[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you fight like a gentleman, gents? I myself find a pinch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1450648074157.jpg (48 KB, 441x599) Image search: [Google]
1450648074157.jpg
48 KB, 441x599
Do you fight like a gentleman, gents?

I myself find a pinch of Sir Will Wright's haberdashery does quite the trick on rapscallions this time of night.

Daguerreotype related.
>>
>>28279200

Jolly good! So, what a honorable gentlemen should get to protect the law when fighting those black and yellow savages?
>>
>>28279200
>victorian kung fu
Most Supreme of Gentlemanly Defense
>>
>>28279200
>Do you fight like a gentleman, gents?
No. I'll avoid any fight like a pussy but if you swing at me, I'm going for the kill, brutal and bloody.
>>
File: 3e7.jpg (36 KB, 600x528) Image search: [Google]
3e7.jpg
36 KB, 600x528
>>28279200
>Daguerreotype related
>>
I've actually heard this bullshit is pretty effective.

I guess anything armed (it is stick fighting essentially) is more effective than unarmed.

Here's the problem, who carries a cane?
>>
>>28279200

Although an aficionado of the manly art of fisticuffs, I do find the application of a life preserver less taxing to the knuckles.

check out - All-round Fighting in Edwardian London: Pierre Vigny

http://ejmas.com/jnc/jncart_vigny_0500.htm
>>
>>28280111
enjoy being arrested by the bobbies, old chap
>>
>>28279200
>Throwing your coat to get a surprise strike
>gentlemanly
Maybe if you're a NEGRO.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 536x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 536x640
Your attempts at sounding victorian blows major balls OP, off yourself
>>
>>28283348
>The Professor was busy giving instruction to his pupils, when four men, gentlemen in appearance, entered his school, and asked to be shown a display of the Professor's system. M. Vigny, with his usual politeness, complied with the request, and demonstrated four or five of the most effective tricks, with which the visitors expressed themselves pleased, with the exception of one of their number. This man stated his objection in a most insulting manner, doubly annoying to the Professor, seeing that his pupils were present. "Oh!" said he, "that is Japanese business, but it is all nonsense to think that it would be of any use against a determined opponent. I know nothing of such tricks, but no man has ever been able to stand before me." The Professor replied: "Yes, but perhaps, you will not be able to stand before me." The man said, "Ah! That is just what I wanted."
>And, in spite of the efforts which his friends made to dissuade him, this man suddenly stripped off his coat and waistcoat, and rushed at the Professor, trying to take him by surprise, and sending a violent swing at his head. But the Professor's coolness and experience stood him in good stead, and ducking he threw his opponent heavily with a twist of the hips. The fellow jumped up quickly, and made another rush, but with the well-known "Fitzsimmon's shift," the Professor hooked his man on the jaw with his left, knocking him out of action with a broken jaw. The biter was bit, indeed, and was removed to the nearest hospital in a cab.

>"that's nonsense"
>most insulting manner
My, my, how the times have changed
>>
>>28283041
Today, not a lot of people, but back then it was a fashion item. And a convenient club to smash into someone's face if shit happened.
>>
>>28284127
if i ever get a limp or leg injury i'll carry a cane. My sisters boyfriend was in a car crash in which he was paralysed from the waist down. Eventually learnt to walk again but always had a cane. Looked dapper as fuck in a suit
>>
For those curious, shit like this is still taught. There's a Bartitsu club in NYC that I used to take my little college martial arts club to to train with. Chill dudes. Main guy there's really short, but swings that cane like an angry pimp.

It's Savate, bareknuckle boxing, jiujutsu, and cane fighting. French cane fighting's loosely based off of saber fighting. Bretty kewl.
>>
Canne de combat was used by the French resistance during ww2 to assassinate Germans.

>you wouldn't deprive an old man of his walking stick, would you?

Followed by caving in his skull...
>>
I actually saw a dude who works in my office with a shillelagh the other day. He wasn't even pretending it was a walking stick, he was just carrying it around like he wished a nigga would.
>>
>>28279200
You could see the mentality of victorian gentlemen here. They have no trouble absorbing oriental-style of self defence (Jujitsu is around in europe for some time and Kano's judo is also getting popular)

They still hasn't get around with "kicking is for barbarian" in this time though. The french (who had colonized Indochina as well as parts of China itself) saw how useful kicking is and incorporated it in their Savate (the kicking technique is pretty primitive though, as only stomping and a pussified teep is being taught because white people cannot into hip chamber)
>>
>>28284386

At what point did TKD spread throughout the west? Because they certainly figured out how to kick with your whole body by then.
>>
File: histoi17[1].jpg (12 KB, 329x239) Image search: [Google]
histoi17[1].jpg
12 KB, 329x239
>>28284386
>the kicking technique is pretty primitive though, as only stomping and a pussified teep is being taught because white people cannot into hip chamber
they had stuff like high kicks pretty early on and it's still present today
>>
>>28284412
60s. Jhon Rhee practically spreads it in North america alone, while other korean expats spread it to almost everywhere.

They didn't call it TKD at that time though (usually they call it either Tang Soo Do or simply "Korean Karate". Hell if you read all the 50s/60s karate magazines, they call almost everything Karate)

Also, I'd credits Karate (Japanese Karate) more for destroying the "kicking is for pussies" taboos in the west. GIs in Japan/Okinawa saw that brick breaking feats and went apeshit on it.
>>
>>28279200
I personally prefer to have a sword nearby if the situation allows it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Wnh7B8WWY
>>
>>28283041
The bartitsu stick fighting bullshit was based on the French La cane De combat, which itself was an adaptation of fencing to stick fightkng. You can see it in action here
https://youtu.be/0HMON1lQLuY
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.