[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remington 700
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: snap-00117.png (174 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
snap-00117.png
174 KB, 720x404
>Yurop
Sell cars that emit a few percent too much Nx.

>Murrica
Keep selling guns that have killed children due to faulty trigger mechanism.

No one would point a loaded gun? Tell the police sniper whose Remington fired through an on going raid.

When was the problem discovered? Don't ask!
When was it first recognized by a court verdict? Seriously, don't.
When was the call back initiated?

So is this the new Glock?
>>
>>28283579
only fudds and retards consider the r700 good
>>
>>28283587
There's almost 8 million of those things out there.
>>
>>28283579
>No one would point a loaded gun? Tell the police sniper whose Remington fired through an on going raid.
probably a cover-up for the cop's fuck up
>>
>>28283607
8 million shitty guns are still 8 million shitty guns
>>
Good post open. Remington just doesn't give a shit. I'd rather just build a mauser that I know I can rely on. Remington a shit
>>
>>28283579
>gun comes with literally the shittiest Lawyer-Proof™ trigger ever made
>erryone surprised when it doesn't work as intended

>gun comes with a trigger specifically designed to break when fucked with in any way
>says so literally on the tag around the trigger guard when you take it out of the box
>people fuck with it anyway
>somehow Remington's fault the trigger is now unsafe

>gun designed with a trigger so shitty aftermarket replacement is 100% required
>police sniper was using an aftermarket Timney Tactical set at 7oz and simply put booger hook on bangswitch
>this has been independently verified
>>
>>28283587
What exactly is wrong with the 700 action?

>>28283579
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_KVS1hIbQg
This is remington's response to claims of faulty products. Which news story are you talking about specifically?
>>
>>28283873
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_KVS1hIbQg
Wow, that is some unashamed corporate whitewashing. They pull out all the stops, drama, lecturing, testimonials, obfuscation, without actually addressing the technical issue. Making it 15 minutes long is just rude.
>>
>>28283873
>>28285042
>reporting the news is a serious business..
bwahahahaha, I don't think the news see it that way.
>>
>>28285042
I was under the impression that action was reliable and decent, and I'm guessing it is but even rare occurrences like that are serious. I noticed they issued a recall on certain 700s but is there any other information regarding this? Is it reliable or not? Which actions are better/reliable yet decently priced?
>>
>>28285457
There's decades of court battles, settlements, and NDAs. Remington has paid out millions, most without a judge. They have considered alternate mechanisms since the weapon's conception but have always considered saving a few cents the better option. US law leaves the decision to recall with the manufacturer unlike with any other product where the state can initiate it over safety concerns. Remington has considered a recall several times. But it would open them up to litigation, so they don't.
>>
>>28285491
But I thought they DID recall some 700s? Shouldn't this fix the issue for new 700s? If they've identified a problem it should mean a correction in newly created remingtons right?

http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/safety-center/safety-warning-recall-notice-Remington-model700-modelseven.aspx
>>
>>28286099
They lost a class action suit and anyone who joins it now will get their trigger replaced.
>>
>>28286162
So the ones with the newer style trigger should be fine?
>>
>>28286240
2009 is a production date I've seen thrown around.
>>
File: KBlWM4pg5.jpg (39 KB, 520x170) Image search: [Google]
KBlWM4pg5.jpg
39 KB, 520x170
CNBC made a followup documentary.
>Zed on suicide watch

Gunfight-Remington Under Fire HDTV x264-W4F
>>
I bought a remshit700 not knowing any better. I wish I could slap my past self.
>>
>>28286944
What's wrong with it? What would you purchase instead?
>>
>>28283753
>>police sniper was using an aftermarket Timney Tactical set at 7oz and simply put booger hook on bangswitch
>>this has been independently verified
hahahahahahahahah oh wow what a fucking idiot
>>
>>28283579
Anyone who buys a current-production Remington 700 without IMMEDIATELY refitting it is ASKING for trouble...
>>
>>28288294
What's a good refit?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.