[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on SDI? I've been thinking about possibly taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: SDI_Logo_2.png (536 KB, 1077x1433) Image search: [Google]
SDI_Logo_2.png
536 KB, 1077x1433
Opinions on SDI?

I've been thinking about possibly taking their courses some day.
>>
bump for interest...
>>
>>28282241
I'm not too sure that they'd teach you anything that you can't already learn from lurking here.
>>
>>28283001
Yeah but you get to be a certified gunsmith, and/or get an associates degree from an accredited university. I don't think /k/ can offer that.

Also their courses get you a bunch of cool shit, like a hydrodip kit and a Hornady Lock and Load ammo press, and you get to build your own 10/22, AR-15, AR-10 and 1911 from receivers.
>>
With all the advertising they do, I feel lie it's Devry with guns. I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives that can give you that same certifications.
>>
File: SDI costs.jpg (141 KB, 720x591) Image search: [Google]
SDI costs.jpg
141 KB, 720x591
>>28283201
I dunno, they're prices seem pretty reasonable. $250 per credit hour for the firearms related courses and $190 for their construction education and arts stuff, which is a pretty good price, most online universities vary between $200 and $300.

They seem pretty legit, and have a decent amount of people involved with the project. They say the want to be the premier online school for gunsmiths and they look like they could achieve that goal.
>>
>>28283201
>all the advertising they do
What? Had the Talking Lead guy visit MAC and IV8888 and make a few videos? I haven't seen any other advertisement beyond that.
>>
>>28282241
what about taking a class with larry vickers? i live in the same state he does
>>
>>28282241
I wonder if they could let you get a group discount if you're doing it as a small privately owned business.

I wonder how they would account for being able to do the courses in an incremental fashion, like doing the reloading and armored courses first then doing the gunsmithing cert later, and the associates degree program afterwards, giving you a discount and letting you skip the classes you had done in programs before.
>>
>>28283419
>hickok
>>
>>28286095
Never saw Hickok's video on them, but still that's not a lot of advertising for a college.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.