[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, how do you like XDm? I've shot it only once, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 56175.jpg (87 KB, 450x330) Image search: [Google]
56175.jpg
87 KB, 450x330
Hey /k/, how do you like XDm?

I've shot it only once, and immediately after shooting a compact handgun, so it felt AMAZING (I hate compacts). My usual gun is a SP-01, so the balance felt a little bit odd, but all in all I really liked the gun. Will be shooting it at the range next week, to see if it's really good, or was it just better than the annoying tinygun.
>>
>>28312676
I shot one once. I liked it. My accuracy was absolute shit with it, but I doubt it was the gun's fault. I swear I was holding steady and firing straight though.

It felt good to fire though. Good, managable recoil and a generally smooth feel to it. I'd recommend shooting it until you're sure it's something you can be accurate with.
>>
>>28312676
What's the differance between the XD and the XDm? Nicer trigger? All polished? More tactile? Better sights?
>>
>>28312676
I've got one in .45 ACP. The recoil is very mild, it holds 13+1, it's very accurate, and you can change the backstrap to fit the size of your hand. There's a few different barrel and grip sizes available to fit many applications. I'd shoot a couple first to get a feel of what you like, but I suggest that with every firearm purchase.
>>
>>28312850
It's got a supposed match grade barrel and trigger, along with a more aggressive grip texture.
>>
>>28312676
My dad has an xd in 9mm. Really don't like the gun because of a host of obvious reasons but it has never fucked up or given me any problems.
>>
>>28312922
Does it have the GRIP ZONE
>>
>>28312676
I really like my XDm, and my wife liked it so much she got one of her on. For a pistol that is shit on as a glock clone, it works well and is more accurate than i am.

The only thing that pisses me of about it are those 2 small holes in the grip up on the beavertail. I always end up getting a blister after shooting from it. Other than that, fine gun.

>>28312850
I dunno, the match grade thing seems a bit exaggerated. The main reason i got an XDm over an XD is because XDs don't feed semi wadcutters, and as a reloader, that shit is a deal breaker. For whatever reason, XDms eat up just about anything flawlessly. Another key difference is capacity. XDs with the exception of the .45 version have lower capacity than their XDm counterpart.
>>
>>28313014
Only the newer ones, it's really dumb that it's on there now because we all know that it's a grip.
>>
>>28313030
Huh, blisters? Didn't get them, but I only shot 25 rounds. I'll try putting a 100+ rounds down the range in one day and see if it affects me.

Thanks for the tip!
>>
>>28313056
I have a really high grip, so that may be part of the issue.

I'm also too stupid/can't be bothered to just put electrical tape over them, or try to smooth out the edges of the holes, or just wear gloves. It's a small issue that could be easily fixed, but still something to consider when purchasing.
>>
>>28312850
The M is supposed to be Match apparently and it had a match Barrel (which means fuck all because there is no standard for that)

Higher capacity and slightly thicker, different styling, different grip texture,adjustable grip, more options in the lineup and sweet pic rails on the case because reasons.

Think Gen 2 glock vs Gen 4 kinda.
>>
>>28312676

I want to like the XDM, a lot. The weight and feel of them are nice, shot my buddies tho and like every other XD I've shot, the trigger has no discernible breaking point. just, pull pull pull pull bang. you dont have that take up to a "wall" you get on nearly every other firearm.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.