[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /k/ how hard/easy is it to build an AR-15? heres what im
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: moe_odg.jpg (13 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
moe_odg.jpg
13 KB, 370x370
hey /k/ how hard/easy is it to build an AR-15?

heres what im assuming i need;

>complete lower (because i want one)
>upper
>bcg
>buffer and buffer spring
>mag

and i just put it together

is that correct?
>>
you can literally put together an AR from the ground up with a vice bolted to a plank, an armorer wrench, some punches and a hammer.

a child could do it.
>>
Do you even really need a torque wrench? I have access to one, but honestly the torque spec on most barrel nuts is not that high, like 65 foot pounds or something like that. You can pretty much just tighten until you think it's reasonably tight and just deal with it, especially if your barrel nut is jammed in place with a rail
>>
>>28311317
>a child could do it.
Obviously. Have you ever been in the /arg/ threads? Its mostly children
>>
>>28311288
I put together my first lower the other day, stupid easy only took half an hour. ran perfect too. I think uppers are a little more difficult though.
tl;dr just do it
>>
>>28311347
Yes goddamnit. too much and you blow the fucking rifle, sending shrapnel in your face and neck, or too little and the barrel wobbles and threads get fucked.

A torque wrench is cheap enough and you can fucking borrow one from an automotive store for a day.
>>
>>28311288
That's not even building, that's just assembling.
>>
Lower is easy and require very little tools, upper you will need more tools.It's not hard at all.
>>
>>28311347
No, I've build plenty of ARs and never had use for one.

You get it at least 30 pounds and you're a retard if you can't tell when you're hitting that and even more retarded when you do it hard enough to break anything
>>
File: 20141203_164447-1-1.jpg (1 MB, 3996x934) Image search: [Google]
20141203_164447-1-1.jpg
1 MB, 3996x934
>>28311450
I did mine properly, lube it with areroshell 33ms and then tighten and loose ×3 then tighten to the mil standard ft/lbs. I forgot what the exact lbs needed but midwayusa has a section dedicated to building an entire AR rifle.
http://www.midwayusa.com/general.mvc/index/how-to-build-ar-15-rifle
>>
>>28311288
lower looks easy on youtube but the upper part is where it concerns me cause of the gas tube and barrel installation
>>
File: uncomfy.webm (208 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
uncomfy.webm
208 KB, 720x404
>tfw already made my own AR from an 80% lower but still want to buy that Cody Wilson Ghost Gunner CNC mill for shits and giggles

Why
>>
>>28314268
Because inside you lives a rebel. And that rebel wants to stick it to the man.
>>
>>28314268
because it pisses off DIanne Kikestein, that's why,
>>
>>28311288
If you have an upper and complete lower you literally just clip it together. Its not building anything.
>>
>>28311357
>uppers are more difficult

Not really

>>28311381
A barrel nut torqued on too tight will not blow the barrel. You are fucking dumb
>>
>>28314378
>clip
>>
>>28311381
>too much and you blow the fucking rifle
Where are all you ignorant dipshits coming from
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.