[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beretta PX4 Storm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: px4.jpg (138 KB, 720x482) Image search: [Google]
px4.jpg
138 KB, 720x482
Hello,

Just wanted some thoughts on the px4 storm it appears to have very solid reviews in the civil market but when it comes law enforcement they appear to prefer things like glocks. Any ideas why? Its primary purpose is for carry and home defense if it matters
>>
*civilian, oops
>>
its shit, that's why
>>
Looks okay, but striker fired pistols are the new hotness
>>
>>28296867
whats so bad about it though? I thought the rotating barrel actually helps with the recoil and such, and as for brand Beretta is pretty good
>>
>>28296655
Most cops can't shoot for shit.
They see things like safeties as another nuisance a double digit IQ patrolman has to deal with.
They like shit tier Glock garbage in DAO.
Saw some dizzy patrol bitch buying a gun at Palmetto the other day saying basically the same thing to the counter man.
Babby's first sidearm.
>>
>>28296655

That fucking saftey. Cannot puke enough.

Shoots okay. That rotating barrel thing doesn't do shit for recoil. But is kinda neat.

But fucking fuck that fucking fuck saftey.
>>
cops look for three things.

Is it cheap?

is it high capacity?

is it fast?

accuracy and quality mean jackshit when your trained to empty your magazine everytime you fire and won't get prosecuted for the consequences of your behavior.
>>
>>28296938

I plan on replacing it with something that sticks out less and from what I have seen it is actually pretty easy!

>>28296943

In my opinion anyways the px4 satisfies all three, so besides terrible training and probably poor accountability most law enforcement officers have it should still be pretty good
>>
>>28296655
Inferior ergos to a Steyr and with more felt recoil. Glocks have much more aftermarket. XD has a better trigger than SA, Steye trigger is better than the DA.

No reason to buy one unless you just want it.
>>
>>28296884
I was joking. Only gripe I have is the safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrd2mjVFNoM
>>
think the wife would be able to handle it in an emergency? she likes the way it feels in her hand but did not get to shoot it yet
>>
I remember when Canada customs and border security adopted the Px4.

Some Toronto liberals were bawwwwwing about for some reason or another. "People come to Canada and the first thing they see is a futuristic pistol! This is an outrage!".
>>
>>28296655
its shit. Maryland State Police passed on them because they were so trash. want a beretta? Get a M9A1

want a CC and HD gun? Get a 3rd gen Glock 19 and a few 33 rd mags for the bedstand.
>>
>>28297006
Stop thinking so little of the woman you married. It's not healthy. It's a 9mm for fucks sake, she would be able to handle it just like any other gun.
>>
>>28296964

If you replace the safety I won't scoff too hard.

If you shoot it well and it fits in your hand like your dick , go for it.

Male a thread on how you love it.
>>
>>28297014

Can' imagine someone complaining about the way a gun looks... but then again in California if it looks scary its banned so I am not too surprised haha. The px4 does look pretty cool though
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-15-21-02-49.png (4 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-15-21-02-49.png
4 MB, 2560x1440
>>28296655
The reason why most law LEA get their hands on glocks is because of price and marketing. Glock always caters more towards LE and sells their shit cheap in bulk to the agencies. With that being said glocks aren't shit, they're good quality reliable handguns, and so is the PX4. I own a px4 as well as a 92 and a couple of smith and wessons. I have owned glock in the past but just could not get used to the grip angle so I sold them. Bottom line, almost any handgun made by a reputable manufacturer like (Beretta, CZ, FN, S&W, HK, SIG etc) is going to be good to go. Take note that EVERY gun maker has lemons here and there and you shouldn't be discouraged by anybody telling you that this company is shit and this one isn't (most of the retards on this board). Every company has put out shit from time to time. The PX4 storm in my opinion is very reliable and accurate pistol. It fits really good in the hand and is pretty affordable. I would say if you want a PX4 storm then go for it, you won't be disappointed. So just get what you like and what feels good in your hand, fuck everything else.
>>
>>28297022

She has not really shoot anything else besides a 2.25 ruger sp101 years ago, its more of could she keep follow up shots on target easily and without too much training
>>
>law enforcement isn't a civilian market

You should not be allowed to own firearms and should kill yourself at the nearest opportunity with a PX4
>>
>>28297043

Actually I completely agree with this, I have tried several in the past couple of months and I must say the one that fit my hand most comfortably and was reasonably accurate was the px4 which is why its my number 1 choice at this point. Whats the aftermarket looking like? As big as glock? Any ammo youd recomment for defense?
>>
>>28297048

Rude. You know what I meant. I figured that if a police force deems something is good enough to carry that maybe I should look into it too. I am just a regular citizen looking to buy something to protect myself and my family, not to make a political statement
>>
>>28297069
Aftermarket isn't really there. There's enough for what I want to get for it. Holsters, night sights and weapon lights. You can also convert it to a g model (decocker only) with a couple of hand tools pretty easy as well as putting in a d spring to lighten the double action trigger pull. I'm pretty sure there is more aftermarket stuff out there for it but certainly no where near the amount there is for guns like glocks and smith and wessons.
>>
>>28296655
I own the subcompact and use it for carrying, and have for 7 years. over 5,000 rounds and 2 failures thanks to remshit

i owned a full-size for awhile but sold it 3 years later since I never shoot it
>>
>>28297069
That is the real problem - there is no aftermarket.

But you see all of the complaints in this thread? Retards who never owned one or looked into it, since they offer the thing without a fucking safety in a different model designation. Take opinions on /k/ with a grain of salt since most have no fucking clue what they are talking about, just vomiting what someone else said and lied bout on another forum someplace.
>>
>>28296655

I have a PX4 Compact that shares mags with my CX4. Love them both. 3-5 years later and zero problems with either. Go for it.
>>
>>28297069
>e
Also, all my defensive ammunition is winchester ranger T +P or Hornady critical duty +P.
>>
>>28297210

Alrighty I am gonna go for it then, thank you for the advice! I will definitely post back once I get a couple hundred rounds in
>>
Its a fine gun. There might be other guns people like better for a multitude if reasons, but people saying its a "shit" gun are morons.
>>
>>28297268
Glad I can help.
>>
>>28297069
>Whats the aftermarket looking like? As big as glock?
Nothing has as big of an aftermarket as Glock...I hope that changes eventually.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.