[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://www.brooklyneagle.com/artic les/2015/12/21/brookl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
>http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articles/2015/12/21/brooklyn-lawmakers-seek-tightly-restrict-sales-ammo-statewide

>mfw new york confirmed for worse state than new jersey
>>
>>28287628
>12 bullets per 90 days

literally retarded
>>
in theory could I buy ammo in bulk online?
>>
The police will already fuck with you for traveling with "too much" ammo.

Maybe they'll have to confiscate it and give you a phone number to a non-existent claims department.
>>
>>28288570
In NY you can only buy ammo from an FFL and no online shipping
>>
>>28287628
One on right gets me erect
>>
File: whitewar_remains_o_2787501c.jpg (107 KB, 460x613) Image search: [Google]
whitewar_remains_o_2787501c.jpg
107 KB, 460x613
>currently live in NY and moving to IL this spring for work.

T-things will get a little better, right?
>>
>>28287628
New York was already confirmed the worst state in the country
>>
They conveniently forget to mention that the state already passed legislation to institute a state-wide background check system for ammunition purposes in the SAFE Act; the state never actually got around to implementing the system and hoped people would just forget about it. This law as described in that article is unenforceable: the only restricted weapons in the state are handguns and assault weapons, but assault weapons fire the same ammunition as equivalent weapons and carbines can fire the same ammunition as any handgun. So there's no way for a gun store owner to know that a potential purchaser doesn't have an appropriate weapon for the ammunition. The quote from the lawmaker complains about not needing to show ID to buy ammo unlike cold medicine (you do, there are age requirements for ammo same as for Sudafed), and there is no sort of ID you can show to prove that you have an appropriate gun for a particular cartridge. It's just another bullshit feelgood law.
>>
What would gun shops do? Take 12 rounds out of a box and sell them?
I live in California, but holy fuck that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>28287628

>I have to provide ID to buy sudafed, but can just walk up and get bullets

So liberals pass bullshit restrictions and bans then use those to justify more restrictions and bans?
>>
Does anyone think this will actually get implemented? I seriously couldn't imagine my state getting worse. Fuck Brooklyn and fuck New York City, I live in rural New York where their regulations shouldn't matter.
>>
Where do they expect people are going to get 12 round boxes of .38?
Also what's to stop you from saying you have a semi-auto M60 converted to 9mm, and I'll take 400 rounds for my 200-round belts
>>
>>28288698

Ideally you'd be able to bank your ammo rations, but documenting that would be a nightmare.
>>
>>28288698
Jew York, no mags above 10 rounds. And you have to register everything
>>
>>28288698
We can't even have anything belt fed.
>>
File: ec and mw.jpg (140 KB, 1067x820) Image search: [Google]
ec and mw.jpg
140 KB, 1067x820
>>28288603
Quasimodo needs love too
>>
File: CLIPS.jpg (60 KB, 430x351) Image search: [Google]
CLIPS.jpg
60 KB, 430x351
>>28288907
>>28288698
>be living in jew york
>buy 500 m14a2 links
>technically not a magazine
>go to store
>buy 1000 rounds
>profit
>>
File: too gay for this.jpg (73 KB, 466x423) Image search: [Google]
too gay for this.jpg
73 KB, 466x423
>I have to provide ID to buy sudafed, but can just walk up and get bullets
But that's wrong, you're supposed to get a BG check for ammo

>>28289942
>"Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, that (a) has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition
http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article265.htm
>>
those rounds look like they were found in a side walk crack
>>
>>28287628
So basically PAs ammo sales are going to go up for those gunshops on the border.
>>
>>28287628

>live in newyork
>want to your ny friendly ar with mandatory "I heart ny sticker" affixed to its monte carlo stock
>purchase 20 bullets from the bullet merchant for 40 dollars plus 200 in tax
>sigh after you shoot 20 rounds and hope that they don't lower the limit next year so you can shoot again
>police kick in your door and tase your balls because you were placed on a watchlist for buying the maximum amount of bullets
>another day in ny
>>
>>28287628
So would the maximum amount of ammunition you could take possession of per gun per year under this be 56 rounds or 80 rounds? Are people with 10 round magazines able to purchase 20 rounds or because they're only supposed to load 7 rounds into the magazine do they only get to purchase 14 rounds?
>>
>>28288611
Yes
>>
>>28290811
The 7 round limit was overturned by a judge so it would be 10 round mags with a max of 20 rounds purchased per 90 days.
>>
>>28290414
I've seen niggas like 40 miles into PA buying guns before the MD crackdown. You gotta figure right, a bunch of people did like a 100-120 mile round trip just to buy a gun.
This is only going to strengthen the PA economy.
>>
>>28288658
maybe they'll lighten up once they realize no ammo manufacturer makes 12s much like they let the mag limit go from 7 to 10 because no one made 7 round mags.
>>
>>28288592
How does that not violate the Commerce Clause?
>>
>>28290931
because no one cares about the Constitution until you challenge laws in court.
>>
>>28290931
>implying NY cares
>>
>those familiar with the legislation say the lawmakers look upon the language as a starting point in negotiations.

So what do you think they're really after?
>>
File: new york.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
new york.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>28287628
hows the gun crime/crime in general in NYC anyway? Ive had people tell me that its a safe haven all because of Bloomberg and his ideals and id like something to throw back in their face
>>
>>28290955
more bans on firearms, more hoops to jump through for legal gun ownership, more restrictive may issue carry permit process, registries

there is no telling what kind of retardation is afoot here.
>>
>>28290958
Gulliani is the one that cleaned up NYC.

The race mixxing communist mayor they have now is letting things go to shit again.
>>
File: Philly_skyline.jpg (502 KB, 975x648) Image search: [Google]
Philly_skyline.jpg
502 KB, 975x648
>>28290958
Man, Philly has more soul than that shit..
>>
>>28290958
Second highest rapes per capita in the US.

4th highest murders per capita in the US.

Second highest firearm-based assaults per capita in the US.

Highest total number of firearms felonies in the US (this is irrespective of population, it's like #7 for per-capita)
>>
>>28290958
just like any city, it depends on where you go. Times square, parts of manhattan, basically any place with money and white people are going to be pretty nice, just very expensive

some places in queens, the Bronx, Washington heights I wouldn't want to be after dark. Or in the daytime for that matter.
And just like any city, even the pro gun states, they pride themselves on being ahead of everyone with strict gun laws and its a total crapshoot on where you go
>>
File: 1441321068280.jpg (70 KB, 885x765) Image search: [Google]
1441321068280.jpg
70 KB, 885x765
>>28287628
>be an active LEO
>have nation wide carry capabilities. even in the most anti places
>visit NY a lot to see family
>also bring a few pistols with me just because I can
>regularly cc my colt 1911 because its the most freedom having pistol in my collection
>its been spotted by New Yorkers when I visit
>they yell at me, call me a redneck terrorists, tell EVERYONE in the area that im a nutcase with a gun and theyre calling the police
>let them chew me as I sit there silently, then when theyre finished I tell them there is no need to call the police
>"why the fuck not fuckface?"
>flip out my badge, watch them stammer and curse me out more, then sulk off
>I do it for the murder /k/ube
>>
>>28291153
even though you're a cop, I like you, because you piss off new yorkers.

do you do the same with CA?
>>
File: doublethink1.jpg (75 KB, 640x927) Image search: [Google]
doublethink1.jpg
75 KB, 640x927
>>28291153
>>
>>28291171
yeah, but NYC is NYC so its way more fun
>>
>>28287628
WOOP WOOP, GO NEW JERSEY :D :D :D :D :D :D

New Jersey is actually better than something :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
>>
>>28291667
>accidently myself into Jersey from Philly
>gps get me the fucks outta here but avoid tolls
>okay, drive for 119 miles down the turnpike
No wonder people stay in Jersey, they gotta pay to get out.
>>
>>28291153
>being a cop

thanks for your service
>>
>>28291153
What beef do they got with you? It's your right, and you're doing nobody no harm.

Ask them, if they didn't see the gun, would they have reacted the same way?

Geez, for the place of all mighty culture and stuff, they can be bigots.
>>
>>28291693
Former Jersey resident. Get the fuck out while you can.
>>
>>28288658
>>28288672
Welcome to NY.
>>
>>28291693
It's not so bad out west in New Jersey. More calm and cool headed folk out there. Less corruption.

Both parties in NJ are so corrupted, the devil would be fired and brought back to heaven.

It kinda sucks, and there are very few firing ranges (ignoring personal ranges).

Admittedly, you get so pretty good deals on hunting if you use a bow/crossbow.

Only reason I live there was one, I was born there, and two, cause it's an easy commute to college.
>>
>>28291153
>cc my colt 1911

fatass fatass detected.
>>
File: 1450826621143.jpg (62 KB, 585x350) Image search: [Google]
1450826621143.jpg
62 KB, 585x350
>>28291153

Thanks for writing tickets to make the LibKuck welfare drug addicts more GibsMeDat

Being a fucking piggu police who got rejected and could not get into the military.

LOL enjoy your doughnuts piggu!
>>
>>28288611
Slightly.
>>
>>28288628
no one has mentioned it's already illegal to sell any pistol ammo in NY to anyone without a pistol permit.
>>
>>28291711
>What beef do they got with you
its NYC in the most liberal generation we've ever had
they have a problem with everyone
>>
>>28291807
its easier to carry my 1911 then it is my glock
Also, you have to still abide by the states rules as far as mag limits go. Last I checked NYC had a 7 or 10 round limit if you wanted a gun. a 1911 is pretty much perfect for it
>>
>>28291921
But m8 it's the current year.
>>
>>28288611
Yes, if you're not moving to Shitcago
>>
>>28291711
this was probably in a very well off area of the city, the parts that are rich and smug and the people live in a bubble and really believe they should the trendsetters for the rest of the country
I told some people in my class I had a shotgun and they freaked out asking im Ive ever had to kill somebody and how can I live with it in my house like it was a nuclear bomb in my closet
Im British
>>
>>28291940
>Also, you have to still abide by the states rules as far as mag limits go

Really? I know NY LEO's can own whatever they want. They have essentially zero restrictions. It's fucked. Are the mag limits just for visitors, even if they're current LEO?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.