolutely. Ready to be given to a cop or grunt to be abused on the regular, I dunno about that. While all the metal and everything seems sufficient to me, the polymer frame always felt too thin to be suitable for a HARD use weapon.
>>
>>28369812
This. The American also weighs 4 ounces more, doesn't hold any extra rounds and it's slide serrations are going to increase machining time and cost which makes it not suitable for military adoption. Totally unnecessary for this gun to exist
>>
>>28365483

The 75 was my second handgun, and even with no training or instructions other than safety rules, I managed to figure it out and never ND
>>
SR series pistols suck ass. Why will this be different?
>>
>>28370595
>SR series is great especially for the price

Wow what a typo you had there
>>
>>28364463
When I saw the initial pictures I thought this was hideous, looking at it now though it's actually a pretty nice looking gun - as far as plastic striker-fired pistols go, anyway.
>>
eww
>>
>>28370233
No Hadjis allowed.
>>
>>28373099
>eww
If it had "HK" stamped on the slide and grip you know damn well you guys would be blowing your loads over it. It doesn't look any worse than the VP9, in fact I think it looks a bit nicer and more streamlined.
>>
>>28373159
>being this triggered over three letters
>>
>>28373199
It's true though.
>>
Not sure, if it was a complete improvement (even if each improvement was minor) over an equally sized Glock and at a more competitive price, I could see it being distinguished next to all the other poly striker pistols as being the new "standard". Sadly, because its competing against Glock, which has big bulk deals for government buyers, and a diversified civilian market, I don't think this will be a success.
>>
>>28367147
40 fags BTFO
>>
i'll only buy it to pronounce it rape
>>
>>28374115
Unless they come out with an Elite model it will be rap.
>>
I ain't looking for a full sized pistol but I suddenly want this. Time will tell if it actually fucking works though.
>>
>>28374233
I'm in the exact same boat
>>
>>28365483
>I've seen 5 different people ND into themselves on 5 serparate occasions

Or my favorite version

>I've seen one guy ND into himself 5 times on one occasion

Sure you have.
>>
>>28373964
Aside from market support it seems to be an improvement over Glock in a number of ways. You're also forgetting its serialized chassis, like the SIG P250/P320
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.