[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/ 2015/12/28/breaking-ruge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/28/breaking-ruger-release-new-polymer-framed-striker-fired-ruger-american-pistol-9mm-45-acp/

Oh look. Another polymer, striker-fired pistol
>>
>>28359705
Oh I'm sorry, do you not like gun? Because I like guns, and any new gun than can gun is gun enough for me.
>>
>>28359705
Use the God damn catalog before posting you worthless piece of shit.
>>
>cheaper than a Glock
>completely ambi controls
>improved ergonomics
>futuristic look
I don't see anything wrong with it.
>>
File: 1353138843613.gif (570 KB, 360x246) Image search: [Google]
1353138843613.gif
570 KB, 360x246
>>28359739
Oh my gosh my tisms are so triggered!
>>
>>28359760
No, I just care for the state of this crap board for some retarded reason.
>>
What does this do that the SR doesn't already?
>>
>>28359778

Came here wondering this. Will they dump the SR series of guns?
>>
>>28359750
>>cheaper than a Glock
in other words, lower quality. is ruger gonna have the slide ride on the bare plastic like they did the P series?
>>completely ambi controls
oh great more unintentional fucking about for right handers. just made the mag release or whatever user reversible for leftiefags.
>>improved ergonomics
not saying much over a glock
>>futuristic look
yes, black plastic is futuristic.
>>
>>28359792
The Sig P320 is cheaper than a Glock, and is significantly better quality. Same with the Steyr L9A1/M9A1.

Both have improved ergonomics and controls. Those are selling points.

Stop being fucking retarded.
>>
>>28359790
I'm guessing it will just be an alternative for people that want a pistol without a safety like the SR series.
>>
>>28359810
Glock fanboys have to find any reason to try and justify why glocks are the only choice.
>>
>>28359810
sigfags are such fanboys, sig could release a hi-point and they would herald it. and the steyr m although nice is not better than a glock.

ruger shill please.
>>
>>28359825

I could care less about the safety, I just hope it has a better trigger out of the box than my SR9C, because that shit was embarrassing.
>>
>>28359705
>bottom of the barrel engineering, no safety, no second strike

The plebs will eat it up
>>
File: 1441758999879.gif (967 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
1441758999879.gif
967 KB, 490x367
>>28359843
Glockfags are such fanboys, glock could release a hi-point and they would herald it. and the g17 although rugged is not better than a HK.

Glock shill please.
>>
>>28359850
Really? Maybe its just my preference, but I really like the short crisp triggers on my 9e and sr9c.
>>
>>28359843
>calling sig owners fanboys
>making a hi-point joke when glocks are aesthetically similar to hi-points

I own a glock. Let's not pretend there aren't much better options for around the same price.
>>
>>28359923
>>28360018
you guys are autists. I'm not even a glockfag but I can see this new ruger shit is generic and overdone.
>>
>>28360018
That is a subjective opinion and objectively wrong
>>
>>28359705
The gun looks like an abomination Sig and Ruger shat out.
>>
>>28359843
The Steyr is nicer than the Glock, I absolutely love both my L9A1 and M9A1.

The same thing could be said for Glock regarding releasing a shit product and marking it up. They did just that with the 42.

Am I a Ruger fanboy or Sig fanboy? I own or have owned Glocks, Rugers, Sigs, S&Ws, Steyrs, FNs, and more... They all have their merits. Ruger is capable of making a robust and reliable gun at a very competitive price. Sure, they won't be the same quality, but that's like trying to compare the quality between the Mossberg Maverick and 590.
>>
>>28359705
But this one likely has interchangeable frames like the Sig P250/P320 and dropped support for .40 S&W. You can't say they didn't do anything new.
>>
>>28360032
I'm not defending Ruger. I can't stand all the generic polymer striker fired handguns on the market.
>>28360037
It's not wrong and you know it. Glocks are shit aesthetically, and they're mediocre in terms of from the factory performance.
>>
>>28359964
Same
>>
>>28360032
Nah, I agree entirely with >>28360135

Of course a polymer pistol in a caliber already in use for well over 100 years is overdone. Nobody is pretending this is groundbreaking, they're just pretending that everyone needs a glock, they just don't know it.

I like glocks, I'd own one if I didn't theyre ugly and blocky in my hand.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.