[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joining the army
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: UK.jpg (89 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
UK.jpg
89 KB, 620x388
Ok lads, i'm a betafag from the UK and want to join the army, but I probably won't get in.

Any advice?
>>
>>28277735
Man up.
Start going to the gym if you don't already and look for opportunities to increase your confidence.
>>
>>28277735
>but I probably won't get in
gotta tell us why before we can offer advice.
>>
>>28277735
>but I probably won't get in
That's the spirit!
>>
>>28277915
This, I don't know how the fuck your expecting help if you just say "hey lads I'm a pathetic faggot"
>>
>>28277928
kek'd
>>
fellow britbong here.

I used to have eczema, I'm 1 year clear medically speaking and trying to join the army reserves but I'm worried this could be a problem. going for infantry.

I'm fairly fit, workout with a friend who's a PT and working on getting my 1.5 mile down to 12 mins or less.

Any advice?
>>
>>28278314
Won't be a problem, especially if you get a doctor to verify that it's no longer present.
>>
>>28278314
>I'm fairly fit, workout with a friend who's a PT and working on getting my 1.5 mile down to 12 mins or less.

1.5 mile DOWN to 12 mins?! Mate that is not fairly fit, that's pretty unfit. Average fitness is 1.5 miles in 9.5mins.

You should be doing it in absolutely no more than 10 minutes at the absolute most before applying. Especially Infantry. You might get away with a 9.5+ minute run time in the RLC or something but no chance in the Inf.
>>
>>28278710
thanks, I had joined RM when I was 16 and had to leave because I developed eczema during time at ctcrm.

>>28278778
actually, you'll find that 9.30 is senior para entry, i've done it at 12 mins casually a few weeks ago, I've not been too active because of the shitty weather (yea yea, I know, run all weathers etc, but living on the coast of scotland isnt exactly easy going) best overall was 10.25 before I started smoking again. 9.24 when I was at my peak.
>>
>>28277735

Mate if you are a beta you ain't gonna be able to be a squaddy.

Seriously.
>>
>>28278830

What are you going to try and join, 6/7 SCOTS or 4 PARA?
>>
>>28278830
>actually, you'll find that 9.30 is senior para entry

I know that's listed as the maximum time for PARA but in all reality if you rocked up to join the PARAs with anything plus of 9.15 then you'll be classed as a risk candidate.
The same for trying to join any other teeth arm with a time higher than 9.30. It's just the way it is. Personally I think it's a bullshit test anyway because how people run in shorts and t-shirt compares very little to running in boots with weight. The test should be OFT1 or similiar.

Granted the Reserves might be a bit more accomodating since they have more time with you and they're desperate at the moment.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.