[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welp another reminder that if you actually buy from Smith &a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13
File: sith and wesson.jpg (72 KB, 560x396) Image search: [Google]
sith and wesson.jpg
72 KB, 560x396
Welp another reminder that if you actually buy from Smith & Wesson you hate everything right with the world.

http://bearingarms.com/sith-wesson-loses-minds/?utm_source=bafbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=baupdate
>>
I put my M&P 9C up for sale today. I got it for $300, and I got 3 free mags AND a $50 rebate from it.

So $250 for a handgun I barely used with 5 mags and night sights. I don't think I can lose.

I'm probably going to get an FNS-9C or a H&K P30SK
>>
>>28289881
How did you like it? New trigger or the shitty old one?
>>
File: 1026151203~01.jpg (166 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1026151203~01.jpg
166 KB, 1024x576
I don't care. I still like them.
S&W cares not what the individual does with their guns, only what other companies are.
>>
File: 1428461538580.png (615 KB, 677x650) Image search: [Google]
1428461538580.png
615 KB, 677x650
>>28289854
> deadline of 1/5/2015
they are so pissed about this, they want it done last year
>>
>>28289854
Who cares? And anyone who sells OPs pic has a shitty taste in guns. My god that's a disgrace. Who the fuck would buy that.

Still going to by an M&P 9 though.

M&P 9 > G19
>>
>>28290506
there's also XD
>>
>>28290669
nice meme
>>
>>28289854
Looks like a gun from titanfall
>>
>>28290506
No one will be buying it because it's not for sale. It's an example of what you can do to your gun via the aftermarket
>>
>>28289854
what's the case here exactly? I can buy a frame and trick it out however the fuck I want, how is it S&W 's business? As long as they're not claiming they invented it how is it infringement?
>>
>>28289854
what a bunch of double niggers.
>>
>>28290976
S&W doesn't want you to know it's a S&W because then you'll know that they sell guns that you can pimp
>>
Why the fuck would a company ever go after people offering aftermarket support for their products? People love aftermarket items and will buy a base product just because of good support.
>>
File: 1450130673692.jpg (42 KB, 568x311) Image search: [Google]
1450130673692.jpg
42 KB, 568x311
>>28290669

>XD
>>
File: nothing matters.jpg (139 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
nothing matters.jpg
139 KB, 600x404
>>28289854
its a gimmick idea t cash in on the star wars band wagon of money like everyone else is doing
theyre a business at the end of the day, so somebody some where will buy it and like it. Remember when guys tacticooled their guns with zombie style because the walking dead was so popular?
Who cares
>>
>>28289854
Well, that's really dumb. I get a company that wants to protect their trademark, but threatening legal action against aftermarket manufacturers like this makes no sense.
>>
>>28291073

Because any jigaboo with a soldering iron can stiple a grip and sell the gun. You can't however modify S&W's product, make it your product, then continue advertising it as a S&W M&P. If Lone Wolf started cutting off trigger guards, stipling grips with waffle irons and electro-penciling the fuck out of Glocks, and continued to sell them as Glocks, Glock would do the same thing. People may think this shitty design is a Glock factory offering and it would debase Glocks name.

You can buy a product, modify it, and resell it under a different name; and no one can do shit to you. Like Hennessey does with the Venom. You can also offer services for instock products because you're differentiating the product and service. You cannot however buy a product, modify it, and resell it under a trademarked name like Apex was doing without drawing ire from the trademark holder.

Apex was marketing a tuned up M&P as an "Apex S&W M&P Dreamgun". The S&W logo, S&W name, and M&P name were included after they'd productized by Apex, Had they just called it an "Apex Dreamgun" and removed or covered the S&W owned trademarks there'd have been no issue.

Now why would S&W go after one of their biggest allies? This is a strictly legal matter. Had they ignored Apex's violation it would have been precedent that could have been brought up in the future when Jimbob the shit fiddler starts selling productized M&P pistols under the same circumstances. It could even lead to S&W losing the trademark on both the S&W as well as M&P names since they did not put forth due effort to retain their trademark claim in the past. It's that whole "prior art" thing that would have been paraded out in court and S&W could get been shafted.
>>
>>28291598

People are also flipping shit about the actions S&W is requiring. These are copy pasta directly from every other cease and desist letter that's ever been penned. The company reads between the lines, modifies the remaining stock to not contain the trademarked name and says "Nope, we aint got none of those left. Only this brand new product that happens to be compliant with the plaintiff's demands."

So the teenagers on k can get all weepy about never buying another S&W because they're assholes/gonna sue me for modding it/gun grabbers/done goofed or whatever. We could use some new memes around here. The actuality of it is S&W is protecting their brand, like they should, and this letter is an official "hey bro, rename your product" notice. Apex would be stupid to take this to court. The people who sent this letter to Apex are most likely not even S&W, they're a law firm representing S&W who really does have S&W's best interests in mind but also knows this gives them the ability to bill S&W because they're helping.

So please continue the middle school angst about never buying a S&W again because it's still kinda funny watching kids get booty blasted about real life shit that they don't understand. Maybe if you could work in some stuff about being mad at clouds for raining and ruining your hotpockets or something it would be a little more entertaining.
>>
>>28291598
>>28291666
shitandwesson legal team pls go and stay go
>>
>>28291666
That's funny.
90% of the fat fucks over at arfcom were throwing a fit over this.
I'm inclined to agree with you. It's wholly in S&Ws right to say "don't say you're selling our shit when you do x and y to it."
>>
File: w7u17.jpg (57 KB, 655x500) Image search: [Google]
w7u17.jpg
57 KB, 655x500
>>28289854
>>28289854
getting BTFO in the last thread wasnt enough so you had to come back for more?

for those of you who missed the commie OPs first dildo thread today here is a refresher.

OP believes that S&W shouldn't be allowed to defend their name brand which is being used without permission by various companies marketing their parts while on S&W guns.

OP doesnt believe that another company using your companies image to market their parts alongside your companies name can be damaging to your company.

OP believes that S&W seeking a court order for the return of of any altered S&W property illegally used for marketing non S&W parts is "gun grabbing" by S&W.

OP believes that S&W hasnt changed from the 90s and that a corporate dispute with a few other companies is somehow the equivalent of them signing the suport for the assault weapons ban more than 20 years ago.

OP will call everyone a shill that points out that hes an idiot and that a lawsuit between 2 companies over trademark infringement isn't gun grabbing or unreasonable, and at the same time with talk shit on the american gun industry and american engineering.

OP cant distinguish between personal property, 2nd amendment rights and criminal law, and business and corporate rights and law.
>>
>>28291691

Daykare time is over. Get out.

>>28291710

Arfcom jumped the shark when they started all that cola warrior shit. It was bad enough any picture was picked apart by safety nazis but that cola warrior clique is just terrible. I'm not surprised they're all jacked up over dumb shit. They've chased off all their good posters.
>>
>>28291710
>>28291732
>>28291749
S&WIDF get out
>>
>>28291767
Go shitpost on b, faggot.
>>
>>28291767
>>28291691
Apex please, get a competent lawyer of go to a business law school to learn how trademark law works.
>>
>>28291598
>>28291666
we went over all this in the thread earlier today and faggot OP and various trolls just kept the logical fallacy wheel a spinnin'

OP is a fucking retarded child, and most likely a communist that hates that people other than himself are allowed to own things and cant deal with the very adult idea that when you buy a product from a company it doesnt give you the right to use the logo on that product to sell your own products under that logo.

OP shouldn't be allowed to own guns or fly on airplanes
>>
>>28291806
>buy ford from dealer
>do custom paint job
>sell your custom painted ford on craigslist
>get sued by ford for not removing all decals and informing others that its in fact a ford that they are buying
>>
>>28292185
>Fail to differentiate between individual rights and the rights of businesses.
>>
>>28292232
but anon, according to the supreme court they're the same thing!
>>
>>28292232
>all custom shops of every industry in existence is infringing on copyright law by modifying private property
>companies who brand their products and sell to other companies are entrapping them.
>>
>>28292185
More like

>Licensed business buys ford F150 fleet vehicles direct from ford for dealership cost
>Lifts it, puts new wheels on
>Raptard paint scheme
>Some harbor freight winch and the businesses 'custom' fenders
>Tint the windows
>Sell it in lot as a "Ford Raptor Ultra"
>Use ford logo in advertising

Ford would sue the shit out of someone for this.
>>
>>28292278
Custom shops don't usually serve businesses, they work for individuals who has the right to do as they please with what is theirs. A business must take greater care in avoiding infringment.

Go to the Salient arms website and try to find pictures of brand labels, you won't find any on their website only from people who buy them, they are only representing their service and their product not glocks or S&Ws.
>>
>>28292305
we've been through this time and time again, dont waste the text, asshole wont listen.

If he were a horse Id have him put down.
>>
>>28292338
I'm bored at work and thought it was a good analogy, felt like typing.
>>
>>28292305
>exaggerating to support your poor argument

when did anyone re brand the S&W as an existing s&w brand upgrade? when did anyone put shitier parts on it?
>>
>>28289854
S&W just wants the exclusive rights to the innovations these companies have developed for their product.
Totally undermines consumer confidence in their garbage handguns but whatever, do what you will.
>>
File: 1310631581485.jpg (91 KB, 287x360) Image search: [Google]
1310631581485.jpg
91 KB, 287x360
>>28289854
>>28290455
>>28290506
>>28291532
We should call our local S&W dealers and their main office asking to buy the Brownells series M&P
>>
File: 1446654525035.jpg (103 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1446654525035.jpg
103 KB, 480x480
>people in this thread actually think S&W is in the wrong
>>
File: 41C0kGrEnmL._SY300_.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
41C0kGrEnmL._SY300_.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
Nah I prefer water and spraygun
>>
>>28289854
Well shit, while old man Ruger started the ten round nonsense, his kids have made amends. Looks like I'll be getting a ruger in .44 magnum instead or a smith and wesson.
>>
>>28289854
I mean, come on Smith and Wesson even names their new gun lines the M&P implying it's only for military and police. Kind of reminds me of Colt and Eotech's faggotry of etching "law enforcement use only" on their products.
>>
>>28289854
Why would a company be upset about free publicity?
>>
>>28293290
Because if it functions poorly/unsafe due to the aftermarket shit they don't want it associated with their brand.
>>
>>28291598
>>28291666

So all they have to do is remove the S&W mark and cease marketing it as an S&W gun and they're good to go?
>>
If they had said "Built on a S&W M&P", would they have been in the clear?
>>
>>28293347
Yes

>>28293337
Exactly
>>
>>28293375
Seems pretty reasonable, honestly.
>>
>>28293333
>>
>>28293383
Yep, S&W is just saying "Stop selling this as an S&W dream gun, it's an Apex dream gun, it's not from our performance center and people are dumb enough to assume we did the work if you sell it with our name"

They're also trying to avoid doing anything that would make other companies think they could pass off custom work as S&W performance work in the future.
>>
>>28293414

>stop selling this

S&W autists please hang yourselves.

No guns are being sold.

This is all tech demo stuff to demonstrate drop in parts you can buy on brownells.

S&W is shitting the bed with this move.
>>
>>28292185
>Shitpost on k.
>Feel like I'm somebody special because I made fun of a brand I don't like.
>Suck like 100 if the biggest, blackest dicks I can find.
>It was a good day.
>>
>>28292338
>If he were a horse Id have him put down.

If he were a little brother I'd have him put down.

Tell me that not all 16 year olds are this stupid. Please.
>>
>>28292808
Go home Steve Harvey. You're wrong again.
>>
>>28293337
Yes.
>>
>>28289854
I see nothing wrong. Has anyone here heard of trademarks or copyright laws?
>>
>>28293908
Can we get this guy a safety for his keyboard? When he sucks dicks the balls bounce on his keys and make him say stupid shit.
>>
>>28289854
Someone give me a a quick overview of what is going on, that article is a mess and I can't make heads or tails what it means.
>>
>>28294425
Brownell's had a custom S&W M&P designed by a few companies to show off at SHOT show. S&W sent cease and desist letters to all of them. It's within S&W's rights to tell someone not to use their logo / product for advertising, but at the same time it's dumb because they're losing free advertising from several companies that are part of their market.
>>
>>28291598
>>28291666
I know its 2015, but not everything needs to involve a kike lawyer

S&W calls up Apex, "Hey, can you take our name & product line off the dream gun? I dont want to get a lawyer involved."
>>
>>28291666
/thread
>>
>>28294456
Interesting, thank you.
>>
>>28291732
Dude you totally miss the point. This is like JEEP getting pissy about General Grabber running an ad for their tires and having them be in a Jeep. Or suing a custom shop for saying "we do custom work on Jeeps"
>Custom shop says "if you buy s&w look at all the cool things we can do to it"
>More people buy s&w
>S&w get butt hurt
>>
I wonder how many are going to SHOT show anyways but just put little smiley face stickers or something over the sw logos
>>
>>28294546
>Dude you totally miss the point. This is like JEEP getting pissy about General Grabber running an ad for their tires and having them be in a Jeep. Or suing a custom shop for saying "we do custom work on Jeeps"
>>Custom shop says "if you buy s&w look at all the cool things we can do to it"
>>More people buy s&w
>>S&w get butt hurt

Go back and re-read the complaint. You still don't understand what's happening.
>>
>>28294467

>S&W calls up Apex, "Hey, can you take our name & product line off the dream gun? I dont want to get a lawyer involved."

That's exactly what happened. Do you get butt blasted by other common business norms?
>>
>>28289881
Sell it to me. srs.
>>
>>28294582
No I read it. I think you dont get it.
Its not "hey stop saying you make our guns" its "hey stop saying you customize our guns."
>Rock your glock does this
>Glock has no issues
>>
>>28295309
>No I read it. I think you dont get it.
>Its not "hey stop saying you make our guns" its "hey stop saying you customize our guns."
>>Rock your glock does this
>>Glock has no issues

No. It's saying stop using our trademarks on a product you make. Once Apex productizes the gun it cannot have S&W trademarks. There is nothing in the letter saying Apex cannot customize S&W guns. If Apex sells a service it's legal and no way infringes S&W's trademarks.

You still don't fucking understand. Go back to the kiddie table.
>>
>>28295480
>Go back to the kiddie table
>So you don't have to watch me attempt to cum inside my own mouth again and again
Eat shit, you fucking retard.

If Apex was selling these as "Apex Guns. Made by Apex, S&W Eats Shit!" then S&W would sue them for the patent infringement on 90% of the parts used, because they're actually S&W parts. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

So S&W pulls up this ultra-retarded, fucked-in-the-ass-ten-times court case to pull this shit and convince everyone that the general counsel at S&W should all drown themselves in the bathtub because they just turned many large retailers against them.
>>
>>28290669

>XD

Why would anyone buy an HS2000 that should be $200???
>>
OP from yesterday's morning thread here.

Glad to know that /K/ is full of bootlicking retards who will bow down to every request sent to them by certified mail.

Get fucked SWIDF :^)
>>
>>28295514
>If Apex was selling these as "Apex Guns. Made by Apex, S&W Eats Shit!" then S&W would sue them for the patent infringement on 90% of the parts used, because they're actually S&W parts. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

You're a goddamn mongoloid if you don't understand this. Apex was working with Brownells to sell the Apex Dreamgun.

https://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/apex-news/apex-teams-with-top-custom-builders-on-brownells-dream-gun/

There's a picture of it in the fucking OP. In the picture in the fucking OP you can see the S&W trademarked logo on the fucking slide. These guns are an Apex product. Apex buys an M&P, modify it, and sell it as an Apex Dreamgun. If they blow the fuck up and kill their users S&W doesn't want to be associated with them since they have no control over the final product that Apex sells. If they don't address this now it could be used against them in the future for inaction to defend their trademark and their trademark could be invalidated.

There is no patent infringement. You still aren't grasping what's happening here. This is a cease and desist letter, otherwise known as business as usual. Get the fuck back to the kiddie table while the adults talk.
>>
File: FNS-9c Close Up 2_zpsfodt4sjg.jpg (427 KB, 1024x1497) Image search: [Google]
FNS-9c Close Up 2_zpsfodt4sjg.jpg
427 KB, 1024x1497
>>28289881
FNS-9c
>>
File: 1433347594722.jpg (178 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1433347594722.jpg
178 KB, 499x499
>>28296035
>These guns are an Apex product. Apex buys an M&P, modify it, and sell it as an Apex Dreamgun
>sell it

Show me in that article where they specifically state their intent to SELL THAT particular gun, and guns like it.

I'll wait.
>>
>>28296035

I don't know why people are arguing this instead of listening to people (like you) that have an understandin of it
>>
>>28296035

If you would read your own fucking link, you'd realize that this gun is not listed for sale and nowhere is it implied that the gun will be sold. In fact, your link explicitly states the gun is used to showcase parts and services at SHOT show.

That's also the conclusion S&W came to after doing reading literally the first Google search on "M&P dream gun," hence the public apology and retraction of demands.

You're wrong, get fucked. The entire premise of the cease and desist letter hinged on the potential sale of the gun. Since the gun is not for sale, there's nothing wrong with what Broenells, Apex, etc., did. This was also a bad business maneuver for many reasons, which is why S&W is retracting their demands.
>>
>>28289854
They're suing them for selling/marketing a completely modified pistol as a new M&P
>>
>>28293337
Yes
>>
My interpretation of the situation now is basically that a bunch of corporate lawyers who don't know much about guns flipped out, and then the actual gun guys at the company saw what was going on and told them to calm the fuck down.
>>
>>28296193

Which is why they cancelled an apologized when they realized Apex and Brownell's weren't selling guns, just the parts

http://bearingarms.com/smith-wesson-fully-understand-dream-gun-project-apologizes/
>>
>>28296248

pretty much this.

still I refuse to buy ant S&W gun ever because of their prior collusion with the Clinton administration to institute round caps for guns and frame locks as well as 'smart' guns among other egregious violations of my rights.

http://clinton4.nara.gov/WH/New/html/20000317_2.html

>Weapons attractive to criminals. Authorized dealers and distributors will not sell large capacity ammunition magazines or semiautomatic assault weapons.
>semiautomatic assault weapons.
>semiautomatic
>assault weapons.
S&W can choke on a bag of dicks.
>>
>>28296058
>>28296114

>Acknowledges advertising a trademark violation.
>Gets caught in the semantics
>Continues streak of faggotry another day
>>
>>28293228
>squirtgun
Literally better looking than the POS in OP
>>
>>28289854
False alarm everyone
http://bearingarms.com/smith-wesson-fully-understand-dream-gun-project-apologizes/
>>
>>28296957
>still I refuse to buy ant S&W gun ever because of their prior collusion with the Clinton administration to institute round caps for guns and frame locks as well as 'smart' guns among other egregious violations of my rights.
You do know that S&W went bankrupt and is now owned by completely different people, don't you? Do you also boycott Ruger for what Bill Ruger did even though he's been dead for 13 years and the new owners of the company do a ton of shit that would piss him off?
>>
>>28296957
but anon, how will S&W choke on a bag of dicks when you've already consumed all of the dicks?
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.