[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fixing Dented Stocks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Sup /k/, recently got an old milsurp rifle. It's got the standard array of bumps and bruises, but this dent is rather annoying. It's right where I hold the stock and the texture is unpleasant.

Is there any way to fix a dent like this?
>>
>>28320563
Damp rag and a laundry iron, the heat and water should cause the wood to swell out, you may need to sand it down a bit though.
>>
>>28320588
Thanks for the advice. Any way to do it without fucking up the finish?
>>
>>28320610
Not really
>>
...wood putty, you fucking retard.

Shit like this is exactly why wood putty was invented.

Jesus christ
>>
>>28320610
No, finish will always be fucked if you try to restore it
>>
It's a 110-year-old rifle, Anon; let it show its scars.

Also, nice white rifle.
>>
>>28320742
Normally I wouldn't mind cosmetic dents on my gun, but I'm pretty sure this was caused by the shipping company's uncaring employees. Looks fresh compared to the other dents.
>>
>>28320768
Post more gun pics. Show us her tits.
>>
File: image.jpg (980 KB, 2184x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
980 KB, 2184x3264
>>28320826
Sure. I posted this in a thread a couple days ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (669 KB, 1493x3216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
669 KB, 1493x3216
>>28320876
>>
File: image.jpg (757 KB, 1693x3241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
757 KB, 1693x3241
>>28320907
Magazine is detachable, which is kind of interesting.
>>
>>28320938
It's to make the action easier to clean. Partway through production they added a sort-of magazine lock on the front so that soldiers in the field wouldn't idly take their magazines in and out.
>>
>>28320967
Kind of glad mine doesn't have that. I do need to use a bullet to push the mag release, though.
>>
>>28320967
It's cool
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.