[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, I'm looking for an open sight bolt-action in .223.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: cz-usa-cz-527-carbine.png (100 KB, 784x522) Image search: [Google]
cz-usa-cz-527-carbine.png
100 KB, 784x522
Hey /k/, I'm looking for an open sight bolt-action in .223. The options I found so far are the CZ 527, Ruger Gunsite Scout, Savage Hog Hunter, Mossberg MVP. I'm leaning towards the Hog Hunter or the CZ. Are there any other good options avaiable. Which of the options I've found seem like the best choice?
>>
>>28362342
Both the Ruger and Savage are great, I've heard Mossberg is a shit, don't know about CZ
>>
>>28362382
The only thing I don't like about the Savage is the blind mag, but I could learn to like that. CZ is sexy. The Ruger looks good, but is also the most expensive. Mossberg takes AR mags.

I'm really torn.
>>
>>28362342
There is one other option I know of, the Zastava M85 from J&G Sales:
http://www.jgsales.com/zastava-m85-223-bolt-action-mini-mauser-left-hand-rifle,-cai-yugo-import.-new.-p-60281.html

It has a Mauser action, so its similar to the CZ which also has a Mauser action. However, the M85 has a fixed internal magazine where the CZ uses magazines. The M85 will probably be the cheapest option, though. Other than the above info, I have no other experience or knowledge of the M85.
>>
>>28363987
Oops, the link I provided was for a left-hand version. That was the only option available on J&G. The regular right hand version must be out of stock.
>>
The Savage is a fantastic rifle.
>>
>>28362342
Are you set on bolt action? Or would any manual repeater do? If so, you can look at things like Browning BLRs for lever-actions and Remington 7615s for pump-actions.

Otherwise if you've got the money the CZ is a lovely gun. Both the gunsite and the Hog Hunter look sine, I've only ever used a Gunsite in .308 and it was a fine gun, except the factory magazine is a massive piece of shit, aftermarket ones are great though. Has nice sights as well.

The Mossbergs magazine well has a problems on some guns and it's not the most reliable action but it's pretty good other than that.

>>28362429
If taking AR mags is a big bonus, take a squizz at pump-action rifles also (like the one I mentioned earlier) as a couple of them also take AR mags and are usually designed around being a brush rifle.
>>
File: cheegi breegi.jpg (195 KB, 1046x843) Image search: [Google]
cheegi breegi.jpg
195 KB, 1046x843
>>28364496
I like working the bolt to be honest. Also, the CZ is only 733$ MSRP, making it the second cheapest, next to the Hog Hunter (578$). I will check out some pumps like you recommended, but my gut is telling me the CZ is the right choice for me. Thanks for the help!
>>
Anyone know about the 7.62x39 version of the Zastava m85? .I considering it for a first rifle along with a Ruger .22 pistol
>>
>>28362382
Why hasn't ruger made a low cost 7.62x39 bolt action rifle.

Savage Axis goes about the same price of a mosin these days...
>>
>>28362342
Howa just released a micro action for the .223, theyre great guns for the money
>>
>>28362342
CZ is highest quality. Mossberg is interesting because it takes AR mags. Ruger and Savage are both okay.
>>
>>28362342
Since Mosin seem to be no longer cheap, how many 7.62x39 bolt action rifles are there?
only options is the CZ right?
CZ 527 go around $600
Savage scout $700
They don't have 10 round mags right?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.