[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how much would it cost to build kit like pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
how much would it cost to build kit like pic related?
>>
>>28327834
like or exactly the same? like and you can cut a lot of corners with cheaper manufacturers or get airsoft equivalents (helmet, pants, jacket from truspec, propper, rothco, etc). exact and it'll cost you a lot.
>>
>>28327834
with or without rifle, anpeq, ballistic helmet, or anything real
>>
$6 million dollars and at least 8 years.

Much less for just the gear.
>>
i already have the rifle. i want the real thing. ive already compleated my 90s gear loadout and now i wanna build a new loadout and i selected this type.
>>
>>28327902

lol wut. You could have just asked this in the gear thread. Anyways, the answer is probably way more dosh than you want to spend. Here's an old spreadsheet I made on just the rifle alone.
>>
>the 10" barrel is $1100
>this guy I know bought one
>we're in California so SBRs are not even legal so he can't even exit the house with it
goddamn
>>
Very Expensive....

Helmet is about 1800$ alone

Carrier is about a thousand. I can't see his comms, but including the radios and PTTs, probably another seven hundred dollars

Uniform is maybe 600$ if you can even find the Chimera shirt he's wearing

His belt is probably 500$ with the 6354DO Holster and other goodies.

I'd say 5000$ as a general guideline, not including the scar and things I can see, like boots.
>>
File: De gefuckingso GQ Cover.jpg (307 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
De gefuckingso GQ Cover.jpg
307 KB, 640x960
>>28327834
Squid's kit, particularly that one in the pic, is probably worth a down payment on a really nice house.
>>
Feels kind of good that I more or less have a kit on par with Squid's in terms of raw price.

Squid, I'm getting an AVS next week. I think Crye doesn't have any lead times right now so hopefully I will be done putting it together by like february.
>>
>>28328006

Neato. If you order the harness along with platebags Crye will assemble it for you. Here's my advice: Take it all apart and rebuild it yourself. It will help you learn how everything works together and how many different ways you can configure it to better suit your needs. Hope you enjoy it!
>>
File: 1450460764523.jpg (647 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1450460764523.jpg
647 KB, 2048x1365
>>28327834
ill sorta try
since im a gear queer to give you a basic idea

ok
bottom
to top

salmon shoes-150
crye precision pants-250
belt of sorts with itw mag holders- ehh 200
skdtac pig gloves-30
some gay watch-200
arcterycx jacket of sorts-400
crye plater carrier setup from what i can tell is actually over 1.5 grand from his current set up

crye airframe is the helmet
runs 1200
he has easily 3 grand all in all since nvg mount is about 600
aayyyyyyyyyyyyy

i sorta know gear

honestly
wouldnt want to do this unless i really had the money.
its not really practical other than for dress up reasons.
but do what you enjoy..
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.