[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iraqi troops storm centre of Ramadi in bid to oust Islamic State
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: IRAQ-SPEC-OPS.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1384) Image search: [Google]
IRAQ-SPEC-OPS.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1384
I wonder if they're better trained now, look at all that nice US gear they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QOdDpSWQyo

Also thread music theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N5IQxrac6g
>>
That debris looks like a big hassle. Could a small armored vehicle with a heavy plow clear that or are they stuck with their single regular dozer?
>>
File: imperial-guard-chimera.jpg (25 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
imperial-guard-chimera.jpg
25 KB, 400x330
>>28290661
>>
The Iraqi army sucked hard on the invasion because they were all unpaid sunnis.
>>
>>28290058
>I wonder if they're better trained now

If I recalled correctly, the Iraqi special forces were the only people remaining, it was the standard army that gave up when confronted by ISIS. Of course, it's impossible for the special forces to win a war by themselves. Correct me if I am wrong, it's been awhile since I've read all this and I am simply pulling it from my memory on reuters or some similar site.
>>
File: kebab hand signals.png (1 MB, 916x1322) Image search: [Google]
kebab hand signals.png
1 MB, 916x1322
Not having to hear allah snackbar everywhere, even over the radio, is a vast improvement.
>>
>>28290770
that's pretty much right, the golden division is a decent fighting force unlike the rest of the iraqi army, they seem to be getting their shit together now though. Even if this trend continues though its going to be years before they take back Mosul and Fallujah.
>>
File: ISOF.jpg (532 KB, 1024x675) Image search: [Google]
ISOF.jpg
532 KB, 1024x675
>>28290058
They're alright. While they did have a few guys get captured and shot, they're still basically the best the Iraqis have.
https://youtu.be/zWb9DvqoCIQ?list=FLLSGxDmxNFc7rVppBUuvasg
I think these guys are also ISOF, not totally sure.
>>
Iraqi army training:
-call in air support
US leaves Iraq
-fuckin' Iraqis can't fight war for shit!

It's like you seriously expected something different...
>>
File: K-2C Carbine.jpg (307 KB, 1917x1077) Image search: [Google]
K-2C Carbine.jpg
307 KB, 1917x1077
>>28291005
Forgot to mention in the video you get to see some K-2C carbines in action, Daewoo rifles are somewhat rare in combat zones.
>>28291006
They're slowly getting their shit together, though I will emphasize slowly.
>>
>>28291005
Whos dead body is that theyre dragging?
>>
>>28291035
Thanks. I was wondering what rifle that was...

Hope the ISOF does some good; it'd be a nice break for them and the US's SF efforts.
>>
File: cpl person.jpg (22 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
cpl person.jpg
22 KB, 300x168
>>28290058

>"You know, Iraqis don't really seem good at fighting, but they never really completely surrender, either."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJPE2h3uyOc
>>
>>28291036
Probably one of their own guys.
https://youtu.be/KvkBe3B514g?list=FLLSGxDmxNFc7rVppBUuvasg
Another video of the same attack.
>>
where's the isis video of isof getting captured and executed. The whole time I was like whyyy would you just give up to a bunch of untrained animals knowing you're gonna get capped in the dome. You should've fought to the last bullet!
>>
>>28290058
Not surprised whatsoever, this is a baptism by fire for these guys give another 5-10 years. Truly can't expect much from them another than to not give up the fight, which they haven't, so I'm proud of these guys.
>>
Any chance delta is 'advising' them during this offensive?
>>
>>28291056
that guy will always be ziggy to me

fucking ziggy
>>
>>28294372
big
>>
>>28290058
>all that gucci gear

when will arabs learn that throwing money at dumbass conscripts doesn't produce good soldiers? probably never
>>
>>28294680

Except they're not just "dumbass conscripts." The ISOF is pretty much a brown version of US SF with less support.

We basically took a bunch of guys from Iraq that specificially had never been in combat, isolated them away from the rest of the Iraqi army and let our SF trainers go nuts on them for a long ass time. Scrubbed away the ALLAHU ACKBAR and replaced it with espirit de corp.

If I remember correctly, these guys arent even under command of the actual Iraqi Army. They act as some completely different branch. Definitely the most "western" military unit that Iraq has ever had.

Gotta respect the guys in the black pajamas
>>
>>28294761
They're gonna turn into Janissaries, aren't they?
>>
>>28294372
Not what cag does
>>28294761
>pretty much a brown version of US SF
They don't even do the same thing
>>
>>28290058
I thought all these guys were dead.
>>
>>28294895
I think Delta's last (known) casualty died when they're advising during that hostage rescue. They werent actually involved until shtf.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/10/23/what-the-armys-top-secret-commando-unit-delta-force-is-doing-back-in-iraq/
>>
>>28290058
why do all the fucking dune coons make cool as shit music for their military and we don't?
>>
File: 2015-06-09_13_04_23.0.gif (2 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-09_13_04_23.0.gif
2 MB, 500x209
>entire fucking city is booby trapped with IEDs

So how are they going to keep this from turning into a scene out of Mockingjay Part 2?
>>
>>28294895
They definitely do. They do all sorts of COIN and urban target removal/extraction. Delta still does ride alongs and advises. Theres been a few times they stepped in to support if shit gets real. But it's largely the ISOFs show.

Like I said, these guys have way less support from the regular armed forces because they're part of some special counter-terror branch of the government.
>>
>>28290058
some of the iraqi sf guys are the same hard dicks that were fighting with us while we were there, they have my respect.

Nothing like the shit fucking ana fucks in afg fuckers would turn on you if the wind changed.
>>
>>28294761
Would love to look at the sources concerning this?
>>
>>28295099
I never understood why the oil following them was so deadly, it's not like they set it on fire or anything. Also, it seems really elaborate when they could've just gassed or auto-turreted the invaders.
>>
>>28294857

I hope so. Besides, janissaries were a Turkish idea, and they've nearly always had their shit together.
>>
his mom lets him have TWO vert grips??
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.