[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What big city in America has the best gun laws? Phoenix? Dallas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: Screenshot-2014-03-17-15.35.16.jpg (44 KB, 750x408) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2014-03-17-15.35.16.jpg
44 KB, 750x408
What big city in America has the best gun laws? Phoenix? Dallas?
I know it's next to impossible to own a gun in NYC. Any large city where you can buy an AR-15 with no hassles?
>>
>>28335660
I live in AZ and have bought 4 weapons
all of them went down with me showing up, grabbing fun, filling out form, waiting 5 minutes for the paperwork to clear, paying and walking out with new fun.
I never want to leave this state
>>
>>28335660
Just about all of them minus the ones in MA, NY, and CA.
>>
I like living here in Las Vegas.

Kinda like Arizona, except without the Arizona drivers.
>>
How's New Orleans in this respect nowadays?
>>
>>28335660
miami is a fairly big city and we have like, no guns laws whatsoever
>>
>>28336063
Chicago is pretty terrible.
>>
>>28335660
I would say Phoenix but from what i can tell its not really one of those cities you participate it, its just a regional business center. After that would prob be Dallas.
Anyone live in Dallas, considering moving
>>
>>28335660
Montpellier, VT
>>
>>28335660
Detroit is pretty awesome, we don't give a fuck about anything.
>>
>>28336174
Gun laws are probably fine, but it's a crime ridden, roody-poo infested shithole. Did I mention the tropical heat and humidity, and all the fun parasites and diseases that go along with that? Fuck that place.
>>
>>28336462
>big city
>population 7,855
>>
>>28337477
Dubs speak truth.

On the other hand, I'm young and single, and I sure like the sound of a city with a good dance scene (the big names here are Los Angeles, Seattle, NYC, Montreal, Philly...so yeah) and good gun laws. And I've lived on the south side of Chicago, so I think I can handle shitty weather and redguards.
>>
>>28336280
817 Reporting.

Moved in a year ago from a deep blue state with very restrictive gun laws.

The area is alright, I'm not a native Texan so some of the 'Hoorah TX' shit gets old, but there are a lot of transplants in the DFW metroplex. I have a 3X larger house for 1/2 the price I paid on the east coast and can actually buy about any damned gun I please.

I may end up moving for my job again, but I don't regret coming here at all.
>>
>>28337961
Thanks anon. I was thinking of moving to the downtown or really close to it. How are the dindus? I am in Chicago right now I dont want any more of it.
>>
>>28335660
>dumb liberal thinks every city in America can just make their own laws like NYC and Chicago
New and unique thread.
>>
>>28337980
I'm out in the burbs, specifically looked for communities with greater than 90% White/Asian, as I have kids and a wife. I've ventured out to downtown a few times and felt less safe in DC than Dallas.
>>
>>28338085
Thats the population I am looking for however it seems to be impossible. Was there alot of homeless?
Seattle is only 2 percent black so it seems appealing but its so liberal idk.
>>
IIRC only like 6 states allow cities to make their own gun laws, and those 6 are all pretty anti-fun to begin with.
>>
>>28335660
Portland, OR. Fulla hipsters, but OR has the best gun laws on the west coast, and miles of woods.
>>
>>28335660
Nice try bloomberg. not your personal army. go find a free city to pick on with your own time
>>
>>28336280
dallas is SHIT
move ANYWHERE ELSE IN TEXAS (austin withstanding)
>>
>>28338187
Didn't they just get up to some shady shit with the state preemption law?
>>
>>28338207
Could you say why? I have no intention of living in suburbs or rural areas, Im only 19 and like having a social life.
>>
>>28335660
Anyone wish the republicans passed some federal gun rights law that wiped all liberal city and state gun control out.

I'm tired of some americans being freer than others. Even though moving is easier for americans (a lot of vehicles and general economic strength).
>>
>>28335660
Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Miami, Atlanta, Las Vegas,
>>
>>28338222
State preemption
(1) Except as expressly authorized by state statute, the authority to regulate in any matter whatsoever the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition, is vested solely in the Legislative Assembly.
http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.170
>>
>>28338264
Eh. It'd be nice, but I also feel like liberals should be able to have some gun-free enclaves if they want.

>>28338306
>Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
Really? Would be interested to hear more on these.
>>
>>28338314
Yeah, but what I'm saying is that I thought Portland just recently passed some clear violation of the state preemption law and has thus far gotten away with it. Or that there was some recent ammo tax or mag ban or something, but I may be thinking of WA.
>>
>>28338333
>>28338314
Also, preemption aside, there's the statewide background check requirement for private transfers. But it's still a fuck of a lot better than CA.
>>
File: 1450005370061.jpg (50 KB, 600x413) Image search: [Google]
1450005370061.jpg
50 KB, 600x413
>>28338120
So, interestingly I also lived in NW Washington State, north of Seattle.

I would consider NW Washington State to be almost perfect. No income tax, low property tax, most libtards are in Sea/Tac the rest of the state is either deep red or lefty libertarian. And the amazingly low dindu population, just absolutely wonderful. Nice outdoorsy culture, plenty of people hunt, hike, fish, etc. My wife is Asian so testaments for her palate were also plentiful. Probably my favorite stop on the career train.
>>
Oregon is pretty lax with it's gun laws. We've got open carry and everything.
>>
>>28338474
Private sales are illegal and you refuse to recognize anyone else's CCW with "some" exceptions for residents that live right next to the state's border. No thanks.
>>
>>28337477
>Roody-poo
I've been here too long.
>>
>>28338264
This, I just want to live in NYC but tfw no freedoms
>>28338349
Goddamn that sounds amazing, any recommended places to live? Need somewhere with a lot of young people. I can deal with majority white/asian libtards as long as no dindus and have freedom loving friends.
>>
>>28335660
Any city in Arizona is going to have the best laws (pro gun/restrictive on anti gun movements) but as mentioned before, it's less of a community and more of a gaggle of closely located residences and buildings.

Prescott is better if you want a "gun community", though you'll still go to Phoenix for the SAR show every December.
>>
>>28336222
but it's in florida, and everyone loses their mind in florida sooner or later.
>>
Fuck Dallas.
>>
>>28336063
You forgot Connecticut
>>
>>28335660
Atlanta is ok if you like sweet tea.
>>
File: 1396522324158_jpg.jpg (169 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1396522324158_jpg.jpg
169 KB, 640x628
>>28339445
If you don't mind some lib retardation on occasion and can deal with the Pacific NW weather, that has been my favorite. I actually go back and vacation there too.

If you absolutely have to be in a deep red state, TX has been okay. In my experience government services are total shit and property taxes are high to compensate for no income tax. Many more dindus and obviously a ton more Pacos.
>>
Contrary to popular belief, Seattle was just as easy. 5 min background check.
>>
>>28336174
no problem.
> walk in
> do quick paperwork
> pay
> leave with a new gun
>>
>>28335660
Portland, OR. is pretty okay. Problem is the population, considering so many leftists live there.
>>
Detroit is pretty relaxed
>>
File: 1451004628622.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1451004628622.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>28340534
Nice, thanks anon.
>>
>>28335660
>I know it's next to impossible to own a gun in NYC

A rifle/shotgun permit is pretty easy to get as long as you don't have a criminal record. That's in NYC. The rest of NY State doesn't require a permit to own a rifle or a shotgun.
Handgun permits are a different story.
A CCW license is almost impossible to get in NYC.
>>
All of them if you like to travel and don't mind keeping your head down.
>>
>>28335660
atlanta
>have your carry license
>point at gun on wall
>hand cash
>no background check from ffl since you have your permit
>walk out with ar-15 in under 10 mins?
>>
>>28341167
so getting a pump is easy, a glock for the house is hard and a ccw is borderline impossible?
>>
>>28341167
>>28341683

It all depends on which neighborhood. Giving out a long gun license is entirely at the discretion of the precinct you reside in.
>>
>>28341712
Do you know the specifics of manhattan? Midtown area i guess.
>>
>>28338207
Dallasite here, Dallas is a fine city as long as you live north of teh river or I-30. Ay further south and its poor mans land where you will need a gun in order to go about your daily life from what i'm told.

The people that don't like Dallas tend to be from other cities like Austin or Houston. In all honesty they're all fine except Austin.
>>
>>28338207
Is Arlington TX viable?
>>
>>28341872
Is Downtown nice? Stuff going on/ to do? People walking around? not alot of homeless/dindus?
>>
>>28341724

There are probably real forums with good info on this, but I'd venture that the richer an area is, the richer you are, and the higher status your occupation is, the whiter you are, the more female you are, the older you are (to a point), the more likely you are to get a license.

Also you have to tell them about every long gun you buy.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.