[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ Literature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: Poilu.jpg (31 KB, 260x396) Image search: [Google]
Poilu.jpg
31 KB, 260x396
Have any other komrades been reading this /k/ristmas? Poilu is now among my favorite war stories, what else do you guys recommend?
Also general /k/ /lit/ thread
>>
WWII by James Jones, though it's long out of print. You'll have to look on eBay. It's a large art book jammed full of war propaganda by all sides, with the author of the Thin Red Line giving you a running profanity-laden unromantic commentary on what it was like to live through the period.

Up Front by Bill Mauldin.

Crusade by Eisenhower and A Soldier's Story by Bradley.

That'll get you started.
>>
Oppenheimer's recommended reading list

On Thermonuclear War By Herman Kahn
On Limited Nuclear War in the 21st Century by Jeffrey Larsen and Kerry Kartchner
The Evolution of Nuclear Strategy, Third Edition by Lawrence Freedman
Russian Strategic Nuclear Forces by Pavel Podvig
Nuclear Statecraft: History and Strategy in America's Atomic Age by Francis J. Gavin
Eating Grass: The Making of the Pakistani Bomb by Feroz Khan
Prevention, Pre-emption and the Nuclear Option: From Bush to Obama by Aiden Warren
Nuclear Deterrence in the 21st Century: Lessons from the Cold War for a New Era of Strategic Piracy by Thérèse Delpech
Analyzing Strategic Nuclear Policy by Charles L. Glaser
Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes
Dark Sun: The Making of the Hydrogen Bomb by Richard Rhodes
Nuclear Strategy in the Modern Era: Regional Powers and International Conflict by Vipin Narang
Building the H Bomb: A Personal History By Kenneth W Ford
>>
"Les aventures de Werner Holtt" by Dieter Noll ( no idea what would be the name in english btw )
>>
>>28339261

War As I Knew It by Patton.
>>
The Story of a Common Soldier of Army Life in the Civil War, 1861-1865

I don't know why I love this story so much but god it's interesting. All these anecdotes from this guy who fought on the Western front of the Civil War are just so earnest and interesting, even if he was a yankee.
>>
Anyone have any recommendations for books on the conflicts in south Africa from the 60s through the 90s? Angolan independence & civil war, south African border war, Rhodesian bush war, etc.
>>
Masters of the Air, since the HBO miniseries is supposed to be coming out in 2016/17.
>>
File: IMG_20151227_230245981-01.jpg (622 KB, 1440x1967) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151227_230245981-01.jpg
622 KB, 1440x1967
I got this rare book recently. It is a history of the machine gun battalion my great grandfather was in during WW1. Gotta get around to reading more of it. Could only find 1 copy online and it was $90.

Luckily it has big pages (Though a bit glossy) so one day I will get scans of it and upload them somewhere. I just need to find a place or wait for these new top down scanners to come out...
>>
>>28340089
The CGI/effects in that show better be top fucking notch because most of it is going to be taking place inside a plane. Not much being spent on locations I'd imagine
>>
File: file.png (811 KB, 603x870) Image search: [Google]
file.png
811 KB, 603x870
>>28340096
Also ordered this. Seems worth $8
>>
>>28340150
It's the same guys that made Band of Brothers/The Pacific lol

They basically created a volcanic beach from zero.
>>
>>28340150
Yeah, the budget is there so I'm hopeful. In an interview this month Miller quoted Hanks as wanting to "make the best WW2 film ever made."
>>
Reading this atm, it's aight I guess.
>>
File: 51OpONzwRlL._SY400_.jpg (34 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
51OpONzwRlL._SY400_.jpg
34 KB, 300x400
Rolling through this one right now. Not too bad if you like training and personal experience stories
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.