[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
N00b here: Would pic related be a good optic for my M&P 15
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
N00b here:
Would pic related be a good optic for my M&P 15 if most of my shooting is between 50 - 100 yards?
Also, is the front sight post going to be a problem blocking the scope?
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
>>
Or any other recommendations on a sub $400 optic?
>>
Use the fucking irons!!! 50 to a 100 yards fuckall
>>
>>28273869
Just browse the internet for an optic in your price range and do research. Literally everyone I see with a $700 M&P has a $600 eotech or something of the sort while o got a $100 sight from SG that doesn't work. The front sight won't get in the way unless the dot is lower than the sight blade. It should be right on the tip of the sight post.
>>
>>28273869
I like Vortex. I had one on my old AK, though it was the Strikefire model. If there was one complaint, it was that the red dot was not well defined. They said that was a problem and they would fix it but by the time I learned about that, I had already had it installed for a while and didn't bother to return it.

Eventually took it off and now it sits in a safe doing nothing.
>>
I'd almost recommend the primary arms 2.5x

It's a smaller package and a bit cheaper but its a really good company
>>
Below 4 power magnification, the front sight post is noticeable, but doesn't take up alot of space or impede use of the scope. Since you asked about sub $400 optics, why not red dots? Either the PA advanced microdot, aimpoint aco, or aimpoint pro
>>
That's a fine optic choice for what you want to do. Look up the sparc 2 as well, it's also made by vortex and I think it's in the same price range, just a bit smaller. The dot isn't as clear as the other anon said. At first I thought this is because of my astigmatism, but compared to the two aimpoint h1's my dad and I picked up, it's definitely a little "fuzzier". That being said it's quite capable.

The front iron won't be an issue when you look through it. Look up "cowitnessing with front sight" in google images and you'll get the idea .
>>
File: 1434744569838.jpg (62 KB, 666x538) Image search: [Google]
1434744569838.jpg
62 KB, 666x538
>>28273869
Only two "budget" red dots you should ever get for anything that isn't a .22 is the primary arms advanced micro or vortex spitfire.

Both companies have outstanding warranties and even better products.

>Also, is the front sight post going to be a problem blocking the scope?

not if you 1/3 cowitness like pic
>>
>>28274018
The sparc 2 is a red dot and inferior to primary arms offerings. No one beats those red dots at that price

Also, I think youre confused
The spitfire has magnification, and doing a cowitness doesn't really work.
But the fsp won't interfere with the scope, for sure
>>
>>28273869
Might as well ask here, how is this?
http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-5x-prism-scope-with-patented-223556-545x39-308-acss-reticle/p/kt-pac5x/
>>
>>28274208
The spitfire is 3x magnification, like a budget acog.
>>
>>28274210
My mistake I thought the spitfire was to the M68 sized aimpoint as the sparc would be to the micros. That would make the front sight post even less of an issue, as you stated.
>>
>>28274360
No problems. There's the
Sparc, a micro dot
Strikefire, full sized dot
Spitfire, prism scope
>>
I love my Strikefire 2. I've had absolutely no issues with it. Co-witnesses perfectly. I bought it with a cantilever mount and a Primary Arms magnifier (they had a package deal) for probably $200.

No problems reaching out to 150-200 yards and hitting the gong at all. I love the setup and would recommend it to anyone looking for a first red dot. It was easy to sight in as well. I can shoot 1-2 inch groups at 100yds off the bench no problem.
>>
I have the 3x spitfire, I really like it. The 3x version is not a red dot though, it has a ballistic reticle http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-spitfire-3x-prism-scope-with-ebr-556b-moa-reticle

The 1x spitfire is a red dot afaik
>>
check Amazon - they sell items that are returned for cheap. I picked up a Aimpoint CompM4 for $425.00. Brand new in box - someone had opened it.....
>>
i have a vortex on my m&p 15
>>
Spitfire comes in 1x and 3x, both are prismatic so co witness is not possible. The reticle is etched in the glass so you get a black reticle even if off. I got one due to astigmatism, looks sharper than my old m68. For the range you are dealing with I would recommend the 1x
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.