[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grab MP5, go innaNew York City
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14
File: TCTD_promo_facebook_203826.jpg (83 KB, 560x313) Image search: [Google]
TCTD_promo_facebook_203826.jpg
83 KB, 560x313
Did any other anons get alpha access for The Division?

Some things of note:
>fucking huge map
>non retarded AI
>every sort of attachment, up to and including Omega suppressors
>non retarded cover based combat
>more loot than Destiny

Don't be bothered by:
>Borderlands style dumping mags
Damage is nice and allows for intense firefights with a tasteful length

Also the Dark Zone is the tits. You can make squads with randos and work together to secure gear, explore, and hunt down faggots who shoot on sight.

The only possible downfall is if the DZ turns into GTA where little kids run around and shoot on sight. But of course if they piss enough people off, you have a nice little vigilante squad to go hunt their sorry asses down.

And it has MOSINS
>>
>Scar H
>ACOG FDE
>Magpul vert grip FDE
>Omega can

>SAW
>increased ROF mods
>MARPAT
>ACOG
>RVG
>suppressor
>>
File: 20151212_013642.jpg (89 KB, 512x911) Image search: [Google]
20151212_013642.jpg
89 KB, 512x911
>>28288714
Forgot picture
>>
File: 1440723742135.jpg (219 KB, 775x734) Image search: [Google]
1440723742135.jpg
219 KB, 775x734
>>28288722
>>28288714
>>28288688
>>>>>>/v/
>>
File: 1357662677970.gif (386 KB, 420x240) Image search: [Google]
1357662677970.gif
386 KB, 420x240
>>28288823
>stalker is /k/ related
>there's a thread on Insurgency right now

You can fuck right off
>>
Pls no shill
>>
File: 1440829983467.jpg (1 MB, 1424x1424) Image search: [Google]
1440829983467.jpg
1 MB, 1424x1424
>>28288846
no fuck off, this isn't /v/ no one cares.
>>
File: 1441476360932.jpg (75 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1441476360932.jpg
75 KB, 500x495
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>28288846
Anime is not weapon related either fuck wit.
>>
looks like generic shit 2bh
>>
>>28288688

How big are we talking, exactly? In regards to the map.

>>28288714

Can I put an AFG on the SCAR?
>>
>>28288868
>>28288823
>>28288887
>>28288890

/k/iss me for I give no fucks.
>>
>>28289111
Think GTA, but with more detailed interiors

I did not find one, but there probably are some. I did find a red Fortis Shift grip though.
>>
>>28288688
But does it have mausers
>>
>>28289176
There might be, I couldn't tell you. I did find:
>mosin
>870
>590A1
>249
>416
>multiple MP5 variants
>1911
>.357 revolver
>RPK74
>Classic AK47 (not AKM, not anything else, exactly a true AK47)
>>
>>28289206
hows the customization
>>
>>28289174

Actually, a google search showed one in this render, but who knows if it's actually in the game. This has to be one of the better looking ARs in gaming though (that fucking UBR and handguard with the paracord looping in and out).

Was the SCAR-H a regular/cqb model or the DMR model shown in that first trailer? Way more interested in the CQB than the DMR.

>>28289206

What kind of .357? Is it something cool like a model 19 or the usual trashy stainless 8 inch barrel shit in games? What kind of furniture does the 590 have (pistol grip or rifle stock)?

This game has the potential to have the greatest operator aesthetic in gaming (the fucking backpacks and grayman-tier shit are the best), i've been hoping pretty hard that they don't fuck up the weapons or map.
>>
>>28288688
fuck off shill
>>
File: 1440828365190.png (146 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
1440828365190.png
146 KB, 480x352
>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>
>>28289224
Looks like that gucci AR that Salient sells.
>>
File: null-19.jpg (193 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
null-19.jpg
193 KB, 1024x768
>>28289224
I had the standard rifle length.

357 as such.
590 was rifle stock.
Also there was a Benelli M4 I want to say, with the full stock.
>>
>>28289268

Jesus Christ I don't care if you're a shill, you're selling me on this game hard if you're telling the truth. Do you have any screenshots?

Seriously, blued .357 revolvers are fucking non-existent in games. It is blued right?
>>
>>28289224
Give me an email and I'll see if I can get you an invite to the beta
>>
>>>/v/
>>
Wait are they actually going to risk having to pay manufacturer licensing for using these guns?
Or is it okay because it's TOM CUHLANCEY?

Anyways, successful shill is successful, I'm a bit interested in this. /k/nons better be forming groups on this shit
>>
>>28289335
Holy shit you retards are insufferable
THEY DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE COMPANIES ANYTHING AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT USE TRADEMARKS OR LOGOS
>>
>>28289335
>paying companies to use their guns
Not a real thing. Gun companies would sometimes pay game developers to add their gun to the game and feature it's name prominently, like the massive Remington engraving on the MSR In MW3
>>
>>28289318

Eh, not posting an email on 4chan. Isn't that all xbone only anyways? Probably gonna get it on ps4 because my pc sucks.
>>
>>28289398
Just Make a burner email. Like [email protected]
>>
>>28288688
Wait, the nugget is in game?
>>
>>28289464
Yes. Albeit with a god awful scope mount
>>
So what's the setting of this game? Some sort of outbreak BTFOs humanity?
>>
>>28289624
Virus on the cash money during black Friday.
>>
>>28289624
Bio shit goes down in NYC and you're part of some organisation to to something. I don't know.

All you did in the alpha was set up a COP and rescue a Doctor to staff it. You earn points to upgrade your COP with technicians, security, and medical staff.
>>
50c has been deposited to your account. Keep those helmets flying, heisters ;^)
>>
>>28289174

You're not implying that the map is as big as GTAV right? Or do you mean just the city portion? Seems kinda hard ot believe.
>>
>>28288688
You Forgot.

>Instanced Zones.
It's not played as a huge map.

>>non retarded cover based combat
That is where you are wrong.

>>more loot than Destiny
Except Destiny is shit and loot in any 3rd/1rst shooter means MMO elements. The worst strand of the genre.
>>
>>28289355

You're right, but looking at some of the footage, the names for optics get as specific as "T2 Micro" and "EXPS3 holographic sight".

Optic variety is looking pretty great actually, with at least two eotechs for instance (the EXPS3 and the 512).

That's by far the most specific i've ever seen a game get with accessories. I doubt money is changing hands though, they're probably just getting ballsier.
>>
>>28289967
New York is fuckin big bro bro
>>
>>28290099

And reproducing it in a video game is fucking hard, bro. City maps require massive amounts of money and development time.
>>
>>28289967
>>28289999
It is zoned, but like Borderlands it's pretty big. Alleys, streets, and rooftops are accessible, and there are lots of shops, apartments, and big buildings that are open.

The cover based is actually done really well.
It has that Borderlands gun feel, where you find say a 1911 and then ten minutes later find a better one. Except now you can strip your attachments like suppressor, extendo mag, stronger/weaker recoil spring, and paint job over to the new one as well.

I'm really regretting not taking more pictures. The NDA kind of had me worried.
>>
>>28290156

I'm not too concerned about raw map size as long as there are lots of detailed interiors. So that sounds good I guess.

Don't really care for rearranging my inventory every mission or whatever but as long as the weapon variety is good then whatever. Sounds like the game is going for some real rustic shit if there are actually blued .357s and wood furniture 870 expresses/stock 590A1s.

Can you swap handguards and stocks on the ARs for example or is it mostly just changing rail accessories/magazines?
>>
>>28290202
Just accessories and paint, but also clothes, hats, glasses, knee/elbow pads, and backpacks.
>>
>>28290260

The backpacks are great, games never make their characters look burdened by gear or anything. But it still has that fucking stupid "strapped to the side of the backpack" thing for your unequipped weapon. Wish more games would show those guns slung on your hip or elsewhere.
>>
So should I get it for xbox one or pc?
>>
>>28291143

RS:S already has hackers and shit on pc, I generally get third person action games on console and you probably should too as long as you don't have some massive KB+M preference or care about the graphical differences.
>>
>>28291164
>RS:S

wat
>>
>>28291194

Rainbow six siege, another ubishit game.
>>
Hm, is this alpha only for Xbone fucks?
>>
>>28291441
Yeah
>>
I don't care if you're a shill, this sounds awesome
>mfw form nugget squad with friends
>mfw wrecking NATOshit
>mfw motherland
>>
>>28289434
b0ss pls
[email protected]
>>
>>28289174
any woods/ suburbs areas or is it all city?
>>
>>28291660
Central Park

>>28291642
>[email protected]

Is this real? I'll invite you
>>
File: my body is ready.gif (413 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
my body is ready.gif
413 KB, 300x200
>>28291747
How big is central park?
>>
>>28291747
Is there anything for PC? I'd love it if so [spoiler][email protected][/spoiler]. I hope it doesn't need to be tied to a uplay account.
>>
>>28288688
Here's a burner email, send me something so I can send my actual.
[email protected]
>>
>>28291747
It's real. I originally made it for change.org, but I guess it will be serving a better purpose now!
>>
Fuck I got the code but forgot about it and missed the window to play
>>
I'm disappointed that massive didn't just make a new RTT, considering Ground Control and World on Conflict are both good series and are what they specialize is.
>>
>>28291889
>>28291869
>>28291766
Sent an invite to the beta wait list. You'll have to preorder if you want instant access I guess.
>>
>>28291917
Holy shit I totally forgot about Ground Control. I gotta play that again.
>>
>>28288714
sounds cod as fuck
>>
>>28288722
looks cod as fuck
>>
>ubisoft shills on my /k/
>>
Most more shittty cellphone pics of the game OP

Specifically /k/ related
>>
File: pjexokat73ljxthl2um9.jpg (200 KB, 632x354) Image search: [Google]
pjexokat73ljxthl2um9.jpg
200 KB, 632x354
>get destiny
>developed by atleast 50% of the company that made all the good halo games and had a spotless track record
>Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST and Reach were all masterpieces in their own rights and must plays if you like not hyper realistic FPS games or competive arena based multiplayer
>net code still some of the best, least laggyest in the industry
>Expecting this fucking game to rock my goddamned world
>muh 500 million dollars development cost
>muh bungie
>muh online MMO where I will kinda space magic operate with a bunch of my bros on epic journies
>instead get some shitfuck pile of garbage
>developers have no vision or direction of how to make the game
>concept of a carrot-on-a-stick does not even occur to them
>game is boring as fuck on everything except the 6 man raid, which is one of the best pieces of gaming ever
>get a super laggy piece of shit
>get an "MMO" where you can't talk with people or even matchmake to do the raid (Had to go to a fucking craigslist LFG type tool to find raid buddies, or post in the Destiny general on /vg/)
>only allowed to do it once a week
>get tired of the game after two weeks total

>new online MMO proposed by a studio whose recent track record in the last 5 years has been rocky at best at best
>butcher ghost recon advanced warfighter by making the fun but clearly inferior future soldier
>butcher rainbow six vegas by making rainbow six siege which really is a 60 dollar should-have-been-free-to-play counter strike clone
>butcher splinter cell by taking a huge dump over it then killing michael ironside
>haven't really murdered assassins creed really but have milked it dry like the fucking cow it is
>far cry 3 was pretty cool but far cry 4 is literally the same shit and far cry primal is going to be a far cry without guns
>implying these people can succeed where bungie failed

TLDR
>expect Ubisoft to deliver on the promises that the kings of multiplayer could not

The game is going to be fucking shit and I'm not excited.
>>
>>28293106
Alpha ended like a week ago. That's all I took
>>28293051
>posting actual content
>>
>>28290014
So can you sell off your eotechs and get back the same amount you buy it for in-game?
>>
>>28290014
>I doubt money is changing hands though, they're probably just getting ballsier.

Ubisoft is a multi billion dollar corporation. They don't just infringe on trademarks to be ballsy.

Money may have traded hands, however they could always ask for the license for free if a competitors product was in the game. If Aimpoint lends their name to the game, and you go and ask L3 "Hey I want to put eotechs in the game. By the way, if you say no, we have Aimpoints in the game and they will be the only sight like that" they are going to say yes.

it was like racing games - For Gran Turismo and others no one wanted to have their cars get fucked up. A condition of being in the game was no damage showing on the car, ever. Had to always be pristine. Any games with damage modeling needed to have fake brands. Eventually one of the big name racing games convinced one car manufacturer to put their cars in a racer with realistic damage modeling, and then everyone else had to agree to get on board or else they just wouldn't be in the game. It's better to get free advertising than none.

Forza Motorsport MIGHT pay Ferrari or the super high end brands for car licenses, but I guarantee you if Ford wants specific things in the game they will leverage their fees and licensing costs to make it benefit them.

>include these three cars we want in the game, and we won't make you pay for these other three.
>>
Can someone beta me? [email protected]
>>
>>28293416
Just google the beta and get on the wait list
>>
>>28289224
>wow, it actually has a Magpul logo
>wow, it's a real product
>wait, everything on that rifle is real

Red Storm really knows what they're doing
>>
>>28293163

Destiny never had any soul, the art style was always shit, the world was always uninteresting, the story is literally who cares, the only halfway cool idea they had was the traveler... and they didn't even make it part of the game. Simple things would have made destiny better, but it was never going to be better.

This game is way more grounded, the character models are probably the best in any video game in terms of operatorness, and the levels are going to be way more enjoyable to explore than the empty nothing that is destiny. Sure it has the preachy bullshit"MONEY KILLS" story background but I don't think that will matter too much ingame.

Most people liked blacklist and siege, by the way, but siege definitely should have been like $20 at most. Asscreed and far cry are beyond saving and are basically political agenda pushers for ubisoft, but at least tom clancy games are looking up.

>>28295142

Either they actually got licensing rights from magpul or that's some early model he copied from reference 1:1. Hopefully that rifle appears exactly like that in the game and doesn't disappear into the devhole because it's sexy as fuck.
>>
>>28293163
Except Rainbow Six Siege us good senpai, just gotta get over everyone circlejerking about it not having singleplayer. It was most certainly worth $60 for me. Already have about 120 hours in it and with no end in sight. For people who enjoy Insurgency, Arma, or other tactical shooters, it's perfect.
>>
>>28295180
>or that's some early model he copied from reference 1:1
Ahh, I hope not.

They did away with the real NYPD and FDNY logos on apparatus/cruisers so I hope the weapons are unaffected.
>>
>>28295180
>Sure it has the preachy bullshit"MONEY KILLS" story background but I don't think that will matter too much ingame.

Never in all the trailers has this been treated as some sort of bullshit message.

They came up with an idea of how to spread an infection to a large number of people at the same time, and... turning cash money into a carrier during Black Friday actually sounds pretty clever.
>>
>>28295274

In that very very first animated trailer with the female narrator I think they showed before gameplay on stage at E3 it was pretty preachy.

Hardly anyone pays with cash during black friday anyways.
>>
>>28293163

I dont get the siege hate, its a fun game with replayability.

Destructible envirorments, and randomized obj points and types vary the tactics used.

Its one of the best shooters to date, it has its problems, match making/connectivity/explosion desync but it is still a quality game.

60 dollars isnt a lot of money if you arent poor.
>>
>>28288688

Cool thread, developer shill.

> name game, mix in memes
> list of features
> highlight developer favorite
> end with a meme
>>
>>28291760

It took me and my wife 17 minutes to cross it from the B train to the metropolitan.
>>
File: 1449770129939.jpg (11 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1449770129939.jpg
11 KB, 325x325
>>28288688

Played the open "alpha". It's shit and Ubisoft is shit.

>"Open world" MMO inn NYC
>nothing is open, just streets
>massive graphical downgrade since E3
>bullet sponge retarded enemies
>missions consist of "walk to this area and get this", and stop and kill a group of enemies every 100yds
>"social areas" a carbon copy of destiny's
>but hey, you get emotes!!! i can do jumping jacks or wave!
>dark zone is a clusterfuck

If you have your hopes up for this game do yourself a favor and bring them way back down to Earth.
>>
>>28295311
>Hardly anyone pays with cash during black friday

Not worried about a overdraft are we?
>>
>Ubisoft

Yeah, no thanks. Even If I found it in trash bin I still would not take it because of Uplay shit.
>>
>>28288688
I swear I first saw shit about this at E3 2 years ago, and it's still in alpha? What the fuck is Ubisoft doing?
>>
>>28295853
That's the norm for video game development. It takes years to get all the features in place and working. The leap from Alpha to Beta is a lot more than Beta to Release Candidate.
>>
>>28296372
But why announce it 3 years before they actually release it?
>>
>got into alpha
>forgot to play
fuck
>>
>>28288688
>Multiple graphics downgrades over the years to let console tards play it
Yeah, gonna wait for a proper ENB and tor it because the devs are fucking tards.
>>
>>28296475
>ENB
why do people like this so much? it just changes some minor shit and doesn't help at all with the shitty textures or or models.
>>
>>28295450

I don't understand the hate for siege either. I found it to be fun and a bit of a refresh. There isn't really any other shooter out there quite like it either.

It does borrow elements from a mix of games though.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.