[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f6e_ 1392219642 >The vide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1439749976816.png (314 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
1439749976816.png
314 KB, 800x585
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f6e_1392219642

>The video shows the off-duty sergeant filling up at a pump when three men approach him demanding valuables, one of them pointing a gun.
>With his left hand, the sergeant appears to fumble in his pocket before pulling out his gun with his right hand and firing at the would-be robber, hitting him in the head.

You can't do anything when there's a gun in your face, they said. You must think you're Jason Bourne, they said. Grabbing wallet with your left and drawing with your right will never work, they said.

This off duty cop apparently has ninja-like hollywood-tier skills. Or maybe it's not that hard to distract a dumb criminal and defend yourself properly. Me: 1 - UKuck fag who disputed that this was possible: 0
>>
>>28314088
Now how much practice has he had to get that good? Probably a lot.
Train with your fucking guns.
>>
>>28314093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqAvFx3NxUM
>>
>>28314088
>implying limey Brits know anything when it comes to self defense or guns
Why would that even come across your mind instead of writing him off like the limey Brit he is?
>>
>>28314093
Absolutely. I'm just saying it's not impossible to do this when someone has a gun in your face like that.

To some idiots, this is literally hollywood-level unreal and will get you killed every time.
>>
I heard something about this once, that if you decide to you can pull and shoot before the person holding you at gunpoint even registers it.
>>
>>28314100
I hate you so much right now. I just got this song out of my head you fucking asshole.

>>28314105
It's those same idiots who probably never touch their guns (if they own any) outside of the range.
>>
>>28314109
>Wife is watching british spy show
>Spy takes a woman hostage with a derringer revolver to the head
>Guy is talking to the spy
>Spy deliberately cocks her revolver to up the tension

Now, I couldn't identify if the weapon was a dual action, but if someone were holding a person hostage with an uncock revolver, and I knew for certain it were a single action, I would rush them without hesitation.
>>
>>28314109

Action beats reaction etc.

Just get good on the draw through practice.
>>
>>28314125
They always do this shit with shotguns as well.
>>
>>28314109
If you practice drawing a lot and get it under 0.25 seconds you will probably stand a good chance against random street thugs. Especially if you play a long and distract them with wallet etc.
>>
>>28314093

So ARfags would get rekt because the number of bullets they put through their AR is inferior to the number of $ the gun cost them?
>>
File: ccw.gif (841 KB, 320x214) Image search: [Google]
ccw.gif
841 KB, 320x214
>>28314169
Practicing drawing costs nothing and in these situation its more important then standing on the range for hours to tighten up your groupings.

And if you get an airsoft/BB version of your CC gun you can get a lot of cheap training indoors in your own house.

No, i am not implying that BB/airshit can replace the real thing but it is a good substitute and the fact that it lacks recoil doesn't matter when practicing drawing and the first shot.
>>
>>28314180
If Haley-kun says it's a good replacement then it is.

http://youtu.be/GoHA-rhGeG4
>>
File: hello operator.jpg (39 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
hello operator.jpg
39 KB, 576x720
>>28314277
>If Haley-kun says it's a good replacement then it is.

Unless you are military and have ton of cash and free time i would even argue that its essential if you want to achieve any kind of decent level of quickness in drawing, getting on target and reloading.

Ofc you can do dry with your ordinary gun to but its just boring as fuck. Shooting airsoft/BB in your garage is actually fun/engaging enough that you will do the thousands of repetition necessary to reach a decent level of operativeness.

Just be sure to do it correctly. Don't do that pull > fire one shot > holster ten thousand times because you don't want to imprint the wrong behavior in to your muscle memory. This is where the toys actually have an advantage because people often do exactly this when they have to pay 50 cents per round.
>>
>>28314353
Force on force with airsoft is fun as fuck.

>Give friend rubber knife
>Get airsoft version of your CC
>Test 21' rule

Or

>Have friend mug you with airsoft
>Try to out draw his trigger finger
>>
>>28314093
cop->practice?
the other day a cop shot an airport practicing his quick draw.
>>
File: air refueling.webm (1 MB, 656x480) Image search: [Google]
air refueling.webm
1 MB, 656x480
>>28314093
The only cops that practice enough are the wannabe operators that do it on their free time.

>>28314368
Yep.

And just running around innawoods and shooting at friends while is both fun and good (physical)training. I honestly don't understands /k/ aversion towards airsoft.
>>
>>28314749
Muh toys!

But seriously airshit is fun as hell if everyone follows the rules and isn't a tryhard faggot like those green mountain ranger cucks.
>>
File: blind fire.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
blind fire.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>28314842
Yeah, shooting your friends with real boolets isn't that fun so they do fill a niche that real guns don't.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.