[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rifle building thread. Post what you got.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 20151214_014726.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151214_014726.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Hey everyone, so I started building a long range hunting/tactical gun. I did start off with a remm 700 short action. I know I know but for 380 for the rifle off of arms list I can't complain. I have removed the basic shit stock and put on a magpul hunter 700 stock. I have alot left to do for example replace the trigger , rail, and scope.
>>
A decent start I guess.
>>
>>28280462
what caliber short action? as long as its not a 223 version then good job, and on the trigger what kind are you looking at 1 or 2 stage?
>>
Is there an off the shelf steel pipe that is an appropriate bore diameter and thickness to use as barrel for a matchlock rifle?
>>
i was able to get it in the .308. version. I'm thinking of going with the timney 510 trigger. I also waiting to purchase the magazine well from Magpul so I can use 5 to 10 round mags. There is a lot I want to do with it.
>>
File: 20151222_001240.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151222_001240.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Op here I took a different picture to show the other side of the rifle.
>>
>>28281156
Black pipe
>>
>>28281156
I would be careful just using a pipe off the shelf. There's plenty of barrel blanks you can buy online that would be a safer bet.
>>
fukin syck build m8
>>
>>28281277
Thanks bud. I am no gunsmith by any means, but I am going to do the trigger replacement by myself . Brownell's has a good kit out there that comes with tools, and instruction vids. Im not trying to fud this all up.
>>
>>28280462
If I bought a Remington 700, what parts would I need to replace first? From what I've heard, current production R700s need to be refitted completely to perform well, I'd like to have the parts on-hand before I get the gun. Make things more seamless...
>>
>>28280462
I thought I was looking at a Fallout 4 screenshot for a second.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.