[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this /k/? https://m.warhistoryonline.co
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
What do you think of this /k/?
https://m.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/dambusters-pilot-medal-to-be-auctioned-for-charity.html
>>
I love how the whole "drowning your buddies in POW camps" part gets totally ignored

like, I can't hear anything but Borat saying GREAT SUCCESS when I think of the dambusting raids.
>>
>>28361799
>drowning your buddies in a POW camp
What I never heard about this source please
>>
>>28361859
You never heard about it because it was 1000 slav forced laborers that died, and most were Soviets.
>>
>>28361997
>soviets
>buddys
You some kinda fucking commie?
>>
>>28362041
>muh allies dindu nuffin
>>
>>28361799
So what you're saying is that the Germans should have just tied soviet prisoners to the front of all their tanks?

HANS, YUO ARE OF GENIUS
>>
>>28362047
>Did I even sound slightly appologising about drowning facists and commies?
> Commie your name is on my list
>>
>>28362075
>Did I even sound slightly appologising about drowning facists and commies?
Yes, actually.
>>
>>28362088
Tell me which part said that.
>soviets
>buddys
You some kinda fucking commie?
>>
File: letters of last resort.jpg (437 KB, 1162x475) Image search: [Google]
letters of last resort.jpg
437 KB, 1162x475
>>28362103
You're implying that the dead POWs and forced laborers weren't Allies to the British during the time period.

Or, you're just suggesting that because lelslavs that it actually doesn't matter.

Either way, you're retarded.
>>
>>28362136
And you are implying a war can be held without collateral damage. Who is more delusional.
Furthermore you may adress me as Mr. McCarthy al Pinochet the II.
>>
>>28362183
>And you are implying a war can be held without collateral damage
literally never implied that.

I only ever pointed out that it's great how that aspect of the raid never gets mentioned.

you can stop projecting, now.

and please, call me admiral.
>>
>>28362215
Admiral this aspect, at least in my language was mentioned and pushed so hard Hillary Clintons presidency run looks like antipropaganda compared to it.
Im so sick of all that >muh innocent people drowned >muh communists that are our temporary allies were there died
>muh those plans were usesess
Im just sick and tired of it.
>>
>>28362268
Well they really were pretty useless outside of making the bongs feel good
>>
>>28362303
Admiral destroying important infrastructur for power generation to further weaken german warproduction is still highest priority. Its not like the brits that were charging the krauts only minutes before the armistice in the 1WW.
Also you forgot something:
MR. MCCARTHY AL PINOCHET THE SECOND REMEMBER THE NAME!
>>
>>28362359
>destroying important infrastructur for power generation to further weaken german warproduction is still highest priority
and that's how chastise failed; the power grid was running at full capacity shortly after. The bongs shoulda followed through with more bombing raids while repairs were underway on the dams.

the amount of livestock that drowned was most likely the biggest effect the raids had.
>>
>>28362411
See admiral the problem wasnt the raids themselfes it was the missing follow through. (why is it always the same problem)
>>
>>28362452
The lack of a followthrough only highlighted Chastise' failure. It was nothing more than a minor inconvenience to German industry all things considered, with the biggest measurable effect being the loss of life as a result of the raid. It's just that when over half of said number were allied POWs, it's not quite as "fuck yeah".
>>
>>28362508
Well its more a: Hrm well go on lads.
I would also quote that one line from fast and furious tokyo drift with the nail and horse and so on but i cease.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.