[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fast can /k/ draw and fire their gun? Let's say the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 423289868.jpg (64 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
64 KB, 480x720
How fast can /k/ draw and fire their gun?

Let's say the target is a foot wide and 20ft away.
>>
Maybe, 21 feet is the suppsive your to late distance.
Id still try might have a knife wound in me but hopefully get a shot of
>>
>>28299311
What the hell did I just read?
>>
>>28299360
not sure
>>
>>28299311
The 21 foot rule assumes:
The knife attacker has his weapon drawn, the gun defender does not. (Unfair comparison.)
The defender does not move, either backwards to increase the time it takes the attacker to reach him, or sideways to sidestep the attack.
The defender does not use his off hand to defend himself in anyway.
>>28299360
Never heard of the 21 foot rule? It's a pretty famous thing.
>>
~1.75 seconds, hands raised above shoulder, IWB holster under a t-shirt @ ~4:30
>>
>>28299360
He illiterately tried to say that 20 ft is the minimum distance required to draw your gun and kill a knife attacker without self-injury with a 50% success chance, based on that 60s or 70s studies with the US police. I'll find the video and link it.
>>
>>28299386
Third anon here: never fucking heard of it.
>>
>>28299390
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_KJ1R2PCMM

Here we are
>>
>>28299397
A study showed that it was neigh impossible for a shooter to draw, aim, and fire a fire arm in the time it takes the average man to charge 21 feet, knife drawn, and stab them. People use this to argue that knives are better than guns for defense, but they are wrong for the reasons I stated in: >>28299386
I mean really, it takes just as long to draw a knife as it does a gun.
>>
I'm never condition one. I appendix carry so I'd probably be dead
>>
>>28299429
It does say, however, that knives are better to attack from concealment
>>
>>28299711
How so?
>>
>>28299263
My concealment to first shot on the A-zone of an IPSC target at 12yds. on a dry run averages 1.80 on the timer. Usually I can shave .20-.30 off of that after a few dry fire or live fire runs.
My best time ever was 1.43.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.