[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Survivalist/SHTF Skill Sets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: img_1380.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
img_1380.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
What are some basic skill sets that are necessary for survivalist situations, like natural disasters, as well as SHTF-type scenarios like societal collapse, civil war, etc?

Specifically, what skills would be useful to both you as an individual and to those around you, possibly as a member of a larger group? Skills like being able to set up communication systems, basic engineering and construction skills, electrical engineering, metallurgy and machinist skills, explosive handling, hunting, bushcraft, etc?

As much as I would like to save my own ass in an emergency, I feel like I would have a moral obligation to help others and contribute positively. I really don't feel like I have a hell of a lot of experience to offer at the moment though.
>>
Fishing and bushcraft probably
>>
No replies....
>>
File: 1449115845978.jpg (43 KB, 578x495) Image search: [Google]
1449115845978.jpg
43 KB, 578x495
>>28320957
BSA Handbook
Gut instinct
A will to live.
>>
>>28320957
>>>/out/
>>
you already have a solid set listed. some are more advanced than you'll probably have available (electrical, commo, explosives, metal) but engineering, construction, hunting, bushcraft are good. foraging, farming, medical, cooking would be good too. watch "the colony." the show is ultimately fake but still serves as a good example of what you can do with the more advanced stuff if the right tools and supplies are found.
>>
>>28320957
Learn and practice some basic bushcraft.

Become proficient with firearms, train and drill as much as you can.

Brush up on the skills you do know.

In a SHTF scenario, you'll most likely fall in with groups of people with varied skill sets, so as good as it is to know as much as possible, it isn't entirely necessary to know absolutely everything (jack of all trades, master of none etc).
>>
>>28320957
Blowjobs.
>>
basic hand-to-hand combatives/escape/grappling techniques can come in handy. knowing ropes (knots, how to rig a pulley, maybe even rappelling) and lockpicking too.

might be useful to check these out:
http://guerrillacamping.blogspot.com/
http://www.itstactical.com/intellicom/mindset/life-on-the-streets-10-lessons-i-learned-from-the-homeless/
>>
you dont want to survive. it will be worse than horrible. we're so fucked. somebodies going to capitalize on that chaos and its most likely going to be the same people that caused the chaos. you want to die trying to prevent shit from ever hitting the fan.
>>
>>28320957
Construction, medicine, home electrical, medicine, pest control, medicine, food safety, medicine, intermediate gardening or agriculture, medicine, animal husbandry, veterinary medicine, water purification, medicine, ham radio, medicine, practical chemistry, medicine, and probably medicine too t b h.
>>
>>28320957

Bush craft is the biggest for outdoor , basic understanding of agriculture , basic construction , how to make clay pots , baskets , fishing items , knifes and Flints also just basic survival.

For me being clumsy and we'll biggest of all is aid. First aid , trauma aid and doctoring is the most important thing you can know. You can know everything but when a small cut or a gash that with basic aid could of been avoided turns rotten and infected there goes your survival. First aid and the know how to do it is important , fuck I know how to fix almost anything on me but organs and certain broken bones.

Can't stress enough learn some aid then later some bushcraft and basic survival ( water farming , farming , making clay , pots , wicker , tools and shelter ).
>>
File: 17mucdd584r94jpg.jpg (38 KB, 610x407) Image search: [Google]
17mucdd584r94jpg.jpg
38 KB, 610x407
>>28320957
You're gonna have to learn how to cook and prepare human corpses after humanity strips the earth bare in search of food.

Picture related is what you'll look like after surviving in Detroit for longer than a month.
>>
>>28321517
You gotta carry the fire anon, or else you aren't one of the good guys anymore.
>>
Something useful for survival? Some human resource management skills, the patience to teach and learn, skill with handling politics and popularity, criminology/law experience, excellent understanding of hygiene and sanitation, effective command of written and verbal language, the ability to remain calm under stress. You know, the stuff that maintains the hierarchy and order in every culture.

Other then that? Bushcraft for your location covers basic individual human needs but without a support group the odds of an individual surviving, let alone thriving, are incredibly low.
>>
>>28321517
Omar comin' yo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmtuRRhtGQw
>>
>>28320957
Personal experience keeping your shit together after no sleep or food for days. How grumpy are you in the morning, do you get cranky if you skip lunch? To survive you have to think. Most folks assume they will be fine till they actually have to suffer for a few days then preform but will breakdown at the first blood sugar crash day one.

If you cant think straight you cant use your skills or equipment. Training to be hard against the human condition is more than cardio.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.