[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Balisong/knife thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
Im interested in learning to flip and just fuck around with a balisong. Any recommendations for a cheap one to start woth?

Also general balisong/knife thread postem
>>
just dont your fingers will thank you
>>
File: spyderco_ambitious.jpg (664 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
spyderco_ambitious.jpg
664 KB, 3264x2448
this came in this morning, really fun to flick out and fold.
>>
>>28336624
Bear and Son are the only way to go for entry level

10000x more durable than the cheap chink flippers, and the added mass makes it much easier for a noob, plus they're only like $35

If you decide you really like butterflies, Benchmade makes some very nice ones, just as durable with some beautiful finishes, but expect to pay out the ass
>>
>>28336624
practice with a trainer balisong or a comb balisong if you are feeling edgy. better to be hit with plastic or a comb than a sharp blade
>>
>>28336693
I would recommend just getting a cheap Bear, then covering the blade with electrical tape, saves some money
>>
>>28336693
>>28336703
I actually already bought some cheap like $8 trainer on amazon. I plan to use that for a bit before swapping up to a actual knife.
>>
>>28336726
keep in mind you get what you pay for. I had a comb balisong and it busted after 10 mins of use.
>>
File: IMAG0117[1].jpg (627 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0117[1].jpg
627 KB, 2688x1520
I'm on the fence about my ceramic blade. Thoughts?
>>
File: IMAG0118[1].jpg (941 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0118[1].jpg
941 KB, 2688x1520
>>28336898
I also have this old rostfrei that does me well
>>
>>28336898
ceramic blades? are these a thing? First time I have heard of them

Did you print it yourself?
>>
>>28336624
I started off with a cheap ass no-name chinese one my cousin happened to have. After a couple weeks it broke. I was beating the shit out of it, since i was just learning, but the metal handle itself actually snapped.

After that I bout a Benchmade Model 51. Shit was 250 bucks but worth it. I've had it for over 5 years and it still flips like a beast. It's still sharp too, since I always flip over a bed or on carpet. Only broke a bit of the tip off, but if you're flipping a balisong, that's gonna happen eventually.
>>
>>28336927
You know that rostfrei is german for stainless, and immediatley feel like a uneducated neet.
>>
Learning is quite easy, depend of the time you dedicate to it, but in less than a day you can learn several tricks and for the most difficult in less than a week.

People think is hard but the thing is once you start is addictive and very easy.

I suggest buying something cheap and dont worry about cuts, if you act with caution you wont get badly hurt. Also if you cover the edge you get cocky, meanwhile having the risk to cut yourself gives you some... motivation. And cutting yourself also teaches you important lessons
>>
>>28336898
Ceramic is kind of shitty for blades.they can get pretty sharp but dull quicker than 8cr.they are also more fragile.
>>
File: trashman.jpg (31 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
trashman.jpg
31 KB, 300x400
>>28336624

Nice pocket fefora, faggot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.