[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As an Ohioan, is this legit? http://virginiaconcealed.com/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: virginia2.png (10 KB, 318x87) Image search: [Google]
virginia2.png
10 KB, 318x87
As an Ohioan, is this legit?

http://virginiaconcealed.com/get-certified/

Basically, according to the site, i can watch a video, take an 11 question test, and pay $80 to get a VA CCW permit, and with Ohio recognizing every other states permits, would allow me to carry in OH without paying $150 and doing the 10 hours of live training OH requires. I also assume that i could probably easily convert the VA license to an OH one down the line.... Anyone know anything about this/done it before?
>>
>>28282044
I don't know about your situation but it's not uncommon for people to get permit from states that are more widely recognized than their own state.
>>
>>28282063
What would be the most recognized state for CCW permits?
>>
>>28282063
Been thinking about this. I already have a Georgia Weapons License, if I wanted to get a second CCW permit to maximize the states I can carry in, which state should I get?
>>
>>28282076
Looks like Alaska might be the best. Ohio is up there too.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/ohio

Click on a different state to check others
>>
>>28282076
>>28282127
Utah, recognized by like 35 or more states...

or California, but you're not a sadist or Californian like I am.
>>
>>28282076
>>28282127
Utah's got the most reciprocity for any state. It's not the best option out there, but it's definitely something.
>>
>>28282167
shit sorry for the double post guys.
>>
>>28282044
Texas concealed carry permit seems to have a pretty good range of states that recognizes it.
>>
>>28282178
what about any licenses in the North east?
>>
>>28282159
Alaska is pretty great, but they don't issue CCW permits to non residents.
>>
To those looking at other states, this bit might be helpful...from the OP website:

>Non-Residents

>The Virginia Non-resident Permit is available to U.S. citizens in all 50 states and allows you to carry concealed in the following 28 states:

>Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana*, Iowa, Kansas*, Kentucky*, Louisiana*, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska*, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma*, South Dakota, Tennessee*, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia*, Wisconsin* and Wyoming.

>*These states require their residents to obtain their home state permit if they wish to carry concealed legally in their home state. Without your home state permit you can still travel legally concealed in the other 27 states.

Also, some states (Alaska for one) won't issue to non-residents
>>
>>28282238
You're fucked.
>>
>>28282044
I too am curious. This'd be a lot better than going through Ohio's shitty CCW permit.
>>
Most states have a law stating that you are required to have a permit from your own state of residence if you want to carry in your state. A way to protect profits.
>>
>>28282044
First off, Ohio training sources also offer online classes. You probably still need to go to the range to qualify, though.
2nd, you don't need to pay $150. If you are trying to save money and already know safety and shooting, you can get a class for half that.
source: me, an Ohio CHL possessor.
>>
>>28282390
Looks like Ohio doesn't have that >>28282275
>>
>>28282360
Why is Ohio's shitty?

Also, for all the Ohio people bitching: Be jealous of Indiana. From what I understand you just show up and give them $10, walk away with a permit.
>>
>>28282044
Check the respective states recoprocity rules, most states now require you be a resident if the state you hold the permit in to have recoprocity, so a virginian with a virginia ccw can carry in ohio, but an ohioan resident with a ccw from va can only carry in va and a few other states that dont require residency to be the same as the permit.
>>
>>28282044
if this is legit, it's the most goddamn based thing I've ever seen.

Hell, I'm certified in OH to carry (but don't actually have the license), but would rather do this because it's more convenient than actually going to my local sheriff's dept.

fucking based VA.
>>
>>28282044
Also worth noting: Not every state's licensure is the same. For example, if you get a Kentucky concealed weapons permit, you can carry other things concealed, like knives, pepper spray, batons, rifles in your car, etc. Ohio is concealed handgun only, thus why it is shortened to CHL.

It's most common for Ohioans getting their CHL to also be offered the Florida out of state paperwork. That lets you move and not have to redo everything, as well as carry in other states to their limitations, not Ohio's.
>>
>>28282438
How can you be certified without the license? A little confused on how that works.
>>
>>28282450
>>28282450

I have an OPOTA armed security hand gun certificate.

This allows me to carry in the capacity of a security officer, but as a perk, it also meets ohio's training requirements for CCW.

However, because my schedule is too fucked to actually make it to the court house to sign up for a CCW, I don't have one.

Thus, I am certified and capable of going out and getting a CCW in ohio, I just haven't done so.

Legally, I can't carry, but I technically have all of the qualifications if I were to get off my ass and actually submit a few papers and pay the fee.
>>
>>28282484
Thanks for explaining that to me, anon.

The sheriff's office I went to allowed me to set an appointment online. The appointment took 20 minutes or less. They had extensive hours to select from, but they did revolve around the normal business day. Can't recall if they had weekend slots.
>>
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/08/10/fake-training-puts-hundreds-of-gun-licenses-in-jeopardy.html
>>
>>28282561
This isn't quite related.

This is 3 guys in ohio who faked issuance of ohio traning for the ohio CHL.

Topic is about an ohioan using a VA non-res permit in ohio.
>>
>>28282412
Ohio's process isn't that shitty... promotes training and all that, but a lot of the classes around here run about $150, and only run on Saturdays maybe twice a month if youre lucky. Hard to fit in to a schedule when you work late and have weekdays off. This looks like a much simpler option.
>>
>>28282390
>Most states have a law stating that you are required to have a permit from your own state of residence if you want to carry in your state.

from the ORC:

(1) If, on or after the effective date of this amendment, a person who is a resident of this state has a valid concealed handgun license that was issued by another license-issuing state that has entered into a reciprocity agreement with the attorney general under division (A)(1) of this section or the attorney general determines that the eligibility requirements imposed by that license-issuing state for that license are substantially comparable to the eligibility requirements for a concealed handgun license issued under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code, the license issued by the other license-issuing state shall be recognized in this state, shall be accepted and valid in this state, and grants the person the same right to carry a concealed handgun in this state as a person who was issued a concealed handgun license under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.
tl;dr if you have an out of state permit from a reciprocal state, you're good.
>>
>>28282649
I payed $60 for my classes. Was mostly dummy stuff to make sure you know which end is the dangerous one, and can hit what you're aiming at generally.

Seriously, there are online classes for Ohio too. I'm guessing you aren't near one of the major metropolitan areas, then?
>>
>>28282444
since he's an Ohioan considering using the VA nonres in ohio:

even though other states permit non-handgun weapons to be carried in their territory with their license, the ORC basically says that an out of state CCW is treated as a CHL in Ohio.

I.e. if he were to carry a knife as a weapon in Ohio with a Virginia nonres permit, he'd still be committing a crime even though such a thing is legal in Virginia.
>>
>>28282717
I'm near Akron, but i guess that's not 'major' enough (fuck Akron anyways, dirty shithole). If there's online classes, do you have a link? And how does that play with no live fire training...i thought that was required?
>>
Uh guys....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/va-attorney-general-mark-herring-delivers-blow-to-gun-rights-advocates/2015/12/21/d72ce3d0-a821-11e5-9b92-dea7cd4b1a4d_story.html

What the FUCK is this?

Virginia is going to pull this SHIT when they hand out permits like candy????

I live in NC and had to actually attend a physical class all day on Saturday for 8 hours as well as qualify on the range, yes it was easy but far more involved than the Virgina permit.....

These guys in Virginia are SERIOUS hypocrites saying most other states dont have strong enough requirements when their own system is all online! WTF!

I have to qualify at a range in NC, yet my permit isnt good enough but they can just apply online be good to go!.....

This is madness.
>>
>>28284903
when it doubt, blame Northern Virginia
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.