[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some help, K. my kimber SIS 1911 has been giving ma failure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: AM SIS.jpg (126 KB, 900x588) Image search: [Google]
AM SIS.jpg
126 KB, 900x588
Need some help, K. my kimber SIS 1911 has been giving ma failure to feed problem lately. Every 3-4 rounds it catches along the feed ramp and doesnt seat properly. There's been probably close to 1000 rounds put through it. What could be the problem? Is it something as simple as a recoil spring replacement?

discuss.
>>
>>28323844

> What could be the problem?

You bought a Kimber. Do you not know how shitty they are? They're the bane of 1911's.
>>
>>28323863

well, it was given to me. I wouldn't dump 1600 into a pistol. Way out of my price range. Now, could you quit being a faggot and contribute?
>>
>>28323844
>Semi-serious answer
It's a Kimberly

>Serious answer
Polish feed ramp
Make sure you use good mags
>>
>kimber
There's your problem.

Okay but really, what mags are you using. Does it repeat the problem with good mags? I'd try new mags first, then recoil spring. Polishing your feed ramp can help, but remember you're polishing it, not sanding the fuck out of it.
>>
Na, same problem with several different mags.
>>
File: fQHDSsn.jpg (752 KB, 3600x1964) Image search: [Google]
fQHDSsn.jpg
752 KB, 3600x1964
>>28323844

>well, it was given to me

Sure...

>Is it something as simple as a recoil spring replacement?

No, more than likely it's an issue with your mags. Look at the feeding ramp as well. Make sure that the shitty Kimber you were "given" doesn't have any left over metal from factory.

And what name brand are the mags, you fucking cock sucking little cunt of a man?
>>
Also, I use frog lube. This happened before I applied the lube. I used it thinkin that it would help vs. conventional oil
>>
>>28323896

the one's it came with
>>
>>28323902

That has nothing to do with it unless you can visibly see build up along the lower frame's rails. And it would have to be enough to slow down the slide's travel.

If it's so much of an issue; you need to sell it. Honestly, I wouldn't invest that much time in it, and it's all profit if you really were "given" it. You could buy something much much nicer. Springfield range officer, etc.
>>
>>28323920

Yea, I was considering getting rid of it. The most I'm willing to do is replace the recoil spring and buffing the feed ramp.
>>
factory specs call for a 16 lb recoil spring. Would using anything higher/lower make a difference?
>>
>>28323934

Try the buffering first; if that doesn't work then you need to consider the sale. Maybe, just maybe the recoil spring could be the issue; but I doubt it.

>>28323944

Be careful with that change; there are specific margins in terms of poundage in which you need to stay. Too much at it won't cycle properly; too little and it's the same issue but for different reasons.
>>
>>28323863
For you
>>
>>28323844
Step one,try different magazines.
Step two, make sure you're maintaining it properly. I had a Kimber that wouldnotcycle properly if Iput too much oil on the rails.
Step three, polish feed ramp.
step four, trade gun in on something else.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 600x544
>>28323902
You fool! Frog lube is only for frog guns!
>>
File: 2qjN9yO.jpg (43 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
2qjN9yO.jpg
43 KB, 720x960
>>28323844

Get some decent mags: chip McCormick or Wilson are good quality.
>>
>>28323919
Kimber mags are kind of shitty. Try some Wilson Combats, CMCs, or Tripp Research mags. If you've tried whatever everyone has said, look into adjusting the extractor. If all else fails, get a new gun because this is pretty typical of modern Kimber
>>
https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-competition-ready-magazine-kit-w-wilson-legendary-45-acp-8rd/

IMHO it is the 1000 rounds on factory mags that is causing you your problem. You could hand polish the ramp for shiggles. You should get more than 1k on recoil spring.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.