[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do when aliums attack? would Amraams be useless? would nukes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: independence-day.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
independence-day.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1080
what do when aliums attack?
would Amraams be useless?
would nukes be useless against alium spacecraft?
>>
You either hide in a ditch until they go away and/or bow the fuck down if they find you. There would be no feasible way to fight ET if they were intent on killing or conquering.
>>
>>28363577
It was in '94.
>>
>>28363577
The most effective weapons are payback and pre-AOL level malware.
>>
File: ootd.png (72 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
ootd.png
72 KB, 183x276
>>28363577

Ally yourselves with the Vampires.
>>
>>28363577
WHAT IS WITH /K/ TODAY
>>
>>28363689
Just got back from reading the wiki synopsis.
This book is so monumentally stupid simply in its very concept that I immediately went to amazon and bought a paperback copy.
Thank you for introducing me to this bullshit.
>>
>>28363577
Upload a computer virus to their motherships hard drive.
>>
>>28364200
It's getting a sequel. US has ayylmao laser rifles and jets. Jeff Goldblum is back too.
>>
If mankind faced total destruction at the hands of an alien race with no hope of survival we'd unless our nuclear arsenal on ourselves as a last fuck you to the ayys.
>>
>>28364228
>no fresh prince
Dropped.
>>
>>28364193
It's one of the worst books Weber's ever written. Seriously bad. Want a better one? Try The Excalibur Alternative. You can actually find most of his ebooks free (with the publisher's full knowledge) over here:

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/

Download the Mission of Honor iso or CD. In Fury Born and Apocalypse Troll are pretty good, too. And the Dahak series.
>>
>>28364237
>Hey Xyrrg'tov, let's go conquest that little planet, it has a lot of resources compared to the other planets in its system
>Sure Ighhvweq, let's go then
>Oh shit they just destroyed themselves
>Well no resources for us I guess. Onto the next system.
>>
>>28364294
Looks like there's some gems on here, so thanks anon. Still gonna read Out of the Dark for a good laugh though.
>>
>>28364228
Saw the preview for it. Can't really say I'm excited, but I'll end up watching it regardless.
>>
>>28363777
Independance day 2 just came out.

Nigga doesn't know best option is go to Chernobyl and dig a bunker hole.
>>
>>28364228
So we get to go Xcom on them? I like it.
>>
>First invasion force didn't work?
>Fuck it, send in another one!
>What could possibly go wrong?

Are Aliens Americans?
>>
>>28363689
The vampire part is just ridicolous, but i enjoyed the book. Got some really /k/ parts in it
>>
>>28363577

Nuclear weapons are better within the atmosphere than outer space. The presence of atmosphere, sound etc, makes nukes so much worse.
>>
>>28363577
>what do when aliums attack?

Die.
>>
>>28363577
>what do when aliums attack?

assuming they've conquered the high ground while we can barely get there (in very small numbers), not much except die.

kinda like a child trying to crawl up a hill to hit the knight with the halberd.
>>
>>28363577

We don't even know if alien life would exist in our visible spectrums.

Bacteria don't look up and go "HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT CREATURE WE LIVE ON"

To them it's just a place they grow on, not a living creature.

Maybe we all live on a giant alien?
>>
>>28367533

can i buy some weed?
>>
>>28367533
What if we are all individual neurons in a collective consciousness that has yet to become self aware?
>>
>>28363577
the World at War series is pretty good for this sort of stuff.

Basically the aliens lose because they are bad at war and expect all other species to be even worse at it and they never developed weapons tech beyond what earth had 20 years ago because it was good enough for every fight they had ever been in.
>>
>>28367512
>they've conquered the high ground
subtle, I like it, but Obi-Wan wasn't an alien
>>
>>28367716
>Obi-Wan wasn't an alien
Yes he was. He was born in a galaxy far, far away, not on Earth.
>>
>>28367757
It was also a long time ago, maybe they spread and colonized the earth?
>>
>>28367558

What if it becomes self aware and forces us to smoke weed?

>>28367539

0____0

I don't smoke.... marihuana.
>>
>>28367767

HAN SOLO WAS A FORCE USER

THE ODDS OF NAVIGATING THE ASTEROID FIELD WERE 3,720 to 1!!

NEVER FORGET
>>
>>28363577

Realistically there is nothing you can do to stop a nuclear explosion, even with space magic.
You can intercept the delivery system but when it goes off you are fucked, even with magical energy shields.
>>
Will they have antivirus this time???
>>
>>28367959

>space magic
>magic

I don't think you understand what that word means.

>>28367975

Running Common Sense 2016. Shouldn't have run that last .exe file they emailed to the spaceniggers.
>>
File: id2.jpg (157 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
id2.jpg
157 KB, 1100x619
>tfw Independence day 2 will be better than TFA
>>
>>28368617
>super space alien tech guns
>still using Aimpoints
They can't make some sci fi optics for the guns?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.