[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gripes thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: 1419620117350.jpg (26 KB, 454x490) Image search: [Google]
1419620117350.jpg
26 KB, 454x490
This thread is for bitching and moaning about anything in the gun industry or community. New guns, failed guns, schools that screw people over, that fat fuck Larry Vickers, just whatever.

What's grinding my gears today?
>Steel Challenge classification is based on Open Division
>If you shoot Limited you're ranked lower because you can't shoot as fast as someone with a race gun, but the limitations of your gear is not factored in
>So just picking up a race gun and spending a weekend practicing with it before a match could bump you up a classification rank

>MFW I read that bullshit after finding out I'm 6.3 seconds short of 'B' Class
>>
>>28273275
I hate the majority of the firearm community because they're not autistic robots like me and thus succumb to myth perpetuation without ever checking the facts.
>>
>>28273293
>succumb to myth perpetuation without ever checking the facts.
Why the fuck is this so common with gun owners? You could seriously start a thread on /k/ with something like "Obama is going to restrict guns base on your child support payments" and in no time people would be repeating that shit in other threads.
>>
>>28273310
To be fair I'd wager a portion of it is just memeing fuckheads, baiters, etc that want to fuck with people.

But the fuck it spreads and it's trollucrative to use it as bait says something about the community.
>>
File: gun controll.jpg (170 KB, 988x586) Image search: [Google]
gun controll.jpg
170 KB, 988x586
Retards in the EU that want to make it harder for all legal gun owners in the EU because some terrorist used illegal weapons to kill people in Paris.

Retarded leftist idiots on facebook that can't see through the lies and actually supports this because of ''safety''

I mean i kinda understand the people that want to ban muh baby killing assault rifles Don't get me wrong, i think they are fucking stupid but i can see where they are coming from and i can see how they would fall for the anti fun propaganda.

But when people are supporting the ban of semi auto hunting that doesn't even have external magazines they is really no excuse. They are just retarded all the way down to their very core.
>>
>>28273325
I hate people from Europe that lack reading comprehension.
>>
>>28273330
>This thread is for bitching and moaning about anything in the gun industry or community.
>anything in the gun industry or community
>anything in the gun community

I hate people that can't even read their own thread.
>>
Republicanism within the gun community

>ban drugs!
>ban Abortions!
>ban ragheads!

>look, prohibition never works, people are gonna get their hands on guns anyway

ITS ONE OR THE OTHER MATE.

it really saddens my heart that there are only a handful of progun liberals.
>>
>be onna/k/
>post a thread or inna thread
>ask a specific question, i.e. "what do you guys think of X"
>every fucking time some nogunz cowadoody faggotron comes in spouting shit like 'FORGET X Y IS TACTICALLY MORE USEFUL FOR THE SITUATION"
>always posting retarded logical fallacies like "you need Y for the stoppin powah" or "Y's higher capacity makes it better because nobody can land a shot with only X amount of ammo"
I want these people to die by shitting themselves too much
>>
>>28273335
I hate people from Europe that lack reading comprehension but think they don't because they lack basic English skills.
>>
File: liberal compassion and empathy.gif (3 MB, 442x366) Image search: [Google]
liberal compassion and empathy.gif
3 MB, 442x366
>>28273342
Libtards are the same

>Ban assault wapons muh chilluns!
>Don't ban abortion muh woman rights!
>>
>>28273370
yeah, thats why i'm sad there are only a handful of liberal gun owners.

I have to choose between my constitutional rights or the human rights of my neighbors. liberal gun owners need to form a leftist NRA. or the NRA should become more liberal on issues that aren't gun control.
>>
>>28273431
NRA has been full god, guns, and glory for way too long. Never gonna happen.

NAGR tends to be more libertarian in comparison, at least I don't see them making stupid comments about other political issues.
>>
File: 1442415304123.png (422 KB, 1015x1527) Image search: [Google]
1442415304123.png
422 KB, 1015x1527
>>28273370
No more baby parts!
>>
>>28273431
I'm all for it.

What the NRA should do is tell it how it is: We need socialized health care, government investment in infrastructure, free and quality education, thoughtful social security nets, clean environments both wild and urban, inter-ethnic unity/assimilation. Because if these were achieved then there would be very little outcry to ban guns as an easy (but grossly incorrect) way to solve what are socioeconomic problems and prejudice. The Left can't have it both ways -- you can't point to socioeconomic conditions and discrimination as the obvious root of every social problem including violence, and then say it's because citizens own guns, or certain guns, or scary looking guns, or guns in certain areas, or too many guns, or too new guns, because the false duality of guns vs. no guns falls apart completely in light of the whole picture of evidence.
>>
>>28273370
That's not a video of an abortion though. It's just being used as right-wing propaganda (and you're buying it)
>>
>>28273275
>I'm 6.3 seconds short of 'B' Class
Sounds like you just need to get gun nigga
>>
>>28273485
yes! completely, and they have the voting block to do it too.
>>
File: 1447624220526.jpg (38 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1447624220526.jpg
38 KB, 450x450
I hate the NFA. Its horseshit.
>>
>>28273530

Because it's so far to the Republican Right, the NRA can't make more effective arguments like:

Hey look at these pro-gun and no-gun nations with extremely low violent crime! -- Now look at these pro-gun and no-gun nations with shit tons of crime! Maybe, as the National Academy of Sciences under Obama's directive found, on a large scale guns neither increase nor decrease crime. Maybe the reason pro-guns Switzerland and no-guns Japan are so safe is because they have homogeneous cultures, free healthcare, free education and strong social support systems. Maybe the problems in the US -- which by violent crimes PER CAPITA is pretty safe -- should be solved with actual solutions. We've got more guns per capita than any other country on earth, but our crime comes from a huge ass wage gap, shit-tier public education, a lack of socialized health care, shitty consumer protections, too many religious fucks holding us back, and total lack of cultural homogeny made worse by economic divides.
>>
>>28273556
I can see where the NFA is coming from. And to be honest, I don't mind having to pay a tax stamp for MGs or DDs (other than the fact that the MG registry is closed naturally)

But holy fuck, there's no reason to have SBRs and SBSs on the list when pistols aren't.
>>
File: some bullshit.jpg (107 KB, 564x740) Image search: [Google]
some bullshit.jpg
107 KB, 564x740
>>28273511
Are you fucking serious?

Open division (No rules) and limited division (All the rules) are scored the same. That's like comparing a top fuel dragster to a golf cart second for second on the track.

Do these two guns look like they should be in the same scoring class to you?
>>
>>28273612
>too many religious fucks holding us back
Um - what state-enforced solution are you suggesting for this one?
>>
>>28273612
Guns per capita is the lynch pin. Most other countries are way worse off than the US in terms of crime. In every case, those countries has shitty social support systems, shitty schools, religion up the ass, racial/ethnic tensions and huge wage gaps. SO, if the NRA would stop sucking the RNC off, they could make much more effective arguments and win over many people on the left.
>>
>>28273624
So shoot the faster gun. Stop being mad because you're too poor to buy actual equipment.

All competition guns should be race guns, it's a fucking sport.
>>
>>28273625
I suggest proper education and respecting the Establishment Clause.
>>
>>28273641
>religion up the ass, racial/ethnic tensions and huge wage gaps
Again, how do you propose to use the power of the state to redress these problems? Outlaw religion, ethnically cleanse the population, and mandate a single universal wage?
>>
>>28273625
Education, economic stability, and social equality seem to erode religiosity everywhere in the world. Turns out religion becomes less relevant to people who don't have to turn to churches for economic support, a sense of belonging, and/or consensual validation.
>>
File: 1390993703253.gif (418 KB, 352x207) Image search: [Google]
1390993703253.gif
418 KB, 352x207
>>28273652
>All competition guns should be race guns
You have got to be fucking kidding me. Those things are abominations.

>So shoot the faster gun. Stop being mad because you're poor
Did you ever consider I might be shooting my guns that I sometimes CC and that I want to become a better shooter with practical firearms and not tricked out clown guns that cost as much as a used car and run properly half as often?
>>
>>28273670
Nice strawman.
>>
>>28273660
>implying current education methods are "improper" when it comes to religion
>implying the establishment clause is not currently respected
I'm sorry but outlawing religious schools and addimg atheism to a state curriculum doesn't sound a lot like "respecting the establishment clause" to me.
If you leave people free to do as they choose, they're going to make choices you disagree with. It's called Liberty. Any progunz on this board should know about Liberty, I would hope and imagine.
>>
>>28273695
Ok, what ARE your proposals?
>>
>>28273701
>adding atheism
>like it has to be taught

lol
>>
>>28273701
Establishment clause is hardly respected today, and enforcing a universal education standard is hardly outlawing religious schools.

outlawing religious schools wouldn't be a bad idea either actually, or atleast redefine them as an improper alternative till they fall in line with the standard education minimum.
>>
>>28273673
>>28273673
The US has comparable education to the rest of the developed world - admittedly public schooling K-12 is shit, but the whole planet wants to send their kids to our universities, and I would argue that the reason our pre-secondary sucks so hard is *not* because it isn't leftist enough.
And we've had way better economic stability than anywhere else in the world for the past 60 years.
So the entire problem in the US must be what you term "social equality." What is that and how do you suggest we implement it?
>>
File: 1445193618193.png (359 KB, 1540x1396) Image search: [Google]
1445193618193.png
359 KB, 1540x1396
GUYS

GO TO /POL/
>>
>>28273370
Phil, put your trip back on
>>
>>28273684
Shooting competitions are about speed and accuracy and nothing else, if you choose to shoot an inferior gun that's your fault and you deserve to be in a lower class because of it.

>Race gunners
The shooting royalty

>Stock gun shooters
Poorfags and plebs

Just accept it.
>>
>>28273728
>Establishment clause is hardly respected today
We must be seeing things differently. Can you give me some examples of "Congress making a law respecting the establishment of religion?"

>and enforcing a universal education standard is hardly outlawing religious schools.
>outlawing religious schools wouldn't be a bad idea either actually, or atleast redefine them as an improper alternative till they fall in line with the standard education minimum.

I don't think you know many educators. All the ones I talk to gripe that they're already so ass-deep in federal standards testing that they can't actually teach the material with the depth it deserves.

And, um: outlawing religious schools runs afoul of the fee exercise clause of the amendment we were just talking about specifically, and that Liberty thing I was mentioning, more generally.
>>
>>28273770
>Can you give me some examples of "Congress making a law respecting the establishment of religion?"

take out a dollar bill, look on the back behind the one, now what does it say?

also, recite the pledge of allegiance.

both of those are governed by laws passed by congress.
>>
>>28273798
OK, so if we change the motto of the US, and repeal the federal law forcing kids to say the proto-fascist Pledge of Allegiance, then our gun crime will go down?
What federal law mandates recitation of the PoA, incidentally? Because I haven't said it in decades and I don't want to be sent to Federal PMITA Prison.
And which specific religion is being established with the word "God"? Islam? Christianity? Judaism? Mormon? I don't read it as "Allah," "YHWH," or "Xenu," do you?
>>
I fucking hate sbr rules, so many fucking guns either can't be sent here, or have a stupid ass barrel or no stock. I know it's a 200 dollar tax stamp but there's so many guns that just won't ship. I would love a g36c, a mp7, a vz-61 with a stock, a normal ass p-90. Why the fuck does a handgun become illegal with a stock, makes no fucking sense. We wouldn't have restarted AR pistols, people could build really cool sbr rigs easy, no bullshit.
>>
>>28273621
I hate how the registry is closed, its poopy
>>
>>28273826
okay, now you're just straw-manning and splitting hairs.

>>28273856
the srb is bullshit, but having a barrel shorter than 16 inches literally kills babies.
>>
>>28273856 retarded *
>>
I need to have two references on my license to carry application. What do
>>
>>28273509
back to tumblr u go
>>
File: Aero-Sonic.jpg (129 KB, 900x394) Image search: [Google]
Aero-Sonic.jpg
129 KB, 900x394
>>28273275

I hate that no one has tested the JJFU snake oil can yet and called him out on the ridiculous claims.
https://www.jjfu.com/suppressors
>>
>>28273342
Liberal gun guy reporting in.

Biggest Gripe:
I find the hard core conservatives in the gun community to be the ones that give gun owners a bad name. They seem to be the least intelligent people in society as a whole.
>>
>>28273612
well posted Anon
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.